Do you like the term "Sex toys"?

I might be the only one, but I've never liked the term 'sex toys' - I've always felt it's a bit distasteful in view of toys being associated with children. I'd have preferred it if the industry had stuck with the original term 'sex aids', although I do of course realise the negative connotations of 'aids'.

I'm sure nothing will change the usage of 'sex toys' in the forseeable future, but can anyone think of a better phrase? I don't suppose 'orgasm inducers' would catch on...

Recent thread about this:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/orgasm-army/sex-talk/218671-uprising-against-the-word-toy/

I think sex aids is a rubbish term! Sounds old fashioned. I liked the terms plaything but also like toy.

ah was about to say, already been a thread like this, but dam it WandA, you beat me to it

You have to get up early to beat me Doug.

(Not literally, 10am will do it)

Sorry, I had a quick look but missed the other thread.

WandA wrote:

You have to get up early to beat me Doug.External Media

(Not literally, 10am will do it)

yh, thats early External Media

But the second mouse gets the cheese ;)

Noon wrote:

Unless the first mouse was intelligent enough to get said cheese without setting of the trap...

WandA wrote:

Noon wrote:

Unless the first mouse was intelligent enough to get said cheese without setting of the trap...

or if it was a humane trap, the 1st mouse gets the chees, and its last meal

*off

Has this thread made anyone else hungry? ...think I'm gonna go and have a cheese sandwich!

You will have bad dreams, perhaps featuring very clever mice and worms chasing birds. :)

Sounds like a pretty good dream to me!... as long as there are no sex aids involved.... that might get a little wierd!

I dreamt I was a carrot once, does that count?

I guess that depends if anyone else was in the dream.... and what they were doing with the carrot!

erm im sorry but how damn random has this thread got.......how did sex toys turn into carrots and cheese?!??!?!??

toxycat wrote:

erm im sorry but how damn random has this thread got.......how did sex toys turn into carrots and cheese?!??!?!??

Read back lazy!External Media

The carrot chat and cheese talk may have had something to do with the time, at the time, if you see what I mean.

It could irk me but then my 'toy' makes me come so hard that I see stars, and suddenly semantics doesn't bother me

I do like the term 'pleasure object'. I think the cats at Lelo prefer that and it makes sense. There's a big difference between your knock off novelty and a gold plated, diamond encrusted wonder-wang.