Do you use sex toys in the bathroom?

So many new sex toys are waterproof that it got Hannah and I wondering about how often people take their toys into the bath or shower. Is it something you do regularly? Have you tried it once or twice? Or have you never given them a good underwater testing?

We've got a poll up and running on the LoveHoney blog (check the right hand column), so don't forget to give your answer there as well!

I always shower and have tried a toy once or twice but would need to spend hours in the shower for them to be effective

We've yet to use any of ours in the bathroom, bit sceptical of anything claiming to be waterproof after one *waterproof* gave up the ghost while being washed in the sink!

Well I have a selection of toys in my bathroom and not all are waterproof. I have a few that aren't but are very strong but silent so I can hide in there quickly if I have guests over.

Sometimes I fear using some toys underwater easpically if they are expensive and I am very fond of them. My friends jessica rabbit died in the bath even though the battery compartment was completely sealed, I guess she could of worn the motor out but it was only a few months old...

I like to have massage candels burning in the bathroom while I'm playing with toys so they are ready for after, my OH tends to read to me while in the bath as well often erotic books which really is relaxing.

I use toys in the bath fairly often, but I don't usually use it as an excuse to have a full blown wank. Usually i'll use with one of my aenros toys, my new We-Vibe (which makes a bloody, bloody good prostate massager. Really keen on this little guy) or kegal ball style anal beads. (Need to get another set of these)

The general theme is put it in and leave it. I try not to fiddle around too much cause even if you don't move much the lube washes off and soap can be really irritating.

Sometimes I'll use a stroker or something when the water's running beforehand (which covers up the loud squelchy noises nicely), but I've only used it once in the bath and a couple times in the shower.

Overall I find that warm or hot water Really weakens my orgasms, so all this is either build up for after I get out or just an added extra to all the relaxing water. Unfortunately, I don't tend to use vibes because the bath amplifies the noise considerably, and feeling like i'm sitting in a giant loudspeaker doesn't get me off.

I do occasionally, but really not very often.

I'm more inclined to take them into the bath than the shower, as it just doesnt work with me. I much prefer to be able to lie back an enjoy in the bath than try to make it work in the shower.

Whoops. Forgot to say that the reason I really like water-proofness is mainly because i'm paranoid i'm going to break a non-water-proof by cleaning it. I like toys that i can just crack in the sink, or that I don't have to worry about where I get luby fingers ect.

LoveHoney - Alice wrote:

So many new sex toys are waterproof that it got Hannah and I wondering about how often people take their toys into the bath or shower. Is it something you do regularly? Have you tried it once or twice? Or have you never given them a good underwater testing?

We've got a poll up and running on the http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/blog/ (check the right hand column), so don't forget to give your answer there as well!

As most of you may know, I am a huge fan of taking my toys into the bath with me! This happens at least every other day, and I love to indulge in using several things at once (bullet, vibrator, anal beads/plugs etc).

I probably use my toys more in the bath, than I do elsewhere!

I used to be worried that waterproof toys wouldn't live up to their name, but once I realised they did, I was sold! I haven't had any issues of toys leaking and breaking on me yet!

Right, off to do the poll...

MrsPx

Pixieking wrote:

I use toys in the bath fairly often, but I don't usually use it as an excuse to have a full blown wank. Usually i'll use with one of my aenros toys, my new We-Vibe (which makes a bloody, bloody good prostate massager. Really keen on this little guy) or kegal ball style anal beads. (Need to get another set of these)

The general theme is put it in and leave it. I try not to fiddle around too much cause even if you don't move much the lube washes off and soap can be really irritating.

Sometimes I'll use a stroker or something when the water's running beforehand (which covers up the loud squelchy noises nicely), but I've only used it once in the bath and a couple times in the shower.

Overall I find that warm or hot water Really weakens my orgasms, so all this is either build up for after I get out or just an added extra to all the relaxing water. Unfortunately, I don't tend to use vibes because the bath amplifies the noise considerably, and feeling like i'm sitting in a giant loudspeaker doesn't get me off.

I love this tip!

I never have and i wouldn't.

my bath is when i sit and read and have a little relax, its just not something that appeals to me whatsoever,

VW x

Bathtime, most of the time, is when me and my Husband start the process of switching off after a busy day. Sometimes we share the bath, sometimes one of us sits on the end of the bath and talks to the other, washes their hair, scrubs their back, and then very often, toys are introduced as a warm up for later. For me/us, the bath is where we relax!

Grab your partner and lather up - you don't know what your missing!

(*though of course everyone's entitled to their own opinion!)

MrsPx

I realise my comment makes me sound really like negative about the whole thing, it wasn't intended that way, i just mean baths aren't sexy to me, they are where i go to read a book or just have a soak,

my ex used to sit in the bathroom with me and just chat to me and liked it like that, nothing sexual, just a little chat while i have a relax

VW x

I have tried taking one of my bunnies into the shower with me, but I shower to get clean - that's it. I'm not really fond of baths - so my reply would be a big no.

I like waterproof toys though, as well - they make you get very wet indeed:)

I couldnt even if i wanted to! I lose all sensation in the shower/bath - itd feel just like rubbing my arm...

I couldnt even if i wanted to! I lose all sensation in the shower/bath - itd feel just like rubbing my arm...

i'm like inara, i loose sensation so ive never tried it.

i do like waterproof and submersible toys for ease of cleaning.

As a bloke no.

The lube washes away. The 'mess' isn't what you want floating in the bath. I don't like wanking standing up (shower).

I have done, tried my TC super thingy first in the bath!

LoveHoney - Alice wrote:

Pixieking wrote:

I love this tip!

You tweeted this!

I just can't get into it in the bath:/

hell yes!

glass toys are definitely waterproof and suction cup dildos stick on very well to tiles!

still yet to get a battery operated toy which is waterproof though... but will happen soon.

i agree with both points of view about baths being sexy time and relaxing time - so obviously we dont use them all the time.

i too love having a bath and just relaxing sometimes with my OH just sitting and chatting, or sometimes washing each others hair etc....

but then sometimes toys take over...

i have used my bullet in the bath a couple of times but like wanda, i can't come standing up!

so yes, very occasionally in the bath but not in the shower