Does anyone else find the “I am not a robot” at login a pain?

Yes it’s frustrating so I always stay logged in on my phone so I don’t get it lol

I thought a bit annoying to start with, but I'm getting used to. If makes things safer why not?

Terri JJ wrote:

Anything that protects people gets the thumbs up from me. Ticking a box is not that much of an issue surely ? xx

I'm all in favour of security and I don't have any issue with just ticking a box but (up until this log in) I have been asked to solve the little puzzle every single time (which I haven't had to do on any other site using reCAPCHA for absolutely ages) and that the solutions are, in many cases, flakey.

I now have enough practice to be able to say "there is a tiny bit of road-sign in that square but I reckon its small enough they missed it" and get in after a small number of goes. Perhaps the things have been calibrated for people logging on on a phone and not a PC with a massive monitor.

Since I got in without having to solve a puzzle this time I hope this is the start of a new trend.

It is a pain but it secures all our accounts which is nice, the keep me logged in doesn't seem to work anymore

I'm always on my phone so I haven't had it. It is frustrating as it's hard to tell what's a house number and what is a dog. 😁

Been ok on iPad

Estim wrote:

Please tick the boxes that have the cute asses in....tick, now that would make it fun...bad robot

+1 a bit of humour with it would be fun.!!

Why not just have it at check out when you are buying something ?

It is even more annoying today I had 2 lots of pictures to tick, ridiculous !

I keep forgetting to check the box so have to input all my details again. But agree that internet security is a big issue totes understand why LH feel it is needed.

I'm waiting for the LH tailored version:
"Please tick all the profile pictures that show images of genitals"
"Please tick all the forum posts that are breaking the rules"

#multitasking 😁

Ps I think the additional security is great, particularly if it keeps out the spam and advert bots that the LH staff otherwise have to waste their time moderating.

BarginHunta wrote:

I'm waiting for the LH tailored version:
"Please tick all the profile pictures that show images of genitals"
"Please tick all the forum posts that are breaking the rules"

#multitasking 😁

Hahaha! I vote for this 

4 different pictures today !!!!!?????

Hi I have been haing problems gaining access to my account everytime I try to access my account. The only way I can access my account is to reset my password and once done I can access the account however if I try again I have to go through the same process and reset password again!

steve19 wrote:

Hi I have been haing problems gaining access to my account everytime I try to access my account. The only way I can access my account is to reset my password and once done I can access the account however if I try again I have to go through the same process and reset password again!

Speak to live chat - they should be able to help :-)

I am all for this company making it more secure and keeping my confidential customer information just that... confidential, but I am also confused why I have had to the do the photo box thingie multiple times? Anyway I will take that over a data breach any day.

I hadn't been on the forums for a while, so when I came back, I couldn't get on the site. I didnt realise at first that the photo box was obligatory. It is a pain having to complete it every time you log on...however if it keeps our info confidential then it's well worth it.

total pain lol

Ive not come across this yet. On other sites, the captcha only comes up if i mistype my email address or password, not at every login.

Yes it’s a pain and keeps login me out 😢

Well, I have bought stuff online this week from Amazon, Rapid Electronics, Farnell, CPC, RS Components, DirectPlastics, The MetalStore and PKGreenStore none of which use reCAPTCHA or ever have done.

I can't believe that companies the size of Amazon or RS Components have lower security needs than LH so can't LH look into the many alternative anti-bot techniques used by other retailers that aren't such a pain as this version of reCAPTCHA?