Does douching cause 'gas'?

Okay i know this a really gross question probably to ask. But I am a female, new to anal play and everything anal. Just ordered an anal douche as I want to be clean when trying. Was wondering will douching cause gas/flatuelence? as it is passing water through, or does it have the opposite effect and clear everything?

When you use it you will feel the urge to go, and sometimes it feels like if youre desperate for the loo! There could be gas, as well as water and faecal matter. It can be a bit like a sudden bout of an upset stomach, but it clears and leaves you clean.

I think if you do it often you get better at it, but for a start its easy for air to be pumped in as well as water. Ove never noticed any problem once ive left the bathroom though so it wont fill you full of gas that will come out during play,

Oh okay thank you, and douching doesn't cause any long term problems? I know they say not to do it often, but even if it do it now and then for anal play is it safe?

berrynice wrote:

Oh okay thank you, and douching doesn't cause any long term problems? I know they say not to do it often, but even if it do it now and then for anal play is it safe?

You certainly should never douche vaginally, as it upsets the natural pH and bacteria levels. However, anal douching every now and then should not cause any problems ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

Berrynice I was wondering that myself. Never done it but always been curious if it caused any problems. Been getting more into anal play recently and thinking about doucheing.

Also another question:

When douching do you insert the whole thing or just slightly?

Ahh total noob here to it all. Thank you for responses.

berrynice wrote:

Also another question:

When douching do you insert the whole thing or just slightly?

Ahh total noob here to it all. Thank you for responses.

I only insert a small bit of it because i find it quite a clinical thing to do and even with lube i sometimes find it uncomfortable putting something up there when im not aroused! Ive never had any problems just using the tip.

just insert the tip. Remember with douching your goal is to just clean out the rectum for 'regular' anal play.

If youre looking to have a more intense clean then look at an enema kit which goe deeper.

Personally, I have only ever used a douche bulb, just inserted the tip and found it to do a very good job - and this is coming from a regular anal player

@JM88 - how many hours before anal play should you do it?

I've just ordered a douche and you are asking all the same questions as I was going to, so thank you!

I will add, done properly douching does not produce gas. However, if you don't 'prime' your douche then you will be pumping air into your bum - and that's gotta come out sometime.

As for when - don't eat for at least 3 hours before douching and douche probably 30 mins before play just to ensure you have expelled all the water before play begins. In time you'll learn what's best for you and we are all different.

Don't douche too frequently as there are also good bacteria in your rectum and as PP said you don't want to upset the natural balance.
Also, be aware that the very act of anal play will cause extra air to be pumped into your bum too - pffft

Very helpful Sum Sub thank you :)

I find a way to prepare is after douching, pop in a comfortable plug and jump in the shower.

Usually douche about 30 mins prior to any sort of play and by keeping the plug in helps get more relaxed and prepared for other toys.

Anal play can be very hit and miss from time to time so listen to your body. Remember it's notnalways like it is in the movies!

I don't like douching. At risk of sounding disgusting, I always feel like there's still water left behind inside and it does make me really gassy.

i always douche before anal play , makes sure that theres nothing left in there ,,,,,and as for gas , iv'e not experienced that ....just make sure you force out the water from inside your ass before penetration !

It sounds as if you arn't filling the bulb properly. When you put the bulb into the water to draw it up into the bulb, you then need to hold it upright and slowly squeze untill the liquid is just starting to come out that will remove all the air. Now whilst holding the bulb depresed put the tip back into the liquid and release, that will then fill the bulb completly without any air.

I think that what you've been doing is leaving air in the bulb so when you hold it upright you've injected air in. You won't get gas from water.

Don't use water from a hot water tank, You would'nt want to drink it, that's for sure.

Hope this helps.

Enjoy. x