Does reading these threads ever turn you on?

Khal wrote:

Just my second thread so please be gentle with me;-)

Does reading these threads on this forum ever turn you on? I mean sopme of the things being said on here is quite racy to say the least! Just a thought??

Heck yes! Maybe I'm just a hopeless romantic (sounds better than sex-fiend) but it's remembering past encounters with my missus that do it for me.

Quite rightly said Avrielle_Aniko but not quite right, my dear!

You cannot prevent other users from being turned on by reading the posts here or even 'doing it right now' while typing. It is their choice and I cannot see how this may affect me in the slightest. Good for them, I would say, it's none of my business.

I personally do not get turned on, but might do so if I was to visit the erotic secion novels or whatever it is called more often. For now, I see what I can learn by reading other members' views and also try to help wherever I can!!

All the best to all!

Jo wrote:

You cannot prevent other users from being turned on by reading the posts here or even 'doing it right now' while typing. It is their choice and I cannot see how this may affect me in the slightest. Good for them, I would say, it's none of my business.

This is why I stopped posting anything pertaining to my sexual experiences and why I will never use a picture of myself. Once upon a time I might have, but not with some of the comments I've seen.

I'm naturally quite open, but I prefer to choose the context for that. Some forum users have made it very clear they will quite freely change the context to suit themselves. Since I have no control over that, I limit what I can control, my own behaviour on the forum.

IMO, that's unfortunate. There must be hundreds, if not thousands or tens of thousands, of internet sites whose primary purpose is arousal. Those of us who want to seek and offer advice etc don't crash those sites. Why can't the distinction be respected in the other direction as well?

It's that lack of respect for others by a few which makes me uncomfortable. A person who doesn't have a decent level of respect for other people's wishes and boundaries just isn't someone I'm ever going to be comfortable sharing something as valuable as my sexuality with.

I'm with rose hip and Avrielle_Aniko on this. To me, this forum is for discussion and idea exchange, not getting horny. I grew up in an environment that was fairly free and easy when it came to talking about sex, though, so maybe it not being 'taboo' helps take the heat off.

I do, however, understand that one thing can be different things to different people. It's near impossible to have a site like this, without some people getting turned on by the content. Even a few years ago, when the forum was smaller and had a less extensive group of regs, there were still a few people who were clearly here for different reasons than I. I find it a little unfortunate (and yes, I get really quite squicked out by people saying they're masturbating whilst on this forum), but I'd rather have the forum with it, than no forum at all.

But, then again, I don't entirely find a lot of the games threads appropriate for here either, so maybe I'm just a killjoy.

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

But it was very strict and we had no off topic chatter there. The head of the forum was the strictest Aussie I have ever met, pretty sure she could make a fortune being a proffessional Domme! And since moving over here, (to Lovehoney) it has been much more relaxed, and it did kinda make me feel more at home instead of constantly fighting the barrage of forum abusers from getting in. This forum doesn't get anywhere near as much abusing trafffic as the other one. It's nice, to be honest. But I still get stuck in my ways about one word threads and stuff.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I think lots of the off-topic threads are fine this is a community after all, and friends like to chat about more than one subject. I think the free and easy atmosphere on here is part of what makes it accessible to people, and that can only be a good thing. It's just since we were pointing fingers at the (literal) wankers, I couldn't help but muse upon how there must be better places for people who spend over 90% of their time playing non-sex related games on here, as well. Fair's fair, after all. Getting the balance right on a forum like this is clearly not easy.

the person that started this thread ,oviously does get turn on ,personlly i dont.

generally every person i chat to here is fun. There must be something thats sparks us here or we would not use this site in the first place

I tend to agree with everyone, But at the end of the day we are on here buying toys and talking about sex in some form, so its natural for people to get turned on, but I personally don't mind it as to see if others feel the same and is a normal thing to think of.

We are community if I say there something wrong with me and I am not normal then others might say we all do it at some point! your normal It gives that sense of acceptance.

I admit I get turned by some trends a profile pictures! but If started harassing that member then its clearly a "problem" and will not be accepted on here at all! :) but getting turned on and keeping to myself is not!

You are normal Alwayssingle:(, don't wory mate!

But it's not normal to be always single :)

the person that started this thread ,oviously does get turn on))))))

What makes you say that Cardy boy??? Just because one startes a thread about something that dosent mean one indulges in that fact?

Each to there own is what I say,as long as ur not hurting anyone its fine by me

Must say though its good to here all these different things that people are saying,makes you kinda wonder....

Khal, you'd better be careful with your posts as you might inadvertently turn someone on!!!

What if someone started jacking off while reading your post? Please consider that 'each to their own', some here are easily aroused by the slightest movement of air...or letter...

[Pun intented, lol]

I enjoy the threads on here, I had never joined a community on line before so it was all new to me but I do find it helpful. From peoples comments or threads I have made friends for private chat which can be more racy if you want it to be, often even that is not.

In principle if someone is overstepping the mark looking back over previous posts the mood of the group will dictate if that person is ignored or gets a response. If we were all the same this would be a very boring community, now I am off to ......... (fill in the blank!)