Does your OH come home smelling of their Job ?

Here, I am not talking about Body Odour or anything like that.

Let me explain ;

The confectioners my Mrs works for have started a new line since December of producing pork pies.

This is becasue the owner has a chain of shops in the Manchester area and most of the produce is used for stocking the shop chain.

Fine, I don't have a problem with that. But , However when my Mrs comes home stinking of pork pies then It kinda gets annoying . The smell gets engrained into her clothes ,skin and hair and the only thing that finds this attractive are the dogs next door ( I kid you not)!. Even after showering she still has that aroma .whilst it hasn't put me off sex as such it does stop those "as soon as you get through the front door quickies"

So I am just wondering if any of you guys and gals are in the same boat as me .

Yuck !

Mines worked in a fish factory at one point......nuf said!!!!💗xx

slinky binky wrote:

I bet you had all the neighbourhood cats outside your house then ! lol ![](upload://l9s9e23YKLHpoOzgGVeUkhZGcEr.gif)

Haha yeap! Throw him in the shower as soon as he gets in but I can always join him after 5 mins 😜

Once had a girlfriend who I thought would be the one. I had admired her from afar for months. When she let it be known shed love to go out with men I thought my life was going to be complete.

Her families business was fish and I was to young and to shy to tell her no matter how hard she tried showering and bathing she was unable to shift it. Instead of trying to talk to her about maybe changing her job. I just told her we were not working out.

I've always felt bad about this as in every other aspect she was perfect to me. I met a mural friend a few years later she told me that it had upset her friend so much as she knew it was something I would not tell her. She was upset at our parting for months.

Working in LUSH does have it's advantages... the Mr has never complained about me smelling when I get home!

I used to work in a small dairy long hot shifts. Stale milk is not good lol.

DavidB1986 wrote:

Working in LUSH does have it's advantages... the Mr has never complained about me smelling when I get home!

So jealous! 

My OH works for an eco drainage company and he usally gets treats offered to him for the work he does (food mainly as it's a lot of food based places he goes too) BUT the other day he came back with a box LUSH treats for me. I adore the happy happy joy joy! 

Anyways sorry read LUSH and got excited! 

MY OH doesn't, thankfully (see abive lol) He has super protective gear etc etc.

Fortunatley my OH doesn't have a smelly job. Maintinence manager so occasionally dusty, dirty and a bit smelly, but he doesn't get too dirty now a days.

Im a HCA and my new job is much cleaner, than it use to be. I'm sure in the past you could smell death on me when I came home some days, and the smell of fungating wounds, that smell sticks. But I ALWAYS get streight in the shower, uniform in the wash as soon as I get home. I want to wash all the hospital germs off ASAP.

A long time ago when I was at uni one of my jobs was in a flavour room of a chicken factory, and yes the smell of garlic chicken does get ingrained, even when your clothes are boil washed every time. Can you imagine getting dressed and putting on your clean freshly washed bra that smells of garlic? Horrid. I had specific outfits, right down to bra and knickers that I wore for work, and they were washed and stored separately. When I left I binned the lot.

I must admit though I do love the smell of sawdust on a man, I find it quite a turn on. That and fresh bread. So a part time lumberjack that loves baking fresh bread, would be my idea of heaven. 😉

Maintenance manager here so sometimes come home dirty and smelling of oil. I don't think the wife minds. She says it's a manly smell. On the odd occasion before we had kids she took advantage of me whilst in my overalls.

Fun Louise wrote:

Fortunatley my OH doesn't have a smelly job. Maintinence manager so occasionally dusty, dirty and a bit smelly, but he doesn't get too dirty now a days.

Im a HCA and my new job is much cleaner, than it use to be. I'm sure in the past you could smell death on me when I came home some days, and the smell of fungating wounds, that smell sticks. But I ALWAYS get streight in the shower, uniform in the wash as soon as I get home. I want to wash all the hospital germs off ASAP.

A long time ago when I was at uni one of my jobs was in a flavour room of a chicken factory, and yes the smell of garlic chicken does get ingrained, even when your clothes are boil washed every time. Can you imagine getting dressed and putting on your clean freshly washed bra that smells of garlic? Horrid. I had specific outfits, right down to bra and knickers that I wore for work, and they were washed and stored separately. When I left I binned the lot.

I must admit though I do love the smell of sawdust on a man, I find it quite a turn on. That and fresh bread. So a part time lumberjack that loves baking fresh bread, would be my idea of heaven. 😉

The wood bit isn't as daft as it sounds. Sandalwood After Shave has that wood smell. I quite like it but not had any now since the 80s .

My husband worked as a nurse so often came home with a medicinal odour, and sometimes vomity smells and other bodily fluids would linger even after he was out of scrubs and showered. There were never straight in the door quickies. Was something I got used to as he could have been in the local fishy like most of the town!

Mr kinkyboots smells of diesel sometimes but I happen to like it. His hands and fingernails are grubby so very often I will wrap my arms around him as he is washing them before grabbing him elsewhere 😁. It never turns into a quickie though as he is always gagging for a coffee and starving.

I love pork pie but I'm glad he doesn't come home smelling of them as it would make me crave them and they are way too many syns.

My husband Works in woodland maintainace. I wouldn't mind if he came back smelling of fresh air and nature, but no it is alway sweat and woodsmoke. He is always sent to the shower as soon as he gets through the door!

mysteron wrote:

slinky binky wrote:

I bet you had all the neighbourhood cats outside your house then ! lol

Oh my days it was awfull honestly. Looking back I'd make him undress at the door, grab the minging work gear and wash them n make him jump straight into the shower, no coffee, dinner or extras until that was done 😁 defiantly had to be done though. Not that the smell disappeared, gets right into the skin. Eeeww makes me feel queasy thinking about the routine. Lol 💗xx

My wife gets changed in to work clothes so she doesn't come home smelling of work.

Years ago I worked at a sausage factory. My job every day was to cook onions in butter in a huge cauldron. Not only did I stink of onions, the only way to get rid of it was to launder all my clothes in detol and chuck half a bottle of perfume in my bath water every night. ......But I found myself stiring my cauldron whilst getting evil thoughts and cackling loudly ! 😉 Lol xx

Terri JJ wrote:

Years ago I worked at a sausage factory. My job every day was to cook onions in butter in a huge cauldron. Not only did I stink of onions, the only way to get rid of it was to launder all my clothes in detol and chuck half a bottle of perfume in my bath water every night. ......But I found myself stiring my cauldron whilst getting evil thoughts and cackling loudly ! 😉 Lol xx

lol@sausage factory, oh the jokes I could have with that one

My OH is a gardener so often comes round smelling of grass clippings or bon fire which I like :)

I, on the other hand, just smell like Doc Johnson sex toys and latex most of the time! 

My wife often says I smell when I get back from work but she also quite likes it......... I work in a brewery and often come home from work smelling of beer![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)