Douches- why?

Allow me to be naive for a moment (it doesn't happen often anymore lol).

Anal douching- is it just squirting water up your bum? And why do people do it? (I'm guess hygene?)

Ooh, you innocent little flower

Yep to the water thing. It's a good idea if you like anal sex because it helps ensure things stay clean when you stick them in there. Brown and smelly is the ultimate turn off for most people where penetrative sex is involved after all. I like a good douche an hour or so before anal play to ensure the vibrators or dildos come out exactly the same as they went in. For a more thorough cleanse I sometimes use an enema, which involves more water and holding it inside you a while. It can also feel pleasant.

I have a friend who's ultra careful to keep everything clean when we have anal sex. They refrain from eating 24 hours beforehand to ensure an empty stomach, and then take a couple of enemas. We can keep going all night if we want, and we know it will all stay clean It's also important to make sure your rectum is empty if you intend putting large or bulky things in there. It's safer that way.

What makes you ask, are you thinking about trying?

Agreed, brown sticky smelly stuff is not what I need in the bed. Several flushes, everything clean, away you go.

Maybe other people like to be dirty.

Not something I've ever thought about. I don't really have any complaints/ have had any complaints about non-douched anal, and we do it often enough. Just curiosity really.

I can't imagine it being plesant. :s I may just be very naive though! lol

whilst we are on the subject can any of you suggest a good one - i really like the idea of using one but dont want to waste my money on something thats no good!!

Cheap works for me - http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=952, bit of lube and a few flushes.

Colonics feel quite pleasant in a weird kind of way. But I'm guessing douching feels quite different.

BBG wrote:

I have a friend who's ultra careful to keep everything clean when we have anal sex. They refrain from eating 24 hours beforehand to ensure an empty stomach, and then take a couple of enemas. We can keep going all night if we want, and we know it will all stay clean It's also important to make sure your rectum is empty if you intend putting large or bulky things in there. It's safer that way.

24 hours?! Really?! That seems an awful long time not to eat before having sex... I don't think I'd have the energy at that rate.

Although if I'd adopted that approach with my ex, I'd have lost a hell of a lot of weight... I wouldn't have been eating most days ;)

What I recommend is avoid cheap and buy an enema bag that you hang up. You don't need to keep filling them and they last. Suba Seal do the best (yep, the good old BRITISH company that makes hot water bottles!) Pity that Lovehoney don't sell them!

Private_member wrote:

Cheap works for me - http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=952, bit of lube and a few flushes.

I use the same one - not sure why the tip is 'glow in the dark' if you can see up there you have other problems! I find about 6 or 8 flushes of warm water with this works really well. Some silicone lube on the tip is handy as getting the tip into a squeeky-clean bum is not always easy!

eeek - not sure if I like the idea of shoving something up there that glows. Hope it isn't radioactive!

thankyou muchly i will be doing my investigations and when payday comes watch out!

BBG wrote:

What I recommend is avoid cheap and buy an enema bag that you hang up. You don't need to keep filling them and they last. Suba Seal do the best (yep, the good old BRITISH company that makes hot water bottles!) Pity that Lovehoney don't sell them!

I posted a suggestion for these on the product requests board btw. Lovehoney only seem to sell the bulb type enema kits at the moment and no fountain types at all. So here's hoping...

BBG wrote:

BBG wrote:

I posted a suggestion for these on the product requests board btw. Lovehoney only seem to sell the bulb type enema kits at the moment and no fountain types at all. So here's hoping...

A fountain of brown liquid, there is a pleasant thought.

Errrr - that's not quite the idea

BBG wrote:

Errrr - that's not quite the idea External Media

I realize that (External Media) but what is the attraction?

As Horny Pony pointed out, they can be quite pleasurable. Lots of people use them just for pleasure. Some also use them for health purposes.

Plus of course they make anal play cleaner and more pleasant. Many people are scared off even trying anal sex through worries about things getting messy - so douches and enema kits have a big role to play in removing those worries and allowing people to have more fun.

Have you got any links to kits BBG?

Or.. if you're in the typing mood, would you be able to whip up a quick FAQ/guide to enema kits?

I know that if you clean too high, you destroy/wash away the "friendly" bacteria (ecoli is friendly, yakult told us so!), so people use herbs/solutions to help. But.. thats about the extend of my knowledge!

I have in the past used the shower head flex pipe, means l am in the right place if things overtop if you get my drift, and also l can jiggle and twist as l run across the bathroom to dump my load in the toilet pan!!! Suprising the amount of stuff you can shift until you are presumably empty. Although did anyone see The Spa of Embarrassing Ilnesses programme where they were detoxing. After l can't remember quite how long they seemed to be shifting something akin to a licqurice curly whirly everytime they went to the pan- sorry to be mentioning this at t-time though campers !!

Tallboy

Exactly like Corsodyl in the mouth !!!

Oliber wrote:

Have you got any links to kits BBG?

Or.. if you're in the typing mood, would you be able to whip up a quick FAQ/guide to enema kits?

I know that if you clean too high, you destroy/wash away the "friendly" bacteria (ecoli is friendly, yakult told us so!), so people use herbs/solutions to help. But.. thats about the extend of my knowledge!