Doxy Massage Wand Help!

Hello.

Apologies if this has already been asked, I did have a rummage and couldn't find anything...

I currently have a Lelo massage wand (which I LOVE), but have had a couple of instances where the battery has gone flat on me half way through a fun session, and I'm not sure there is a more frustrating feeling than an inanimate object edging you!

So I'm thinking of adding a mains powered wand to my toy box as well, so I have different options.

I'm looking at the Doxy wands, and trying to work out of there's any difference between the standard wand and the die cast wand other than the material they're made of?

Any help, or suggestions of other great wands would be much appreciated!

I went straight for the doxy wand in pink. I do believe in you get what you pay for. The doxy promised to be powerful and its proved itself. Although I haven't tried any other wands to compare, I liked the fact the doxy comes in 4 colors to choose from.

Ive also bought the rabbit ears attachment and am in love with it!

SweetpeaAndSir wrote:

Hello.

Apologies if this has already been asked, I did have a rummage and couldn't find anything...

I currently have a Lelo massage wand (which I LOVE), but have had a couple of instances where the battery has gone flat on me half way through a fun session, and I'm not sure there is a more frustrating feeling than an inanimate object edging you!

So I'm thinking of adding a mains powered wand to my toy box as well, so I have different options.

I'm looking at the Doxy wands, and trying to work out of there's any difference between the standard wand and the die cast wand other than the material they're made of?

I don't own either but from what I read it's all aesthetics.. The original is apparently more powerful than the die cast as the vibrations seem to penetrate better. The die cast looks pretty and is great to set the scene in bdsm related environments as it looks the part. Personally, I shall be going for the original coz one vibrations are better and two I'm sure it's lighter to hold than its shiny sibling. Again. I don't own either but I hope that helps a bit x

Ive got both of them. I reviewed the die cast for Lovehoney, and also talked about how it compares to the original doxy on my blog, with a short video to try and visualise the differences. The details are in my bio if you want to look at the.

The diecast is a stunning piece of kit. If you need aesthetics and you want something that looks the part, you won't go wrong with it. I do love it, but if I had to choose just one, it would be the original!

The diecast is very heavy, the head is double weighted, and you can really feel that, which can be uncomfortable for tissue massage. I prefer the slight squish of the original's head.It's deep and rumbly, but not quite as deep as the original. The vibrations oddly stay more in one place near the surface, whereas with the original, they penetrate you deeply and get to places nothing else does.

The diecast is obviously cold in the hand when you start to use it too, and can get very slippy when lube is involved!

I have (and have reviewed) the doxy in purple. When I bought it I did consider the die cast but the general opinion seemed to be that whilst it is more aesthetically pleasing it is no more powerful. I can't fault the doxy. The power is great and we've used it so much but it still looks and feels brand new xx

Here's another comparative review of both versions:

http://dangerouslilly.com/2016/02/doxy-die-cast-review/

SquirtyPanda wrote:

I went straight for the doxy wand in pink. I do believe in you get what you pay for. The doxy promised to be powerful and its proved itself. Although I haven't tried any other wands to compare, I liked the fact the doxy comes in 4 colors to choose from.

Ive also bought the rabbit ears attachment and am in love with it!

I already have a Lelo wand, which is my all time favourite toy, but it works off a recharable battery.

Out of the mains powered ones, I'm with you SquirtyPanda on the whole choice of colour thing!

And attachments... I didn't even think about that! Thanks for the extra food for thought!

LittleSwitchBitch wrote:

SweetpeaAndSir wrote:

Hello.

I don't own either but from what I read it's all aesthetics.. The original is apparently more powerful than the die cast as the vibrations seem to penetrate better. The die cast looks pretty and is great to set the scene in bdsm related environments as it looks the part. Personally, I shall be going for the original coz one vibrations are better and two I'm sure it's lighter to hold than its shiny sibling. Again. I don't own either but I hope that helps a bit x

Hey LittleSwitchBitch... great point about the weight! So far, it looks like I'm leaning towards the orgianl one too xx

Foxxy wrote:

Ive got both of them.

The diecast is very heavy, the head is double weighted, and you can really feel that, which can be uncomfortable for tissue massage. I prefer the slight squish of the original's head.

It's deep and rumbly, but not quite as deep as the original. The vibrations oddly stay more in one place near the surface, whereas with the original, they penetrate you deeply and get to places nothing else does.

The diecast is obviously cold in the hand when you start to use it too, and can get very slippy when lube is involved!

We also have both of them and many of the points Foxxy makes we agree with, the devil is in the difference. TH OH likes the extra weight when playing alone as she finds it less prone to jumping off the spot at the wrong moment.

OH prefers the die casts head as the firmness enables her to pinpoint its attentions as it does not splurge when ground down on to in order to increase intensity. She likes the less rumbly vibrations of the diecast, just personal taste I suppose. She thinks on max speed the diecast delivers more intense sensation on her clit which for her is what she wants.

Either doxy is a fantastic thing, unless your a fan of big wands the diecast is a major investment though.

If you like rumble rather than zing and also like internal vibe use have a look at the Doxy skittle

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=34003

The G-spot bulb applied to the clit is an interesting sensation :-)

Foxxy wrote:

Ive got both of them. I reviewed the die cast for Lovehoney, and also talked about how it compares to the original doxy on my blog, with a short video to try and visualise the differences. The details are in my bio if you want to look at the.

The diecast is a stunning piece of kit. If you need aesthetics and you want something that looks the part, you won't go wrong with it. I do love it, but if I had to choose just one, it would be the original!

The diecast is very heavy, the head is double weighted, and you can really feel that, which can be uncomfortable for tissue massage. I prefer the slight squish of the original's head.It's deep and rumbly, but not quite as deep as the original. The vibrations oddly stay more in one place near the surface, whereas with the original, they penetrate you deeply and get to places nothing else does.

Foxxy thanks so much for this! I tracked down your review on your website too (great website btw), and it's really helped!

As long as my toys feel quality, I'm really not too fussed about that more serious BDSM look (if anything... the pink kinda appeals to me with the original).

I think the deal breaker for me is the head by the sounds of things. I sometimes find with my Lelo, which has a hard silicon head, that after a long play session, I can acutally feel a tad bruised around that area, so the squisher head on the original wand sounds tempting to me!

Thanks for all the input everyone.

I think I'm going to try out the original and see how I can on with it!

You've always got Lovehoneys awesome returns policy to fall back on, but I don't think you'll be disappointed :-)

Foxxy wrote:

You've always got Lovehoneys awesome returns policy to fall back on, but I don't think you'll be disappointed :-)

True that! It's probably the thing I rant and rave about the most on my blog. Gives you the confidence to buy more expensive products, knowing that if you don't like it, you can return it!

Just placed my order! It should be with me tomorrow fingers crossed!

SweetpeaAndSir wrote:

Foxxy wrote:

True that! It's probably the thing I rant and rave about the most on my blog. Gives you the confidence to buy more expensive products, knowing that if you don't like it, you can return it!

We'll see you next week then ! 😉 once you gets your hands on that I promise you're never going to want to put it down ! Lol x

Terri JJ wrote:

SweetpeaAndSir wrote:

Foxxy wrote:

We'll see you next week then ! 😉 once you gets your hands on that I promise you're never going to want to put it down ! Lol x

Hmm... perhaps I should starting thinking of excuses for work :P

I don't have the doxy. But I do have the LH black mains wand and I absolutely have fallen head over heels in love with it. It offers as much power as anyone would need at a lesser price than a doxy. But each to there own, I think the doxy is meant to have a bit more powe and a longer cable which is a plus. As far a the Lelo wands go however, I recently sent my medium back for a refund after about 10 months of owning it because of the same issue you had. I found myself charging it more than using it! The battery would either not hold its charge ready for next time or run out in use. So while it was still in the returns allowance time I though I would trade it in for a mains power one. BEST IDEA EVER!!!! I got a refund and replaced it with a cheaper and way better toy! Whatever brand you go for I think you'll really see the difference between mains power and Lelo. Good luck and like many many other enjoy!!!!

I should point out, my Lelo works perfectly. The only reason the batter goes flat is either because I forgot to charge it properly, or its used over a very very long session. Mines a year and a half old now, and I haven't seen any battery reduction, just a lack of organisation on my part!!

My Doxy arrived on Friday and has been used three times since... Whoops!

So far, so good! But I'll post a detailed review in a week or so once I've given in the complete run around!