Dressed to impress

Hopefully not too muxh of a random question but me and my wife were talking the other night why is there very little in the way of lingerie for men. Women have endless options to make themselves look sexy for their partner but meen have virtually nothing bar some variation of questionable leopard spotted thong which is far from sexy.

5 Likes

What sort of thing are you looking for? I agree that generally the selection of Menā€™s underwear is limited to either cheese thongs (like the leopard print one you mention - not that there is anything wrong with that, if you like it - you do you) or some variation of a pair of boxersā€¦ but there are more options out there. I do think that Lovehoneyā€™s selection is a lot more varied than some places, and I do own a few pairs myself and find them to quite alluring.

These are quite fun because the way the front unzips; and the tight wet look material enhances the buttocks and the bulge.

This pair allow me to show some of the goods off, without giving it all away. Paired with a pair of sheer leggings allow me to feel covered but also show off a little.

I also like these but they are OOS at the moment.

I think these are all quite sexy in their own way.

1 Like

As the zztop song goes ā€œevery girlā€™s crazy bout a sharp dressed manā€
A few female friends have said a guy in a sharp suit is to a woman what a woman in lingerie is to men if you get my drift.

4 Likes

I see what your saying so actually dressing up rather thsn dressing down would be more on turning to women. My only thought with that is when you girls come out of the bathroom or wherever wearing your crotchless bodystocking ect we men know exactly whats coming. Whereas if i randomly went and got dressed upp all smart my wife would probably kick off wondering where im off out to :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I do admit i like the first pair but they could only be eorn in certain situations where s bit of kink is required. No.2 is ok no.3 is a bit femanine for me.donā€™t get me wrong each to their own taste but for me thst would be like wearing my wifes knickers something i really dontcthink shed find attractive.

Ahh yes the corny leopard print for mens underwear :sweat_smile: very questionable at the best of times and only seems to suit guys of a certain type of physique.

I do think it could be in the best interests from reading other posts for LH to revamp and expand on their male lingerie/underwear collections to cater for all body types and kinks.

2 Likes

While thereā€™s plenty of personal preference involved, my wife is squarely in the ā€œput on a sharp suit or tight jeans with no shirt and Iā€™m a gonerā€ camp. Iā€™m a fan of a bit more wet-look/BDSM harnesses to wear to get in a mood, but she can take or leave the fetish-wear unless thatā€™s really the play sheā€™s going for.

Iā€™m sure thereā€™s a lot of cultural influences on the construct of what we find sexy or is available in the market. According the E. M. Benes, an associate of the great 20th century philosopher J. Seinfeld, ā€œThe female body is a work of art. The male body is utilitarian. Itā€™s for gettinā€™ around. Itā€™s like a jeep.ā€ Ergo, the female body is built for adornment and appreciation in all states of dress or undress, whereas one who takes in the male form knows itā€™s strictly for getting the job done with as little fuss as possible.

That said - Iā€™d love to see a few more menā€™s body-harnesses and maybe some silky options.

ETA: just a note follow-up on how these constructs are of course heavily dependent on certain binary assumptions around gender and sex expression and there are many in the forum that reject such confines. And I may double-check my measurements and see if there are any body harnesses outside of the menā€™s section that would be a good fit for meā€¦ I have no idea how to convert my menā€™s measurements to the lingerie size charts, so maybe a Google is in orderā€¦

For me when my sexual partner wears his fitted white boxers that he bought for me, theyā€™re his ā€˜lingerieā€™. Normally when his clothes come off everything comes off including his looser boxers. His ā€˜lingerieā€™ stays on when we wears it.

A pair of white boxers is what attracted me to his fab profile but it was an old pic and he said the boxers were more grey than white now so he bought new ones. They make me happy every time I see them, usually special occasions.

1 Like

@AJSTAR I agree.

I definitely think thereā€™s room for more kinky menā€™s wear on the Lovehoney site.

Mr has been stealing my things; stockings, suspenders, lace panties, basques - heā€™d even wear my heels if he could fit them on :joy:

But the problem is, they donā€™t fit him too well. The panties donā€™t hold his large sack, and he stretches and rips all my stockings :imp:

So if they made some items like this, tailored to the boarder body and the taller legs of a guy - then this could be a really good idea and I think would interest quite a few people on this forum.

Anyone agree? X

4 Likes

See this would.not wwork for me i dont think id be comfortable wearing ladies stockings and underwear not to mention my wife is attracted to a mans man figure i would have her in hysterical laughter rather than sexual desire :joy::joy::joy:

If your into something a little kinky there are more options. I always think harnesses, decorative shibari and collars look amazing on.

If you want something a but more day to day, something as simple as jeans and a white shirt can work really well. Tuck the shirt in, leave more buttons than seems necessary open and then roll the sleeves up to a bit above or below the elbow.

But It is odd that getting nice options lingerie wise for guys seems so difficult. Maybe lovehoney need to stock some satin boxers or something. Theyve been doing some great stretchy harnesses recently and i think some mens versions would sell well too

Ah, Here it is. Knew weā€™d had a previous thread about this. Might find some good tips in there too :+1:

Have you actually asked her what she would find sexy on you? You could even then browse for underwear together. That can function as a nice little bit of foreplay as you pick things out and talk about them and imagine what they would look like!

1 Like

@MrsmrB what exactly would you like to see? If youā€™ve seen some you really like elsewhere pop a link in the Pander to me! ā€¦ PRODUCTS ONLY thread. That does get monitored and suggestions passed onto the buyers at Lovehoney but as has been mentioned above I think there is a larger range here than most other places.

Are there specific pieces of womenā€™s lingerie on Lovehoney that youā€™d like to be cut to fit the male body? If so, please guys, say so.

I think it mainly comes down to what will sell. Womenā€™s lingerie is extremely popular and there is a large market for it. Menā€™s far less so, if the demand is there retailers will stock it but it does have to be driven by the market.

I donā€™t know if itā€™s just the way society has brought me up or if it is genuine personal preference but Iā€™m afraid Iā€™m another that finds my OH way sexier in either black tie or topless in jeans than in lingerie. I think whatever you feel most confident and most alluring in is the way to go but the more specific you can be the more likely it will be something that can happen.

3 Likes

Haha can only imagine how many stockings you much get through each month :sweat_smile:

Yes I totally agree and in a business perspective itā€™d surely set LH ahead of the market for mens lingerie as no other sites really cater for this either and from what Iā€™ve gathered by reading on the forum, thereā€™s a wide percentage of men who are really into this!

1 Like

@MrsmrB What do you picture when you think of lingerie for men?

I get what youā€™re saying about dressing in a suit, but instead of a suit do you have a pair of jeans that your partner particularly likes that you could put on instead?

I had a ā€˜friendā€™ years ago who liked to wear womens lingerie and didnā€™t want ā€˜womensā€™ lingerie that was cut for men as it changed the appeal because then it was mens.

@Green_Eyed_Girl i can vouch for the jeans and shirt thing,MANY years ago me and my ex wife were going out for the night (party i think but not sure) but the only smart trousers i had were black so i was in a bit of a dilemma as what to wear so being a typical bloke I just thought sod it and put on a pair of 501ā€™s and a white shirt, tucked it in,rolled the sleeves up (standard for me) and left the top 2 buttons undone.
The effect it had was very unexpected as my then wife kept looking at me like she wanted to eat me and couldnā€™t keep her hands off me(something about my thick forearms, broad shoulders and peachy arse in 501ā€™s apparently!) It literally drove her wild with desire, and hereā€™s me thinking itā€™s just a shirt and jeans!!!

3 Likes

Ohhhhh no @pootle

A blokes ass in a pair of 501ā€™s with a white shirt rolled up sleeves buttons undone is the ultimate for me tooā€¦

:crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

3 Likes

@CurvyJilly at least I did something right once :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Quick question does footwear matter or donā€™t you girlā€™s look that far down?:thinking::rofl::wink:

For me yes simple shoes (not trainers or slip on canvas pumps) with jeans and a shirtā€¦

Hi jocat i really dont have aanything in mind in terms of mens lingerie, i was just curious for ideas of what other people have tried and liked hence the post. Me donning womens clothing is a no go as neither me or my wife find it attractive the only ttime ive worn her lingerie is for a bit of fun nothing sexual. The.only item of xlothing i own is a silky black pair of pants with the elephants trunk which she quite likes. Somebody else suggested actually dressing up smart instead of dressing down which im going to try. I suppose i dind it difficult as womens bodies are beautiful you have a lot of assets too show off and seem to look good in anything whereas men dont have the same alure.

1 Like