Enema advice needed

Ok what I am wondering is with this does the water just go in by its self using gravity or would you need to squeeze the bag to get the water flowing? I assume you would need to squeeze it when the tube is up there in the same way you need to with a duche.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=22321

As it says 'Steam' I'm guessing that if you were to squeeze the bottle you'd shoot quite hot water up your ass? I'm guessing as i've never tried an enema but have always been curious.

I had no intention of using it with hot water lol will be buying one on friday so will have review up by next week hopefully

crag630 wrote:

I had no intention of using it with hot water lol will be buying one on friday so will have review up by next week hopefully

thank heavens for that! I did worry I be waiting for your review and see if i fancy a go.

I normally just use cold water straight from the tap when using a douche had an accident once using warm water that was a little to warm never taken the risk again.

Stream, not steam! Important typo, that!

Gravity, mainly, although you can give it a wee squeeze to help it along. Remember, you're pretty much feeding it into a big, empty(-ish) space, so there's not really much resistance. Obviously you're better off squatting, leaning, or lying instead of standing up to avoid the 'backwash' pressure building with gravity and pushing it all out early.

BashfulBabe wrote:

Gravity, mainly, although you can give it a wee squeeze to help it along. Remember, you're pretty much feeding it into a big, empty(-ish) space, so there's not really much resistance. Obviously you're better off squatting, leaning, or lying instead of standing up to avoid the 'backwash' pressure building with gravity and pushing it all out early.

Thanks thought as much.

BashfulBabe wrote:

LMAO! oops! Lesson learnt to read slower

When using the StreamMaster shower douche kit.. we have the bag above headheight (probably 7ft up) and sit on the side of the bath so have about 3ft difference. If you are lying down, you'll probably need the bag to be at least a foot above you to ensure you gravity can do what it does! (whatever that really is..)

Working out the right distance between bag and bum is what you need to do! Squeezing the bag could push extra air in, which often isn't comfortable if it gets too far.

Got it so its basically a case of making sure its up high enough thanks everyone

Monkeyboy32 wrote:

crag630 wrote:

thank heavens for that! I did worry I be waiting for your review and see if i fancy a go.

Just finished reviewing should be up tommorow

Create a private space either in a spacious bathroom or on a well draped floor or bed, Insure no interruptions; turn off the phone, light candles, burn incense, lock the cat out, etc. Usually the best time for taking an enema is before going to bed, so you can take advantage of the relaxed hydrated state of the body. .

Fill an enema bag with approximately 2 quarts of filtered, or good quality water, The water should be warm but not hot - test on the back of yoy hand.. Hang the enema bag 16" (yes, one foot, four inches), above the rectum or drape over raised knees, (if laying on your back). Some like the warmth of the bottle on their abdomen prior to and even during the procedure. Lubricate an enema tip generously with water soluble KY-Jelly I personally like to use either a Pezer colon tube or an inflatable nozzle. Insert lubricated enema tip into the rectum and allow water to gently flow into the colon, (taking about 15 minutes for the complete fill). If "gripping" (pain) occurs, clamp off the water flow and wait for the sensation to quiet, before resuming.

A slow-fill will permit more warm water to enter the colon and stay there longer without discomfort. Colon spasms can be caused by a fast-fill, with the bag hung too high, or water temperature either too hot or too cool. A few degrees inside the colon does make a big difference. Gentle counter-clockwise abdominal massage moves water deeper into the colon, HOWEVER, THIS MAY CAUSE A NEED TO EVACUATE; if so release into the toilet. This is not a contest, so don't worry about getting enough water, or all the 2 quarts of water in at the same time. You can always start another fill. This type of HOLDING enema, is useful to clean out approximately the last 16-18 inches of the colon and to hydrate the body. It can be done in: 1) in a knee-chest position with buttock in the air, 2) in left lateral side position or, 3) on the back with knees up and together, feet apart, (my preference). Sitting on the toilet while taking an enema can be uncomfortable because it may put too much pressure on the reflex to defecate. However, it is an option, especially for those not so agile at jumping up and getting to the toilet. Some don't mind the assistance of another to help with the mechanics of the procedure.

Cleanup should be minimal. Disposable latex gloves are nice to have on hand for this. Rinse the enema bag and tip with a 10% solution of bleach in case any backflow occurred. Some like to pour boiling water over the enema tip itself. Hang the bag to dry so no mould grows in it. Don't use it for douching and do NOT share your enema bag with your best friend, no matter how close you are.

Thanks thurdays child great and very informative post. I now realise I have been doing this rather wrong I had been just letting it go full flow assuming that was what was meant to be done. This led to overflow issues sometimes where it water started coming out withlut me being able to stop it.

Before I had thought that the slower flow was not actually getting anything in.

You mentioned two quarts of water may I ask what that is in other measurments like pints or litres?

Ok acordding to the web a quart is 2 pints should I trust that?

great post Thursday's child.

Yep crag - it's short for quarter-gallon (American gallon)

Just tried it and well my enema bag could only hold about 3 pints and a bit. It worked fine and as for rubbing my stomach to get it further up that helped a lot when I was about to overflow thankfully without causing afore mentioned need to go running for the toilet.

Wondering though is it normal to have a lot of gas coming out near the end? I assume air got up there some how. Though this normally happens when douching as well so I assume its normal.

Has to be said as well it's much faster and better than the douche I own.

Thanks again Thursday's child and CurlyCoupleWife.

All good information in the foregoing. May I ask you why want to enema? Is it for the pleasure of feeling full and then letting go, for health reasons, or because you want to have anal sex?

I fall primarily in the latter category and instead of the two quart bag method I use something called a shower shot. The one I use is 18 inches long and is made of neoprene. A shower shot can be connected to a shower hose, but in my case I have it connected up to a Gardena garden spray, which I pump up to provide the necessary pressure. The latter method offers the advantage that you can add things to the enema liquid (I sometimes add yoghurt or skim milk), you can control the temperature of the water, and the trigger valve on the spray hose allows you to control the speed of flow. The spray holds 5 litres of water (almost pints).

The advantage of a shower shot is that with a little practice and patience you can cause the water to flow directly into the lower colon rather than first filling up the rectum and then allowing it to spill over into the colon. I usually flush three times with this set up before indulging in anal play.

I'm pleased that my post was of help. I was shown how to do this many years ago by a lovely lady in South Africa. Why do I do them - first because they keep my sinus clear and second, equally important, for the pleasure of feeling full and then letting go!

Take care now

Hello, May I suggest, if you are curious about enemas, and colonics, you have a look at Kristina Amelong’s web site http://www.optimalhealthnetwork.com/. Kristina sells a wide range of enema equipment and has also produced two excellent, and tastefu,l DVDs showing clearly how to do it. A fun website on this subject, and aligned themes, is http://www.zity.biz/ So a few other thoughts. First – why do I do them? Frankly because I love them. They make me feel great and it is amazing how much stress comes out of your bottom when you do one at the end of a difficult day! I also have to admit that having a nice lady take control your most basic function is exquisite. This all started when I was twelve, but that is another story! Second – recipes? I tend to keep clear of the traditional soap (Dove) and water as I don’t wish to give myself colitis. I usually just add a little salt and a few drops of, organic, lavender or peppermint oil. My wonderful colon therapist provides me with herbs so for a special treat I’ll do a water wash followed by a herbal soak. I’ve tried adding spirunella, really moved things but made a horrible mess in my bag. I hope this helps. Take care now