equality in the bedroom

I think that if you expect your other half to dress up in the bedroom then you should to. There should be more things that woman would like to see their other half in. Some of the lacy underwear for men is'nt that appealing to me as a man or to my wife.

Lingerie for men is a tricky thing, we have looked in the past for something for me but as you say nothing on offer is tempting us, but the range seems to be expanding so who knows!

I'm not sure why as a society we feel everything must be on the good old equality bandwagon, to be honest. Personally, there is very little attraction to the male underwear side of it for me. It does nothing for me. Besides, EXPECTING it from anyone - male or female - is a huge no no anyway. If my partner expected it from me, he'd be sorely disappointed. I dress up because I enjoy it, I love feeling 'sexy' for him and yeah he loves it too but I don't feel the need for him to crack out some matching crotchless/arseless undies in the name of equality that's for sure. I think it'd make me laugh more than anything else. Expectations ruin sexual happiness in my opinion.

To be honest, I don't think you should "expect" anything from your other half. If my girlfriend wants to dress up for me, fantastic! If she wants to give me oral fantastic! But I don't EXPECT her to do these things. I want her to do what she enjoys doing as well and vice versa, she shouldn't expect me to do anything I don't like either.

EDIT:

LittleLuce wrote:

I'm not sure why as a society we feel everything must be on the good old equality bandwagon, to be honest. Personally, there is very little attraction to the male underwear side of it for me. It does nothing for me. Besides, EXPECTING it from anyone - male or female - is a huge no no anyway. If my partner expected it from me, he'd be sorely disappointed. I dress up because I enjoy it, I love feeling 'sexy' for him and yeah he loves it too but I don't feel the need for him to crack out some marching crotchless/arseless undies that's for sure. I think it'd make me laugh more than anything else. Expectations ruin sexual happiness in my opinion.

You got in there before me! THIS. +1

I'm with LittleLuce I dress up because I love it not because someone thinks I should. Personally a man in lingerie wouldnt do anything for me, but shirtless and a pair of jeans and I'd be ready to pounce on him. Weirdly now that I think of it, shirtless and a pair of jeans is probably a look I admire most on myself too so I guess I'm already there with the whole equality dress code :L

Im with you lot, I put sexy undies on for me just as much as for my bf... I could be wearing normal cotton knickers n he'd still want me for me!

Im the same i can say I find male lingerie that much of a turn on, as u say echo him shirtles in jean in sexy ... or just in his trackies is sexy.... if my bf gets in bed in just his everyday boxers it doesnt make any difference I want him whatever .....

I love dressing up in lingerie, mostly because I don't have much body confidence and it makes me feel a bit sexier. If my partner likes it - well then that's a bonus ;)

I wouldn't ever expect him to dress up just because I do, our relationship doesn't work like that. Why do something just to get something else in return? That's not how I roll :)

I do agree with you though that the male lingerie on this site is just... Eurgh. Not sexy at all for us, but I guess that's personal taste.

Boogaloo wrote:

I love dressing up in lingerie, mostly because I don't have much body confidence and it makes me feel a bit sexier. If my partner likes it - well then that's a bonus ;)

I wouldn't ever expect him to dress up just because I do, our relationship doesn't work like that. Why do something just to get something else in return? That's not how I roll :)

I do agree with you though that the male lingerie on this site is just... Eurgh. Not sexy at all for us, but I guess that's personal taste.

Your spot on Boogaloo, I like to wear nice underwear but for me as much as my OH. I feel more confident in it. My OH isn't into dressing up, if you saw him you would know what I mean he is 6'6" tall and 25stone so not the sort of man to be seen in lace undies!

I find my OH sexy in just his skin.

I don't know if my wife is typical but she prefers me either naked or near naked anyway when in the bedroom . I do have some silk boxer shorts that she quite likes but I do like the feel of her silk and satin nighties/badydolls/chemises against my skin when we are curled up togther .

So if my wife is typical then bringing out a male lingerie range in her eyes would be a waste of time .

id just be happy to see him in his nice shirt and trousers occasionally. Now that would make me rip his clothes off!

Unless you are into bondage gear etc as a couple then there really isn't a lot I agree. My wife though does love me in a well tailored suit so I know when i do wear one then things are possible. I could just unzip myself and know she'd love to go down on me. The other thing she likes is me in just some black heavy steel toe cap work boots with a hard on, that works for her.

kc. wrote:

Unless you are into bondage gear etc as a couple then there really isn't a lot I agree. My wife though does love me in a well tailored suit so I know when i do wear one then things are possible. I could just unzip myself and know she'd love to go down on me. The other thing she likes is me in just some black heavy steel toe cap work boots with a hard on, that works for her.

Is that as it reads or is "hard on" a typo for hard hat ? Which would make more sense as some sort of building site roleplay ?

My hubby just wears normal boxers and isn't into wearing what he terms as "fancy pants " but that's fine by me .
I like to wear sexy undies because they make me feel sexy ,I'm under no pressure from my OH he's happy with me wearing nothing at all!
I quite like him to wear a shirt though ,there's something about undoing the buttons and running my hands over his chest that I find exciting :)

LittleLuce wrote:

I'm not sure why as a society we feel everything must be on the good old equality bandwagon, to be honest. Personally, there is very little attraction to the male underwear side of it for me. It does nothing for me. Besides, EXPECTING it from anyone - male or female - is a huge no no anyway. If my partner expected it from me, he'd be sorely disappointed. I dress up because I enjoy it, I love feeling 'sexy' for him and yeah he loves it too but I don't feel the need for him to crack out some matching crotchless/arseless undies in the name of equality that's for sure. I think it'd make me laugh more than anything else. Expectations ruin sexual happiness in my opinion.

+ 1. Tbh mal underwear just doesn't interest me. Boxers or boxer briefs in plain colours look good to me but thongs, latex, lace, speedo type things and novelty designs/bright colours just remind me of Borat and I don't find them the slightest bit sexy. Boring FTW!

As for me, I dress up because I enjoy it. Expectation ruins fun and spontanaiety. 

Both me and the OH really don't care what the other is wearing, sometimes when I open the door (we don't live together and he always knocks) I'll be in normal clothes and other times I'll be in stockings and suspenders with a mesh baby doll over the top and he loves it either way!

However I must admit I like him wearing a pair of shorts that he has because it means that I can stroke him without battling with his jeans buttons! Fortunately he loves it as well 😃

im not sure there is much for "man-gerie" and agree with what most say in that none of it appeals to most.

I love it when the OH dresses up for me, but i dont ask her to or pressure her into it. She likes to do it and does it when she wants to. She does know that if she dresses up i will stop what im doing to ravage her, and thats fine as she is sometimes shy of starting things off.

On the flipside, sometimes she asks me to wear some of her underwear, and thats really fine too as it turns her on, and to be fair i really dont mind it at all.

I love to dress up, but I'd much rather he was naked ;) lol

I like wearing nice underwear for me, the fact that my boyfriend likes it is just a bonus, I do dress up for my boyfriend sometimes but every single time i've chosen to, I'd hate to feel like it was expected of me. And as for men dressing up i've never given it much thought, I like my boyfriend in a suit but that's pretty much it

I like to make an effort,nice tight trunks in a soft touch material,showered,shaved,clean flossed teeth for decent breath,nice EDT/cologne etc I think making an effort works both ways!