Faux Suspenders

Is it just me or is this sunny weather and the currently popular faux suspender tights an amazing combination?

Not keen. Its the the real thing or nothing!

I have a feeling I'd love those fake suspenders... If I could get away with them. Highly irritating.

what's the point of them? not a fan myself really.

its like trying to be sexy but in a conservative manner which is tbh ineffective!

I have some of these and whilst I quite like them, the suspender bit is a bit long so they end up just above my knees which is not a sexy look, haha!

Good solution on hot days tho....

sxe_couple21 wrote:

Is it just me or is this sunny weather and the currently popular faux suspender tights an amazing combination?

I have seen quite a few! Im not a big fan personally but I think they look amazing on some. One person was wearing short denim erm shorts with those opaque stocking tights.. Looked great.

Im not keen. The real thing is far more sexy.

I like the real thing a lot more, too... It feels so elegant. I may give the faux ones a try once, though, if only for the convenience. It feels like cheating, though. XD

never tried these, I have worn stockings and suspenders since 15 due to my legs being longer than most. I've wondered if these would be better than tights, plus size tights are too baggy and as i have long legs normal tights never fit right.

I would like to give them a go, but for the price don't think they are for me.

I do love the way suspenders rub against my thighs though while running or walking.... just below knee high stockings are great as well - though some mid thigh length go just below or above the thigh on me too.

theese things Avrielle http://www.newlook.com/shop/womens/tights-and-socks/house-of-holland-suspender-tight_214363301

am i the only one who baulks at paying more than a few quid for a pair of tights?

I felt really bad today washing my everyday ones, as theyre only cheap primark ones. (still at £1.75 a pack/ 53p per tights i can't afford to wear em once!)

sweetlove666 wrote:

am i the only one who baulks at paying more than a few quid for a pair of tights?

I agree.

I like these, obviously they're not as sexy or classy or hot as suspenders, so wouldn't actually be worn in the bedroom or on dates or anything, but just for regular going out in nice weather I think they're pretty cool. Have certainly made me look twice on numerous occasions!

I've just checked out the link for these - I think they could have made them prettier but I actually I like the look of them and would wear them for work etc.

In the bedroom it might as well be the real deal but I think generally they look OK

I spend a lot of money on tights for work and comfort is more important for me than price so if they were super comfortable I'd pay a little more for them...

whilst I agree that they're no substitute for the real thing, I don't think I've ever seen anyone wearing a suspender belt and stockings in the way these are worn.

sweetlove666 wrote:

theese things Avrielle http://www.newlook.com/shop/womens/tights-and-socks/house-of-holland-suspender-tight_214363301

I felt really bad today washing my everyday ones, as theyre only cheap primark ones. (still at £1.75 a pack/ 53p per tights i can't afford to wear em once!)

I am exactly the same. I bought a pack of 5 pairs of flimsy nudies from Peacocks about 3 months back (I'm terrified of going barelegged for some reason!) and still have 3 pairs. >_>

As for suspender tights, I think they're nice under a figure-hugging dress or Summer shorts for a day out, but of course they have nothing on the real thing, and they're not what I'd call bedroom wear!

This said, I own a few pairs of "treat" tights.
Purple, pinstripe, thick grey winter ones, fishnets, white fishnets.

These are all intended to last me a very long time (the grey and purple ones are 3 years old!), so they have to be bloomin good quality, and I would still never spend over a tenner!