Favorite DIYs?

currently fabric dyeing for a Halloween themed jacket im about to make!

i was wondering if there were any other diy’ers on the thread! if so whats your favorite thing you’ve DIY’d/the thing your most proud of :grin:

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Images to share in topics

Ooh, that sounds cool. What colours did you go for? I have this massive oversized scalf i made myself all the eay from raw fleece. (Eg, picking, washing, dyeing, carding, spinning, setting, knitting) its not the most complicated thing ive ever made, but it looks great on and is really warm. I often get people commenting on it.
My others is probubly my freeform fingercrochet hats. No pattern, i just shape them as i go. Most of them are made out of ends of handspun yarn so they are really cool looking. But one of my favourites is a rainbow (not the classic rainbow, i just shoved the colours wherever) self striping one i spun myself.

@rockstar :heart: :heart_eyes: oh i love it. What a cool project

5 Likes

I DIY my own guitars and cars.

3 Likes

Ooooh I love a bit of crafting/DIY :smile_cat: I recently tried to tie dye some pyjamas and so happy with how they turned out! :grin: I also dyed some of by bondage rope and it looks sooo pretty

https://lovehoneyforum.com/t/the-toy-box/258951/119?u=very-ape

4 Likes

Totally gutted our lounge/dining room and wallpapered it myself. Hadn’t wallpapered for about 15 years, but was really proud to have made a cracking job of it!

5 Likes

Hi @spookyreviewer as some will already know I put up a summerhouse earlier this year for my Mrs and youngest daughter as a seeing room for them I have done loads of DIYing last year and again this year always had the intention of doing it but work time and money always an issue recently put up new wardrobes and decorated our bedroom end of last month too

3 Likes

was going for black and somehow landed in purple :joy: not sure how but it still fits. the scar sounds great!

1 Like

wow that sounds really cool! i would love to build a bass but it seems so complicated

1 Like

@Gazza_64 @WillC you guys have done like proper projects! both are super impressive!

2 Likes

My dad taught me how to wallpaper when i bought my first house, and he taught me well! It was nice to know i hadn’t forgot since the last time i did it! As @Gazza_64 will probably agree, it’s nice to sit back and think “i did that” :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Spent a lot of time moving house as kids so learned to love decorating, painted almost every room in my OHs house over the past year and like you both said, not much beats the feeling of achievement you get with all DIY, providing it goes well :joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat:

2 Likes

Oh there’s always problems and the perfectionist inside me knows where the tiny faults are, but only i know! :wink:

1 Like

@WillC and @spookyreviewer lovebirds to sit back and let someone else do it but I do enjoy it and saves me money if I can do it myself I know my limits :muscle: :+1:

1 Like

Me too, i know my limits! But i think you are far more talented at DIY than me @Gazza_64! :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’m a crafter by trade and have made a few things for myself in the past but one of the favourites was I turned an oversized jumper into a nice cardigan jacket.

4 Likes

@WillC thanks for the vote of confidence :muscle:

1 Like

I’ve seen the evidence with your pics!

1 Like

Lol mate so’s my Mrs but she always like to supervise me when I do anything @WillC

2 Likes

that sounds great! im looking into painting a full body romper like thing but id be too self conscious to wear it

1 Like