Favourite Christmas song

Seeing as my local radio station started playing today, what’s everyone’s favourite and why? I love “let it snow let it snow let it snow”. Just reminds me of being at home with the fire on. (And die hard):joy:

2 Likes

Last Christmas by Wham. I just have to sing along with this one! :joy:

9 Likes

Pouges fairytale of New York

5 Likes

I try and avoid all the commercial Christmas tunes, with respect I can’t stand any of them. The only ones I like are these - Christmas Rappin’ by Kurtis Blow, Christmas In Hollis by Run-DMC.

1 Like

Someone has to stand up and take the bullet, so…

Merry Christmas Everybody by SLADE! :partying_face:

5 Likes

Pogues and Kirsty Fairytale of Newyork.

4 Likes

Greg Lake - I believe in Father Christmas.

2 Likes

Wizzard!! Gotta love some 80s Christmas classics!

1 Like

Okay… so Fairytale of New York might actually be on my playlist all year round. I think I downloaded it one July :rofl:.

Everything else, love them, but not until December!

2 Likes

Has to be the Pogues and Kirsty. I love Kirsty’s voice, and I’ve been getting her other music too in recent years.

Oh yes, and not before December.

1 Like

I can tolerate most of it in December, before that I’m firmly in the ‘no’ camp.

I enjoy the classics, and Carol of the Bells reminds me of Home Alone every time :smiley:

(There is one song that really gets my hackles up and I have been known to leave a shop if it comes on and that’s Santa Baby. I don’t know why; I just hate that song with a passion!)

I like Yule shoot ur eye out (Fall Out Boy) and Merry merry merry frickin’ Christmas (Fricken A i think) :joy: not exactly classics but i like the style of the 1st and the 2nd is quite funny

Not in the least bit biased but Slade and Wizzard.

3 Likes

That’s my favourite too @wildflower x

1 Like

Fairy tale of New York is far and away my favourite and if you have never seen the documentary about the making of it I would encourage you to give it a watch.

1 Like

I second @Chosen-one - Pogues, Fairytale of New York!

3 Likes

Ooh haven’t seen that…will have to search it out!

Pogues fairy tale in new York

2 Likes

BBC are refusing to play the original version

1 Like

Radio 1 to be exact, but when you consider some of the current hits they do play, Fairytale of NY is quite tame!