Feeling quite emotional

I'm so nervous about posting this as this is my very first post and I'm a very quiet person but I feel I need a bit of reassurance. I'm 27 and I'm a virgin (please don't laugh). I haven't even been kissed yet (again please don't laugh). I know it's nothing to be ashamed of and I have always been quite a patient person who doesn't rush into anything. It s just that lately I'm really starting to worry that I will never meet anyone and that I will be single for the rest of my life. I have always suffered from a lack of self esteem and I fear no one will ever be attracted to me. I also feel that I have no right even being a member of this site due to my great lack of experience.

Hi PinkVixen - welcome to the the forums and I'm so pleased you had the courage to post tonight x Everyone here is so friendly and helpful, you will hopefully feel at home really quickly. Please don't feel you have no right being here, you have every right to be xx Being a virgin is most defiantly nothing to be ashamed of. I took a long time to find my first love, I'm very fussy and didn't want to rush either. You will find the right person when the time is right for you xx ❤️

Hi and welcome! First of all thank you so much for posting, as someone in the same situation (virgin, never been kissed) but at 36 and sometimes you can feel all alone, so it's always good to know I'm not the only one. I hadn't even touched myself that way before joining Lovehoney 2 or so years ago and felt very similar but you soon realise we all have different stories and experiences to share and your input is just as valuable and helpful as anyone elses. Plus I think there are actually a few of us 'older' virgins on here now-a-days.

No-one will ever make fun of lack of experience here we are ALL explorers with questions so jump in, don't be afraid to ask anything and most importantly have fun.

Is your cup half full or half empty?

If it's half full, you could say that you have a bucket load of fun and new experiences awaiting you, that most people by a certain age have gotten bored with, or just take for granted.

But if you want willy wonkers golden ticket, you need to get out there and look.

In this day and age the digital revolution has made it much easier to get yourself out there, without leaving your arm chair, being able to mould loose relationships, and finding out info before meeting.

Gotta be better than getting drunk and approaching the nearest person at the end of the night in a club?

There's some idiots out there, no kidding. But there's also some genuine, kind and caring folk about. Who will be patient and understanding, allowing you to go at your own speed.

Just remember, ships are safe in harbours......

But ships are meant to sail!

Hi Pink Vixen, really glad you came here to chat with us and thank you for deciding to take the plunge! You don’t need experience to come on here, Just openness, honesty to yourself and others and a curiosity to chat and learn. We all kind of muddle along, its a bit like a rugby scrum sometimes......

Hey PinkVixen and welcome, you have nothing to be worried about here- everyone is so lovely and accepting regardless of how experienced or inexperienced you are. Relax, enjoy and you’ll be totally fine.
As for your virginity, it’ll happen when you’re ready, no judgement here xx

Welcome to LH forums, virgin or not you’ve got the same parts as the rest of us here so I suspect the toys will still work haha! Keep your head up, it’s tough to meet new people today so I don’t think your predicament is that odd. Just hang in their, if it is something that gets you down a lot then make a plan to change, be persistent, and don’t let setbacks stop you! And try to remember, being healthy and happy solo is a pre-requisite to being healthy and happy paired!

Good luck

Good morning pinkvixen, before joining up in december last year (aged 30) i had absolutly zero experience with sex toys. In the 5-6 months i have been here though i have learnt so much. Everyone is super helpful, i havr never once felt judged. Due to the community being so vast as well if you have a question there is someone on here that can help. Good luck on your LH journey you won't regret it.

Welcome. When I had my first account several years ago I had no experience. So don’t worry everyone starts somewhere. Nothing wrong with being a virgin. Keep it for someone special.

if I could go back and keep it I would have.

Just wanted to say hello + welcome

Thank you so much to everyone who responded (it has actually brought a few tears to my eyes). Your kindness and understanding, non judgemental replies have really reassured me. I just worry sometimes that if I were fortunate to meet that special someone, they may not be interested in me if I were to be completely honest and admit to being a virgin. I know there is nothing wrong with being a virgin but I don't want people to think that I'm a prude and not interested in sex because I am. It's just been through circumstances that I haven't yet met anyone I like enough to have a relationship with (I don't have any friends at the moment so I don't really get the chance to go out much).

I was recently tempted to have a fling with someone in order to get it all over and done with. I know that may sound terrible to some but curiosity was really getting the better of me. In the end though I doubt that I could go through with it (I'm not judging anyone for having flings btw. I believe everyone is free to do what they want) as I know I would get emotionally attached to the person.

Another thing I would like to add is that for all I may be a virgin, I still consider myself to be a sexual being as I love to use vibrators (especially the iconic rampant rabbits) and dildos (I have just purchased the 6' inch vibrating one. Can't wait for it to arrive!). I have a wardrobe full of toys and love using them on a regular basis. I do have times where I think it could be the closest thing I will ever have to an actual man but I guess I can't keep thinking like that.

Thank you so much once again for all your lovely, kind replies. Posting on here was nowhere near as scary as I initially thought it would be lol.

Hello and welcome to the forums 😊

Wow pink v. What a lovely thing to share on the forums. I count you lucky as your an adult and by the sounds of your experience with toys you know your body. I would have loved to have giving up my virginity with some experience of my own body and what I like.

There is nothing to worry or be embarrassed about not having sex yet. who says you should have sex by a set age?? As I've got older and being with with same partner for nearly 18 years I'm enjoying sex more now than ever due to knowing what I like myself and not what we are forced into believe in we like.

You will find that someone soon and I can't wait to hear your story.

Wishing you all the luck xxxx

Tazzy84red wrote:

Wow pink v. What a lovely thing to share on the forums. I count you lucky as your an adult and by the sounds of your experience with toys you know your body. I would have loved to have giving up my virginity with some experience of my own body and what I like.

There is nothing to worry or be embarrassed about not having sex yet. who says you should have sex by a set age?? As I've got older and being with with same partner for nearly 18 years I'm enjoying sex more now than ever due to knowing what I like myself and not what we are forced into believe in we like.

You will find that someone soon and I can't wait to hear your story.

Wishing you all the luck xxxx

Thank you for your lovely message Tazzy. I'm very happy for you and your partner. Nearly 18 years of being together is really something very endearing indeed. Thank you again for your kindness. x

AmyA wrote:

Hi and welcome! First of all thank you so much for posting, as someone in the same situation (virgin, never been kissed) but at 36 and sometimes you can feel all alone, so it's always good to know I'm not the only one. I hadn't even touched myself that way before joining Lovehoney 2 or so years ago and felt very similar but you soon realise we all have different stories and experiences to share and your input is just as valuable and helpful as anyone elses. Plus I think there are actually a few of us 'older' virgins on here now-a-days.

No-one will ever make fun of lack of experience here we are ALL explorers with questions so jump in, don't be afraid to ask anything and most importantly have fun.

Thank you Amy for this response. It really helped me to put my mind at ease. All the best to you. x

I'd say more testing. It's a bit like a life sentence at times lol.
You will find your someone and when you do everything will fall into place xx

Hey PinkVixon! Welcome to the forums :) As you can see from above, we're a friendly, welcoming and non-judgemental group of people who have just bonded over the love of sex toys!

Never feel embarrassed about anything like this. One of my friends is in her late 20s and with some constant reassuring words from me, she did eventually meet someone and lost hers with him. They are super cute together.

Any questions - I'm confident someone will help! Have fun.

PinkVixen90 wrote:

I'm so nervous about posting this as this is my very first post and I'm a very quiet person but I feel I need a bit of reassurance. I'm 27 and I'm a virgin (please don't laugh). I haven't even been kissed yet (again please don't laugh). I know it's nothing to be ashamed of and I have always been quite a patient person who doesn't rush into anything. It s just that lately I'm really starting to worry that I will never meet anyone and that I will be single for the rest of my life. I have always suffered from a lack of self esteem and I fear no one will ever be attracted to me. I also feel that I have no right even being a member of this site due to my great lack of experience.

Don't feel bad or nervous and don't rush it. If it happens it will happen, if you rush it it you will not get the same enjoyment. I am 39 and still suffer from self esteem images. I think I am overweight and everything, but I have manged to find a way that works for me, which is what you need to do.

As for being on the site this is a great site with lots of cool toys, but the community is full of amazing different people who are al friendly.

PinkVixen90 wrote:

Hi PinkVixen90 welcome to the world of enlightened people I'm sure you will love the forum chat. As you have seen from the posts to your thread you are welcomed here as your own unique person and I believe that you should always embrace that fact (I will also say that to everyone on the forum, it will help you on your life journey). PinkVixen90 on your thoughts about your virginity, I like many others will tell you that please don't worry about losing your precious gift, better to keep it for when you want to give it to a person who your whole being will tell you is the right person for you. In this way it will be a more special moment in your lifetime to be cherished by both you and your chosen one. Bennyboy69

Hi PinkVixen90, welcome to the forum :-)

You don't need be nervous, no one here is going to laugh at you or judge you, we are a friendly, caring and understanding bunch.

Please don't worry about losing your virginity, there is no rush. Take your time and you will find a genuine caring person who you will feel is right for you.

I suffered with a lack of self esteem for years to an extent that I wouldnt look anyone in the face, I was tasked by a councillor to set myself a daily challenge eg make eye to eye contact with a total stranger and smile, give one person a compliment each day etc etc. This helped me, if you don't feel confident in trying something like this there are web sites on Google for beating a lack of self esteem which may help.

I'm not great with words but I hope this helps a bit.

Mr Cheeky