Feeling quite emotional

Don't worry about being on here, im in the same position as you, but im 28.

Medical issues have resulted in me being housebound and played the major part in why i still am, but i'm trying to get to know my own body to be confident IF or when the time comes.

I understand the feeling embarrassed about it, but i've found the more open i am about it, the less it bothers me, and nobody has said anything negative to me about it at all who knows, in fact, a few males have told me when i find the right guy, it will be a good thing!

PinkVixen90 wrote:

Thank you so much to everyone who responded (it has actually brought a few tears to my eyes). Your kindness and understanding, non judgemental replies have really reassured me. I just worry sometimes that if I were fortunate to meet that special someone, they may not be interested in me if I were to be completely honest and admit to being a virgin. I know there is nothing wrong with being a virgin but I don't want people to think that I'm a prude and not interested in sex because I am. It's just been through circumstances that I haven't yet met anyone I like enough to have a relationship with (I don't have any friends at the moment so I don't really get the chance to go out much).

I was recently tempted to have a fling with someone in order to get it all over and done with. I know that may sound terrible to some but curiosity was really getting the better of me. In the end though I doubt that I could go through with it (I'm not judging anyone for having flings btw. I believe everyone is free to do what they want) as I know I would get emotionally attached to the person.

Another thing I would like to add is that for all I may be a virgin, I still consider myself to be a sexual being as I love to use vibrators (especially the iconic rampant rabbits) and dildos (I have just purchased the 6' inch vibrating one. Can't wait for it to arrive!). I have a wardrobe full of toys and love using them on a regular basis. I do have times where I think it could be the closest thing I will ever have to an actual man but I guess I can't keep thinking like that.

Thank you so much once again for all your lovely, kind replies. Posting on here was nowhere near as scary as I initially thought it would be lol.

Hi PinkVixen,

Just as a response to this, I was a virgin until about 6 months ago (I am 22) where I decided to 'lose it' on a one night stand. I was sick of waiting, all of my friends had done it and I just wanted to get it out of the way and over with. From personal experience please don't give into the temptation like I did, keep on waiting until the right person comes along- and they will.

My night was painful, awful, embarassing and a complete cliche, the guy left the next day and now looks away whenever we pass in the street- mortifying! Not two weeks later I was asked on a date by my first ever boyfriend and when we had sex for the first time he actually made it a much better experience, still painful as hell but he looked after me emotionally.

I get the stereotypes you're likely facing, I heard them all before, people assume that because you're a virgin you're prudish or frigid, where that simply isn't the case! I am incredibly kinky and that has not developed in the last 6 months since losing my virginity. I spent a long long time waiting for the right person only to fall at the final hurdle and I regret it tremendously. As a side note, I have found that guys find it incredibly sexy to find a virgin, they get a weird kick out of it so don't let that bother you at all. There is nothing wrong with you, you just haven't found a person who deserves you yet, don't settle, it really isn't worth it.

xx

Vanilla is right. There’s a lot of us guys who’d like a virgin. Me included I have no idea why though.

VanillaWithSprinkles wrote:

PinkVixen90 wrote:

Thank you so much to everyone who responded (it has actually brought a few tears to my eyes). Your kindness and understanding, non judgemental replies have really reassured me. I just worry sometimes that if I were fortunate to meet that special someone, they may not be interested in me if I were to be completely honest and admit to being a virgin. I know there is nothing wrong with being a virgin but I don't want people to think that I'm a prude and not interested in sex because I am. It's just been through circumstances that I haven't yet met anyone I like enough to have a relationship with (I don't have any friends at the moment so I don't really get the chance to go out much).

I was recently tempted to have a fling with someone in order to get it all over and done with. I know that may sound terrible to some but curiosity was really getting the better of me. In the end though I doubt that I could go through with it (I'm not judging anyone for having flings btw. I believe everyone is free to do what they want) as I know I would get emotionally attached to the person.

Another thing I would like to add is that for all I may be a virgin, I still consider myself to be a sexual being as I love to use vibrators (especially the iconic rampant rabbits) and dildos (I have just purchased the 6' inch vibrating one. Can't wait for it to arrive!). I have a wardrobe full of toys and love using them on a regular basis. I do have times where I think it could be the closest thing I will ever have to an actual man but I guess I can't keep thinking like that.

Thank you so much once again for all your lovely, kind replies. Posting on here was nowhere near as scary as I initially thought it would be lol.

Hi PinkVixen,

Just as a response to this, I was a virgin until about 6 months ago (I am 22) where I decided to 'lose it' on a one night stand. I was sick of waiting, all of my friends had done it and I just wanted to get it out of the way and over with. From personal experience please don't give into the temptation like I did, keep on waiting until the right person comes along- and they will.

My night was painful, awful, embarassing and a complete cliche, the guy left the next day and now looks away whenever we pass in the street- mortifying! Not two weeks later I was asked on a date by my first ever boyfriend and when we had sex for the first time he actually made it a much better experience, still painful as hell but he looked after me emotionally.

I get the stereotypes you're likely facing, I heard them all before, people assume that because you're a virgin you're prudish or frigid, where that simply isn't the case! I am incredibly kinky and that has not developed in the last 6 months since losing my virginity. I spent a long long time waiting for the right person only to fall at the final hurdle and I regret it tremendously. As a side note, I have found that guys find it incredibly sexy to find a virgin, they get a weird kick out of it so don't let that bother you at all. There is nothing wrong with you, you just haven't found a person who deserves you yet, don't settle, it really isn't worth it.

xx

Thank you so much Vanilla for your response. I'm sorry to read that you felt that way regarding your first time (although I can completely understand the temptation as I have previously pointed out). I'm so happy for you that you found someone special afterwards who treated you with respect. I really would ideally like my first time to be memorable for all the right reasons so I'm going to try my best to not give in to temptation as sex is something that is mentioned everywhere nowadays but I do get a lot of enjoyment from using my toys so at least I know a bit more about my body and what works for me.

Sounds like a much better plan than mine lol! Wish I'd have discovered LH before all of this happened but didn't stumble across it until after my first relationship was over. I admire what you're doing, truly, and wish you all the best!

VanillaWithSprinkles wrote:

Sounds like a much better plan than mine lol! Wish I'd have discovered LH before all of this happened but didn't stumble across it until after my first relationship was over. I admire what you're doing, truly, and wish you all the best!

Thank you Vanilla. All the best to you too ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)