Female private parts......

There are loads of names for this beauty, I'll start

Flange

and many of them are considered disrespectful

xGGx

foof

I don't get offended by many of them but some just make me go 'Ohhhhh' like minge and flange. Hate it!

angel

im not easily offended just find that the way some are used shows a lack of respect.

xGGx

ghostgirl wrote:

angel

im not easily offended just find that the way some are used shows a lack of respect.

xGGx

Ohh no, I know - what I meant was there are words I don't like but I put up with. Even the C word doesn't offend me. I just don't see the big problem with it although I don't use it in every day language or anything LOL

I simply meant whilst it doesn't offend me, I still hate some words

Angel x

I thought flange was the collective noun for baboons.

Interesting discussion point: Isn't it weird how there any lots of words for the female bits that are considered offensive or in really bad taste, yet there aren't really any words like this for the penis?

Wilkibo wrote:

I thought flange was the collective noun for baboons.

Weird QI fact, but a "flange of baboons" was a term first used by Rowan Atkinson in a comedy sketch for "Not The 9'Oclock News" Somehow it made it from this into a currently used term by the experts. Weird world or what?

As for the original topic, I tend to stick to "pussy" at home, as its a kind of soft and affectionate word for it. I've got nothing against the more graphic terms per se, but I know my OH likes this one, so thats what gets used.

It is a shame when people use words for genitals as an insult. I think female genitalia are lovely, it doesn't make any sense to liken a person to them as an insult. It also renders those words vulgar and offensive, so then they start to lose their original meaning.

For example, the c word is actually a decent, venerable, basic anglo-saxon word with a very clear meaning. There is something rather satisfying about it's sound, which might be why it gets misused so much in vulgar language. Like the f word, or spank, it almost sounds like what it means.

I don't mind the more polite names like pussy, beaver, cock etc, they're a bit like characters from the Wind in the Willows. But sometimes you just want to call a spade a spade and not be all whimsical about it!

hi all,

this is an area i love

So I name it as pearl and the funny one of " little man in a boat " lol

naughty thoughts

Mac xxx

Postillionager wrote:

It is a shame when people use words for genitals as an insult. I think female genitalia are lovely, it doesn't make any sense to liken a person to them as an insult. It also renders those words vulgar and offensive, so then they start to lose their original meaning.

For example, the c word is actually a decent, venerable, basic anglo-saxon word with a very clear meaning. There is something rather satisfying about it's sound, which might be why it gets misused so much in vulgar language. Like the f word, or spank, it almost sounds like what it means.

I don't mind the more polite names like pussy, beaver, cock etc, they're a bit like characters from the Wind in the Willows. But sometimes you just want to call a spade a spade and not be all whimsical about it!

I've never hear it called a spade before! External Media

SS xx

Lovehoney - Hella Rouge wrote:

Lol! That's not true. D!ck, pr!ck, c0ck, kn0b/kn0bhead or generally just calling someone a pen!s is pretty offensive. ^_-

Yes, but I don't think many men would be offended to have their man parts called any of these names, but plenty of women don't like to have their, er, lady-gardens, referred to as their c*nt. That seems like the bigger discrepancy.

What's the tune to the song?!

SS xx

pussy!

Tuna canoe

Sludge

Both pretty unappealing..

SweetSubmission wrote:

Lovehoney - Hella Rouge wrote:

Lol! That's not true. D!ck, pr!ck, c0ck, kn0b/kn0bhead or generally just calling someone a pen!s is pretty offensive. ^_-

Yes, but I don't think many men would be offended to have their man parts called any of these names, but plenty of women don't like to have their, er, lady-gardens, referred to as their c*nt. That seems like the bigger discrepancy.

I must be in the minority then, i cannot stand those words External Media

Fanny.

Ok not really about female parts but about words that can be taken as offensive. Lyrics from Sensual Woman by The Herbaliser:

Lovemaking is physical, and so its its language.
Suck, cock, fuck, and prick, are not bad words.
Used in the bedroom by lovers to describe parts of the body,
And physical activities,
They are very proper indeed, and they distinctly enhance sex.
Overhaul a prudish attitude.
Don't whistle and stick up your nose, at least, not up in the air.

Both me and my partner get offended when words realted to sex and sexuality are used in an offensive mannor, though when used correctly we find them ok. It's very hard to find the correct way to use most words in any situation and in many types of social groups, anything can offend people if put across wrongly or seen as if it has been meant to be offensive. I think people should use most words cearfully and don't really feel the need to single out sex related words.

Though really it would be nice if people didn't find these words offensive, and didn't use them in an offensive mannor... but hey it's unlikely to happen.

I was at my tattooist's and he was referring to vaginas as a 'falula'

I hadn't heard it before and found it rather amusing(: