First time bondage help.

My other half has confessed she'd really like to be tied up. I've ordered some Lovehoney bondage tape and want to surprise her, but we never discussed how she would like to be tied up. As I've never done this before I hoped someone might be able to give me a few ideas?

It's really up to you, maybe just try tying her hands wrists together & start that way, then maybe tie her to your bed if you have that option :)

Wow Wow! Hold on there !

Start gently . There is a world of difference between asking for a fantasy and then acting it out. You both will be nervous that is normal and probably in various degrees excited at the same time.

Tie her hands but not behind her back ( my Mrs freaked out when I tried this even though like your partner she wanted the same treatment) .So tie them in front . Another tip is you may want to remove at least her upper garments as trying to remove these with tied hands is very difficult ! With tape you can also form a lead out of it and therefore you can gently pull her with her hands. Perhaps then you can tie them lead to a bed post when she is comforatbly laid down .whicj way round you want her to lie is upto you .

With anything like this also have safe words so if she does freak out ( which I doubt) and she activates the safe word you can cut the tape .( see the various threads on safe words )Also never ,never leave her on her own in this state . I can't over emphasise this point enough .

After the session and you have made love and cuddled etc. Have a talk about the session just to confirm that she liked what you did. After which vist the bondage section on Love Honey and check out the various restaraints including silk and perhaps invest in a under the bed system .

For your next session why not ask her about being blind folded ? It will add to the sense of you touching her etc.

mOst important thing is to make sure you both are having fun and enjoy!

Thank you both for your replies.

The idea of a safe word is great and I've a feeling the blindfold may go down well.

Thanks again.

No worries, just start it off slow then build it up if it is something you both enjoy.. Let us know how you get on :)

It's all good advice there def start slowly and build on it talking is the main thing discuss what u both like and how far to go once you both get into it your never look back me and my OH been into it about 6 months now and just getting better every time we often talk after a good session and see what we would like next time and with the basic bondage stuff and bit of imagination it's a whole new world good luck and happy play time.

I'd consider having a safeword handy, too. It can remain as simple as "stop" with basic bondage, but just know that, even if she likes the thought/idea of it, once she's bound and you're in the middle of fun times she can suddenly not be okay with it/have unknown triggers, etc.

Also get some EMT scissors/safety shears and keep them handy, just in case you need to quickly get her out of bondage in an emergency.

But most importantly, have fun!

As its a first time, you could just hold the tape in your hand, and ask, do you want me to tie you up, and then depending on her responce, start with her hands in front.

Then if happy, tell her your going to tie her to the bed, or a chair, if still happy maybe tell her your going to use a blindfold/make with the tape, then you can give her some pleasure, or use some toys on her.

What ever you do at each stage check she's happy to carry on.

afterwards get some feedback as what she liked/disliked, what she would like to try in future, and start setting ground rules.

If all goes well, you'll be able to get experimental overtime, and you will learn what she likes, and start to balance checking she happy, with leaving somethings to surprise, as it can be a turn on not knowing what is going to happen.

But main thing is that you both enjoy whatever happens.