First vibrator. How often is normal?

One of my girlfriends found out that I hadn't used a vibrator before so got me one this year as a Xmas gift. I know my husband isnt keen on them so I wasnt going to tell him about it or use it but I tried it out while he was away and now I am hooked! I dont want to stop using it now so will probably keep it my secret but how much is a normal amount to use one? I'm not sure if its just because it is new but I'm using it about 4-5 times a week and I didnt masturbate quite that much before.

Hey, there isnt a `normal' amount of times you can use a vibe. I use mine once a month sometimes less. Does you husband see it as a threat to his manhood that you want one? I got my first proper vibe last year almost 6 years after meeting my husband. I always had suggested about using one but he never seemed keen either. Then i told him i wanted one, bought one for myself and hes used it on me a handful of times but perhaps i need to ask him to use it more. There is a risk you may depend on this. If it was me, i would tell you hubby that you have been bought one as a gift and for him to try it out with you. I think some men seem to see it as a threat but alot of women will secretly use one if their partners are against it.. I think its nice if you can share the experience with him.

Deffinately think about telling your OH, especially since you like it (had you tried it and it not done anything for you then forgetting about it might have been another matter?).

Suppose my situation applies to to expalin:

My awarness for adult play things was far more mature than my OH's. I found her hovering around the 'Durex' related isle at pharmacy. Took me by suprise, but I thought I'd entertain the idea and browsed with her. She picked up a vibrating bullet. Initially got me a little excited, possibility of exploring and I suppose we entertained and eventually purchased the item based on being able to enjoy 'another' experience - granted more here than me.

First use, I admit, I felt very weird, especially with her reaction. For me it was and still is a little hard to accept that something else could provide pleasure for her, but seeing her reaction overwrote any feeling I had on it.

Honestly, if the vibrater was larger, I think I may have found it difficult to take on board.

I think it can be a welcomed addition in the bedroom so worth considering telling your OH if you feel the item attributes wouldn't affect his opion on his.

Hey

I got my first vibe bought for me about 18 months ago by my OH. We had never talked about introducing toys and to be honest our sex life was really crappy at the time and needed a bit of a boost. It was the best thing he could have done. It completely opened new doors to our relationship, although it may not be everybody's cup of tea....you won't know if you don't ask so may be worth mentioning it :-)
Xxx

i would definately speak to your OH about it.

as far as useage - i was addicted to mine, every chance i got i was using it, i was amazed at how much fun masturbation could be when using one.

as soon as i told my OH we started to use it together as well, either him watching me or him using it on me or me using it on myself during sex. It has become a bit of a staple now and just something we naturally do.

btw i'm still addicted!

As long as it's not getting in the way of your day to day life, then it doesn't matter how much you use it.