Friends Requests Pending advice

I'm pretty sure this must have been covered somewhere before but hoping for some help. When I log into my account, I often get notified that I have new friends requests. Without scrolling through my friends list, I can't see who the friends requests are from without clicking into each "friend" to see who has made the request.

Is there any way of sorting, or easily identifying, who the requests are from? Or is it a problem with my browser (Firefox)?

It's not your browser, because I get this on Firefox, Chrome and IE.

When I am scrolling through my friends list, I can see the ones with requests and I don't need to click on anyone individually.

P.S. I go to Your account - Manage your friends list. But I am remembered on the site, so I don't even receive notifications for friends requests - sometimes I just see them when browsing the topics (if someone has made a friend request, it shows me the option to confirm/ignore instead of the option add). Or if I remember to do so I simply go to my friends list to see if there are any new requests.

Open your profile in one window and the friends list in another. Your profile will show them in alphabetical order, so even with a list the length of yours it shouldn't take too long to scan through and look up the ones you don't recognise as friends.

Maybe it's just when you click the link when you login and if you get to it from your profile it will work.

YorkieTed, I've friended you to test.

is there any real point to the friends list? It's nice to have them but it seems it's purely cosmetic anyway.... unless there is a whole menu of friend interactions i'm mising somewhere? :)

The only time I can see when I've got a friend request is when I'm browsing through topics on the forum and see the notification under someones avatar to the left.

Draven, the friends list was only intended for back when there was an IM type chat function which doesn't exist anymore so there's not really much point in adding friends now :)

StHubbins wrote:

Maybe it's just when you click the link when you login and if you get to it from your profile it will work.

YorkieTed, I've friended you to test.

Thanks StH - I've accepted you thinking you must be the second of the two requests, then closed the other browser so I'm back on with trying to find out who the others are now.

SophieM wrote:

Draven, the friends list was only intended for back when there was an IM type chat function which doesn't exist anymore so there's not really much point in adding friends now :)

: (

Oh well.

yorkieted, do you click on the link on the top right Your account and then scrolling the page to the bottom and then click on Manage your friends list?

menyanthe wrote:

yorkieted, do you click on the link on the top right Your account and then scrolling the page to the bottom and then click on Manage your friends list?

Yes, menyanthe but is doesn't identify current friends, those that I've requested or those thay have requested me. Not that there is much point to the friends list these days anyway, I suppose.

This has come up several times - from memory the staff said its on the list of the things to fix. However, as there is no chat function / function of having friends apart from being friendly, it doesn't really matter so I don't think it's that high a priority :) xx

Hm... My list looks like that:

http://s14.postimg.org/t9182y7jl/list.jpg

You can scroll it with the scroll bar on the side up and down and whenever there is a new friend request it would be somewhere in there with 2 green buttons next to the person's nickname so it is pretty easy to spot.

Does your list look different?

menyanthe wrote:

Hm... My list looks like that:

http://s14.postimg.org/t9182y7jl/list.jpg

You can scroll it with the scroll bar on the side up and down and whenever there is a new friend request it would be somewhere in there with 2 green buttons next to the person's nickname so it is pretty easy to spot.

Does your list look different?

Mine looks the same, but without any green buttons.

Strange. As it has occured before like MissChar suggested, it is probably some kind of a bug. Oh, well...

Sorry i didnt mean the problem had come up several times, I meant the query about it on the forums comes up often :) as far as I know it hasn't been sorted, as I said its probably low priority. Mines been like that for months x

I know that having friends on LH was only relevant when the chat function was working but its still nice to get friend requests. If people request me as a friend I always add them.

Ron Burgundy wrote:

I know that having friends on LH was only relevant when the chat function was working but its still nice to get friend requests. If people request me as a friend I always add them.

Just to cheer you up!

Be my friend.....please

Interesting, I no longer have the green buttons as well. I swear I had them a couple of days ago.

StHubbins wrote:

Ron Burgundy wrote:

Just to cheer you up!

Be my friend.....please

Not a chance pal.....just kidding :)