Gender confusion and coming out as LGBTQ+ all ages

Hey everyone thought we would start this topic as we see a lot of people asking things about gender.

Examples: how to tell parents/partner im gay.
Younger asking older and older asking younger about coming out to different generations
Am I gay because……
How to transition emotionally

This isn’t something, that effects our life’s at the moment, it may well do with our kids at some point but thought we would start this topic for those who want to chat with others can do so.

Hope this all goes well and sorry if the title isn’t accurate we did our best.

4 Likes

Nothing wrong with the title at all, tells you everything.

Can’t answer as have not been in that situation, but good topic to talk about.

2 Likes

Hey guys,

I’ve never come out to my parents partly because they’re views are very archaic (I was in a lot of trouble when I was caught dressing up as teenager) and partly due to my own confusion (liking both men and women).

It wasn’t until uni I was able to accept who I am and be myself more. Since then I’ve found people very accepting :blush:

3 Likes

That’s great, @FunSam92 hopefully someone maybe able to help you one day with talking to them, as long as your happy that’s what counts!

1 Like

Thank you @Steve_Laura69 :two_hearts: hopefully. It’s sort of something we don’t speak about now but definitely there.

I think as long as you have a great support network (doesn’t have to be family) then you’ll be okay.

I do think it’s amazing that you’re thinking about how to educate your children. There needs to be more parents like you!:clap:

2 Likes

@forwardghoul52 its great to her you’ve been so supportive :clap:

You missed the classic reply to “I’m gay” …

“Hi gay, I’m mum/dad"

:joy:

Thank you @FunSam92. It’s we have 1 boy 3 girls, our boy is the most kindest boy you can ask for really good in school, he’s 9 and 5ft 1 with a top knot, with great banter plays football for the team I run, but he’s very soft too when he’s not playing football and my daughters act more like boys than he does sometimes, but I think he’s just been bought up around so many girls and also I’m always on him about treating women with respect as he is my double and I’m obviously gorgeous lol :joy:!! I was an only child with just my mum growing up and I didn’t treat women very nice, term we used was fuck em and Chuck em, that even included laura at one point….

But back to the real topic I didn’t start this for the way my boy acts as he’s 9 and talks with us about everything. we wanted to start this topic just for people who may face these issues can talk to each other and others that don’t know much about it can learn more just incase this becomes a problem to talk about to them or their children at some point.

1 Like

That’s lovely, the same response any of our children would get, we tell them now they are allowed to choose who they love and how they want to dress within reason, as I’m not cool with my children being sexualised like half of river islands clothes! But it’s just so they know they have a choice to be who they want to be, the best possible version of themselves.

They say I’m hungry and I say hi hungry I’m daddy lol :joy:

Lovely idea to start this topic off and I think it’ll come in handy for quite a few on here

3 Likes

That’s hopefully the outcome, this is why we all love this forum @AJSTAR As hopefully anyone can help anyone or just be a friendly advisor.

Were just very open in our family. My parents know i like men and women as does my husband although i tend to be attrated to more men than i am women. My step son found it very hard to say he was gay but he was at total ease when he saw the lack of shock on our faces. We had suspected and it really isnt an issue. Hes now married to a lovely chap and theyre very happy. Our oldest son asked to talk to us and after what seemed forever ( i was thinking all sorts) he said he was bi. Again no shock from us and we went and made a rainbow cake. He has since told us he quite likes the look of female clothes on him and although i havent had the pleasure of seeing it yet i know he tries his girlfriends clothes on.
I know some people dont have it that easy and that its a huge epic thing to have to tell people but we tried to make it as easy as possible.

2 Likes

Sounds like you are doing the right thing to us, well done to you!

2 Likes

My own personal thread here but fits in with @Steve_Laura69 conversation :blush: Coming out trans

1 Like

Lovely @FunSam92 we are so happy that you’ve been able to take the steps to what you wanted! We are so so so happy and please for you!

1 Like

Post these on my thread but thought they’d be helpful here too :blush:

Just thought I’d add these on to here as I loved reading them :blush:

Lovehoney UK

Exploring Gender and Sexuality with Chantelle Otten

Exploring Gender and Sexuality with Chantelle Otten

Lovehoney UK

How to Come Out - Your Guide to the Closet, and Whether or Not It’s Time to…

How to Come Out - Your Guide to the Closet, and Whether or Not It’s Time to Leave it Behind

Lovehoney UK

The Sexual Happiness Podcast S3.E1: Discovering Your Sexuality as an Adult

The Sexual Happiness Podcast S3.E1: Discovering Your Sexuality as an Adult

Lovehoney UK

Oscar: Navigating Sex as a Trans Man

Oscar: Navigating Sex as a Trans Man

Lovehoney UK

What Does it Mean to be Pansexual?

What Does it Mean to be Pansexual?, by guest. Posted: 2018-08-29

Lovehoney UK

Trans-lating Attraction: Being Sexually Attracted to Trans and Non-Binary People

Trans-lating Attraction: Being Sexually Attracted to Trans and Non-Binary People, by guest. Posted: 2018-04-14

Enjoy! Xx

1 Like

Great idea @FunSam92! We’re glad to see your journey is really starting for you, can’t wait to see where your at a year from now! Exciting times ahead!

Thank you @Steve_Laura69 :blush: the thought of it makes me very excited and impatient :joy:

Good for you nothing better than being able to be yourself, truly happy for you after we saw how much you wasn’t sure about telling your mum and how you are now it’s so lovely to hear!

1 Like