Gents hairstyles

I am trying to decide whether to commit to the full bald look. I think it’s a better look than thinning/balding, and I don’t like the idea of a hair transplant. It looks like the option of keeping my glorious locks is not open to me :joy:

Should I just take the plunge and go full bald?

What male hair styles do you find attractive?

3 Likes

I keep mine close cropped, when it gets to about 1cm i cut it. Looks much better than long and thinning/balding. I say go for it!

2 Likes

I like a bald head. Very sexy, and oozes confidence :wink:

1 Like

I started going bald on top so starting shaving the rest down to number 2, then one day went to shave it while watching TV, forgot to put the grading on and completely shaved off a stripe of hair - so the rest went, and I’ve never looked back! Saves splashing out at the barbers as well lol

2 Likes

I’ve always been prepared for being bald as it runs in the family but so far it hasn’t happened and due to my age possibly won’t. One thing I’d say with being bald is to dress well. I think that really does make a difference to the overall look. Well cut/fitting clothes are always flattering but to me it seems to make a bigger difference on bald people. As long as you’re happy that’s the main thing, nobody else has a say as it’s your head!

1 Like

Mine looks much neater at No.2 sides and back smooth on top not ready for nothing

I love a bald head, it’s so nice to stroke and I think it looks good on most people.

I think you may feel more confident with a shaved head, rather than thinning hair.

3 Likes

That definitely depends on how your face looks like as some suit bald while others look like a man baby alien :alien: :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

100% if it’s going thin get rid. Very sexy and shows a degree of strength of character to go for it.

2 Likes

@Cupc8kes Do you prefer it with a bit of stubble or shaved to the skin and polished shiny? Mine is short but likely a 1/4" all over.

I never liked the Mr. Clean man look - seemed like an Arab genie with no real character. Just MHO.

1 Like

Buy some good rechargeable clippers, take the guard off and your life will be forever simple!

I can do my entire head (face and hair) in around 10 minutes once a week. There’s little point trying to hide it once you start thinning out on top and the monk look really isn’t a good one. It really makes you look younger too, trust me. :wink:

5 Likes

@AutoScot mate I shave my hair off twice a week I can do have a full head of hair , depends on your partner I’d say go for it ! My boss has the full Basil Fualty look and and looks a dick I tell him get rid of it all and embrace it I think it looks cool :sunglasses: you will not regret it :+1:

1 Like

I usually use a #1 to shave it real short.
But I love it after a week or 2 when it’s has started to grow and feels devine.

1 Like

Go bald.

You’ll save a fortune in hair dresser costs.

I had the same dilemma as you, held on to my thinning hair then one day just said sod it and I shaved it all off.

Much happier now, although my wife says I look like Phil Mitchell. Hope that’s not true.

If you think it doesn’t suit you can always grow it back but I’m sure it will suit, my face seemed to adjust to accept it.

4 Likes

Been shaving mine close since i broke my wrist about 27 years ago, my brother held on to his until a couple of years ago, and when he finally shaved it close, it took years off him!

2 Likes

For me clean shaven bald over thinning every time, looks good and as @WillC says, it makes men look so much younger!

3 Likes

Ye get it all off from a fellow slap head :joy:

3 Likes