Girl power

Wow England football team you have put our guys to shame I so wish they were as hungry to win as you were ! Awesome achievement well done Ladies !!! :slightly_smiling_face: :upside_down_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

12 Likes

Absolutely, a great win. :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

Agreed a fantastic job for the Lionesses absolutely brilliant.

@steve19 Might be wrong, but I think you will find the team are sponsored by clothing manufacturers, they are more than likely supplied such items.

2 Likes

Really?! Men sexualising everything is so exhausting. That moment was amazing and so significant for the pure fact it wasn’t about a woman’s body being for show - it was showing what incredible skill she has and celebrating scoring a goal.

I’ll direct you to this thread about the men’s Euros where not one comment was made about a player’s body, what they were wearing or what someone would like to see them in.

Comments like yours are exactly the problem and why women’s sports are still not taken seriously. Just when you think we are taking steps forward you read comments like that and realise there’s so much more to do - I would really encourage you to reflect on that.

I am personally incredibly proud of the Lionesses, they absolutely smashed it and made history today. I hope they have all the fun celebrating an amazing win :partying_face::1st_place_medal::lion:

11 Likes

Not all Men do :smirk:

3 Likes

Not the point. Could’ve just left it at ‘a great win’

2 Likes

My apologize to everyone, it was not intended to offend and has been removed

An amazing win last night!! The woman absolutely smashed it. I love my football and I’ve never personally followed woman’s football in the past but I’m definitely going to make more effort to watch them and show my support.
I don’t need to slate the mens side to show my appreciation for last nights incredible victory, both English teams played amazing in the euros this year and last. :england::england::uk:🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

2 Likes

I’m no watcher of football; honestly couldn’t care for the sport. But even me and my hubby were watching and cheering along yesterday! A historical moment!

1 Like

Good point , but did any of the England players tear off their shirt to celebrate a goal ? To my knowledge ,that is considered " unsporting behavior " and is punished with a caution ( which I think the player in question rightly got )

1 Like

Both men and woman remove their tops to celebrate a goal which is an automatic yellow card which are given. Nothing sexual about it, they have been doing it years.

1 Like

Woo power to the girls! :partying_face:

1 Like

The thing is the lionesses did great for England But so have the roses rugby team currently ranked no1 in the world , won 23 back to back matches won world cup twice . The ladies cricketers are too very good but nothing really mentioned & there is sports that girls do well in we dont know enough about they need more recognition for achievements

3 Likes