Any views on thongs for men?

What do any ladies think about men wearing thongs, specifically if their partner wanted to wear them? My boyfriend has always worn shorts since we have been together so I was surprised when he told me he wanted to try a thong and asked what I thought if he wore one. I wasn't really sure but he's ordered some to try so I will take a look. Any thoughts?

I cannot comment on behalf of the ladies but as a male I sometimes feel that with all of the options available to women in regards to lingerie that I would like to make an effort in that department too.

Unfortunately, I have yet to find anything that I would want to wear or that my partner would be appreciate and despite Calvin Klein boxer briefs often being associated with sexualised models, I for one do not look like those models and secondly I wear them everyday so it's hard to feel sexy in them.

I can only imagine this is what your partner is trying to achieve, a break from the norm to present himself in a more attractive manor in the bedroom, just like if you was to put on a sexy number for him.

As a guy all I can advise you is to embrace it. As JSF says, sounds like he is making the effort.

I would avoid anything too racy. The important thing with thongs for men is for there to be sufficient fabric at the front to accomodate all the furniture .... allowing for the fact that it can vary in size .... lol.

I get mine from ebay and my favoured brand is Doreanse. I go for the more conservative designs, and find them comfortable enough for all day wear. But still look great.

One word of advice that you must pass on. Personal hygiene around the 'back door' is essential. That strip of fabric running between the cheeks will be in close proximity to the sewage dischage point. After a day's wear you shouldn't be able to smell where it's been.

Other than that. Help him. Make suggestions, and if he wants to go in a certain direction .... go with it. Even let him try your panties. He will love that .... you might too!

If you decide you're not that enamoured with them, buy him the Male Power Pouchless Open Briefs that Lovehoney sells - these are so sexy!

My wife loves me wearing a thong. She likes the fact it shows me bum off nicely šŸ˜‚ to be honest, you find thongs for men in high street stores like Debenhams, so they are becoming much more mainstream now. If you are used to him wearing shorts it may seem odd to start of with, but defo give them a chance.

VR wrote:

If you decide you're not that enamoured with them, buy him the Male Power Pouchless Open Briefs that Lovehoney sells - these are so sexy!

Sorry to be argumentative (I'm in that sort of mood tonight) but it isn't her decision.

However, fully agree that if she sees something she likes then by all means buy it for him. Perhaps I shouldn't denigrate LH products, but I find most of their men's undies to be poor quality and a bit tacky. There's more classy and stylish stuff elsewhere.

Anal-ysis wrote:

VR wrote:

Sorry to be argumentative (I'm in that sort of mood tonight) but it isn't her decision.

However, fully agree that if she sees something she likes then by all means buy it for him. Perhaps I shouldn't denigrate LH products, but I find most of their men's undies to be poor quality and a bit tacky. There's more classy and stylish stuff elsewhere.

I love the Lovehoney underwear for men. I own a number of boxers and the Male Power Pouchless open briefs. The quality you get is great value for the price they are sold for. Sure you could buy elsewhere pay loads more and get better quality but the same goes for pretty much anything. I love my boxers and my wife loves seeing me in them. I can't fault them at all.

Not a Ladys view but I have a mix of thongs and hipsters. Depends on mood and weather as to what I choose and what the day holds. I'm not sure Mrs O is keen but she says where what you like. Interested to here what you both think when they arrive luscious_laura.

K&c30's wrote:

Anal-ysis wrote:

VR wrote:

I love the Lovehoney underwear for men. I own a number of boxers and the Male Power Pouchless open briefs. The quality you get is great value for the price they are sold for. Sure you could buy elsewhere pay loads more and get better quality but the same goes for pretty much anything. I love my boxers and my wife loves seeing me in them. I can't fault them at all.

I've bought a few of the other Male Power items - and a spare pouchless one. OH has bought a few others from Lovehoney as a surprise for me, too. Got to agree that I can't fault them either. They've all washed great, unlike some other expensive stuff he had.

Maybe it IS more to do with the wearer ![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif)

My boyfriend wears thongs and I don't have a strong view either way. I like most types of undies on men but I didn't dislike thongs at all before he started to wear them, I just hadn't thought about them really. He says he like to wear them as they are most comfortable for him and it also excites him to wear them. He has some regular ones and also some small and risque ones and it does turn me on knowing he is wearing a thong under his suit at work.

I love my husband wearing thongs. It makes his bum look amazing.

He had a mix of underwear when we got together, and after we'd been together for a good while, I encouraged him to ditch everything but the thongs, as the rest were such a turn off for me. So for the last 4 years, he's been a thongs only man, and he loves it and so do I.

My hubby has mainly briefs when he wears underwear. He has a few pairs of thongs. I like them . He has such a lovely bum and a thong shows it off x

Also coming from a male perspective here but: I'm curious as to what YOU think of it? I personally wear both boxer briefs, as well as thongs and about everything in between. I can honestly tell you, there is quite a double standard where it comes to men and their clothing - especially their underwear. We typically don't have nice, comforatble fabrics like satin or silk nor do we have appetizing cuts and patterns like lace and high waisted styles. Men's clothing is generally designed to be prudish, industrial, and basically a burlap sack around our sensitive areas. Anything else and it's considered "fem" or "gay" or some other nonesense.

I am straight, happily married, and LOVE wearing comforatble clothes. I am wearing a pair of stretchy lace tangas right now and you know what? My boys can breathe, I feel sexy, and everything is supported as it should be. :) If you're worried about what it means dfor him to wear a thong, perhaps ask him about why he wants to do it. Is it a turn on? Does he have sexual interests you should be aware of? Or maybe it's purely for comfort. Personally, I prefer to buy my underwear from ***EDITED BY MOD - EXTERNAL LINK*** or, when I'm feeling sexy, ***EDITED BY MOD - EXTERNAL LINK***. If you love him, and he loves you, your main concern is to look inward and see if you feel threatened. Otherwise, let it happena and enjoy the reward.

I love to see my OH bum, he has a really nice peachy arse and I love grabbing it so when I do get to see him in a thong its just more temptation and a tease for me to squeeze it. I also do love seeing him in tight hugging Boxers(mesh ones are a really big tease). As long as he's comfortable and happy to wear them then I have no problem because he then gives off sexy vibes.

I where them all time love feel as my picture

Do any guys wear thong swimwear ?. i wore them on two beaches in portugal for the first time this year.

Less to take off and leaves little to the imagination. Sounds great ha! Iā€™d have no issue with it. And my OH has the sexiest bum so less to hinder my view.

Mr & Mrs A wrote:

Do any guys wear thong swimwear ?. i wore them on two beaches in portugal for the first time this year.

My guy wears thongs all the time as undies but not for swimwear at all. He hasn't mentioned it at all and I don't think he would be comfortable wearing them to the beach and in public and personally I would not be keen. He will usually wear shorts for the beach or briefs if it is a more private area.

As a male thong wearer it makes me feel sexy, keeps me cooling the heat and the Mrs likes it. I think chaps should be given the same opportunity to wear a range of undies like ladies are. Hope you like him in them - they are great for accentuating the bulge šŸ˜œ Mr and Mrs A - How did your beach thong go down? Ive bought one but yet to go anywhere to use it.

Reg90 wrote:

As a male thong wearer it makes me feel sexy, keeps me cooling the heat and the Mrs likes it. I think chaps should be given the same opportunity to wear a range of undies like ladies are. Hope you like him in them - they are great for accentuating the bulge šŸ˜œ Mr and Mrs A - How did your beach thong go down? Ive bought one but yet to go anywhere to use it.

no one said anything, we went to 2 beaches in portugal recently and i wore a blue one to one and a yellow to the other. later this year we are of to a clothing optional resort in jamaica. when im not naked i will be wearing thong swimwear.