Glass dildos?

Really gutted - my two glass dildo's (first ones I've ever bought) arrived today, but one of them looks terrible - the swirls looks like they've just been slapped on and it looks quite unatractive. Visual appeal is part of the deal, and this one just turned me right off. I've just come back from the post office after sorting out a return - the first thing I've ever wanted to return in nearly 2 years as a customer :-( Really disappointed with that one :-(

Other one looks okay, though colour not quite what I was expecting. Feels nice in the hand though, so will resist trying it out til Hubs is around to supervise!

MrsPx

aww what a shame well at least you will get something back or a credit note ..you win some you lose some but at least LH are a fair bunch on returns

lickmadick wrote:

aww what a shame well at least you will get something back or a credit note ..you win some you lose some but at least LH are a fair bunch on returns

Thanks, yes, the LH Returns process seems to be good - free returns and all that. I've asked to have it replaced with a different type of glass dildo, so hope that's better.

I've been 'umming' and 'ahhing' about buying some for months now, so just a bit of a let down, but out of the many, many things I've bought from LH, this is the first thing I didn't like, so that's not bad going!

MrsPx

MrsP wrote:

Really gutted - my two glass dildo's (first ones I've ever bought) arrived today, but one of them looks terrible - the swirls looks like they've just been slapped on and it looks quite unatractive. Visual appeal is part of the deal, and this one just turned me right off. I've just come back from the post office after sorting out a return - the first thing I've ever wanted to return in nearly 2 years as a customer :-( Really disappointed with that one :-(

Other one looks okay, though colour not quite what I was expecting. Feels nice in the hand though, so will resist trying it out til Hubs is around to supervise!

MrsPx

If you are thinking of exchanging it, this one is fab

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=11683

paradise found wrote:

MrsP wrote:

MrsPx

Thanks for the tip, but thats the one I'm keeping! I bought two and that was one of them. The colour seems to be a bit off-pink though - not as vibrant as in the product photo.

I like the feel/weight/shape of that one though and am looking forward to loosing my glass-dildo-virginity!

MrsPx

MrsP wrote:

paradise found wrote:

MrsP wrote:

MrsPx

Thanks for the tip, but thats the one I'm keeping! I bought two and that was one of them. The colour seems to be a bit off-pink though - not as vibrant as in the product photo.

I like the feel/weight/shape of that one though and am looking forward to loosing my glass-dildo-virginity!

MrsPx

Yes, the shape of that one is great. I chose that one on the basis of all the great reviews and wasn't disappointed. My husband has just ordered me the vibrating one, should be here tomorrow. I'm planning on using it in my sqweel holder - best of both worlds External Media

Pixieking wrote:

Microwaving a glass toy shouldn't actually do anything. I'd be suprised if it even got warm. There aren't any loose molecules in glass so unless you put it in water before you micro, it shouldn't be effected by the microwaves.

i did pick up on this =) heats up by the water particles vibrating, and theres not much water in glass =P but seeing as this isnt a science forum i thought id leave it lol =) x

Pixieking wrote:

Microwaving a glass toy shouldn't actually do anything. I'd be suprised if it even got warm. There aren't any loose molecules in glass so unless you put it in water before you micro, it shouldn't be effected by the microwaves.

Really? You've never found the temperature of say, a microwaved glass or plate to be unpredictable? Must just be me then...

wouldn't like to risk it..and would be pissed off if we broke our dotty 8 incher too ..or worst of all scorched our bits

At the risk of thread hyjack, hot plates and glasses from the microwave are caused by heat transfer from whatever is inside the glass or on the plate heating up, then it indirectly heating the container.

If you take an icecube straight from the freezer and lob it into the microwave it wont melt unless there is already liquid water on the surface. =)

Fair do's.

Okay then, a different yet extremely obvious point. You'd STILL be better using hot water, because nuking it would waste your time. :\ Presuming it's completely dry.

Either way, my bigger point was freezer = poor form.

I have just received in the post my first glass dildo. Its so beautiful =) I'm almost tempted to use it as an ornament. Haha.

I was just wondering what would be the best way to clean it after use?

Vohaman wrote:

I have just received in the post my first glass dildo. Its so beautiful =) I'm almost tempted to use it as an ornament. Haha.

I just use liquid soap and hot water

Vohaman wrote:

we put ours in the dishwasher he he, comes out all sparkly

Wonderful, thanks guys. I dun have a dishwasher, sadly. But soapy water will do just fine =)

Am already arranging for darling boyfriend to visit tomorrow to try it out.

We have an amazing one we bought from LoveHoney http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=4733 probably the best thing we have ever bought, gets almost daily use by the missus. Had it for 2 years now i think.. hot or cold it's the best thing since sliced bread!

we have 3 glass dildos and love them all, would recommend them to anyone. mrs b really gets off on them in fact she had one in her arse last night in the 69 position and came all over my face.

I have a large glass dildo 9" from amsterdam, my ex bought me it, as well as glass anal beeds and plug, the glass wont break, and the the feeling of being filled (if ure a size queen) is very intense with the large ones... relax and enjoy!

blackburnmale wrote:

I get the feeling from several posts that you have made that you ARE DEFO a size queen External Media

Im honest, ive had amazing sex with small blokes but me personally size can make the difference...

I was the same.. felt very uneasy about trying a glass one, that is until I got one in the Randon Grab Bag I ordered a couple of weeks ago, it's become one of my favourites and I've put a few more on my wishlist for hubby to get pressie ideas from.

The only thing I would say is go easy with it. Obviously they are very hard so unlike say a rabbit there's no 'give' in the end. The cold feeling is actually very nice and on the plus side they're very pretty too!