GUM Clinic - any experiences

Curvy, I think Bounce meant BEFORE she has unprotected sex with a new partner!!

Oh right!! phew! I was worried for her then!!!

Heh, I know! It does kind of read like that, but then I read it again and I was like, OH!!

what are we like?! lol.

xx

After reading that story im shocked and disgusted at the way he was treated. I have never been to a GUM clinic i have always just used the doctors for such tests. But evan there you get the leactures and i feel it makes me dread going back for yet another leacture. But the fail to realise that we obiously do care for our health as we wouldnt be there other wise, dont just waken up in the morning and think im bored i know what to do for fun il go let a doctor look up my lady bits for fun and swat around with swabs...

Luckly each time i have went i have gotten the all clear...Until one time i did have something but it turned out to me a minor infection i had contracted whilest in hospital after having my second child...they should have givin me anti biotics there and then in hospital incase i had gotten one but instead they didnt and it was unil during the testing for getting the coil fitted they found it. So i think it was them that needed the leacture that time and not me.

A mate of mine went to his local std clinic only a few weeks ago for a check up as he was starting a new relationship and was treated like shite! They gave him down the banks and lectured his arse off about sleeping around, he was dying to tell them to go and f**k themselves but held off. They were very judgemental.

His results came back all clear.

SG69

i did a chalmydia test at the doctors about a month ago. it was a male testing perso coming round the surgery waiting room asking how old the people were and if they would like a test. then as you said yes or no they breifly explained why you should havea test and what it involved, and then filled out the forms with you (name adress ect)

my only one issue with it was that it is done in an all "hush hush" voices whereas i really couldnt give a damn about it personally ( i know i am a rare case) there were no questions about sexual history ect just asking DOB and adress, you get the results back in less than a week too (was all clear though i knew it would be)

I find if u get the morning after pill (stupid condoms/drunk boyfriend) you always seem to get a lecture. When I went to the local gum clinic to discuss contraception tho they were lovely. You should always get checked out & be safe. Herpes is nasty - my friend caught it from her bf who didn't even know he had it until he gave it to her - and is on the increase. I would seriously put in a complaint about any clinics where you feel mistreated. Gum clinics are there to support people not judge them x

That is not cool! And Id check the expiry date on those condoms ;-)

I've never been to a gum clinic since i've had no need to, my friend went with her friend who had been raped but thats a completely different situation. I had assumed they were impartial and not necessarily supportive of reasons why if its cheating etc but not certainly not insulting. I've never really had an official test for stds although when I went to a completely non sex related doctors appointment she asked me to do a chlamydia test since they get paid to give out a certain amount. She said the results for that would be texted to me within 2 weeks but I never got them, just as well I hadnt any doubts of not having it.

I just dont understand how people can be so stupid as to get STDs these days, is it really that hard just to wear a condom. If you're that drunk or out of your mind where putting it on is impossible then you shouldnt be having sex anyway. This totally isnt aimed at you AA if you were thinking that although I think its weird what you did. People who have risky sex dont make sense to me, I cant think of any reason where it might be worth the consequences.

Sorry if that sounded preachy but I have issues with the whole rise in STDs thing especially as its in my age group.

I thiink the whole "preachey" thing is the NHS going for "prevention rather than cure".

But I think there are different ways of doing it and some doctors / nurses are more sensitive than others.

Oh the joys.

Ive had occasion to visit the GUM clinics of London on more than one occasion, read on for the full gory details -

Split up with my then GF and went down to Devon to house sit for my Parents when they went away, my mate phoned up and offered me the "money back guarantee" - we would go out and if i didn't get fucked he would re-imburse me the costs of the night out. Well, we met some Essex girls on a weekend trip to Torquay, my one was called Kelly. After too much drinking (in hidnsight) we headed back to my parents to engage in some filth. I took Kelly upstairs and shagged ger silly, including spending quite some time licking her pussy - something which haunts me to this day. My friend did the deed on my parents dining room table.

Well pleased with ourselves in the morning we had a good breakfast and i headed back to London, i was all smiles thinking i had gained a regular fuck to pass the time till something more serious came long... oh how wrong i was!

It started a few days after - discharge, you know the bad sort -"holy fuck" i thought, "what on gods green earth have i done to myself." Then came the feeling like i was pissing glass and acid at the same time.I confessed all to the guys at work and after much piss taking i got on the next train upto town. I went to a large walk-in GUM clinic, arriving early i joined the queue of fellow nervous looking sinners. Taking a ticket and filling out some forms i took my seat and waitied with the masses to be seen (and believe me the place was rammed, STD's have no boundaries, people from all walks of live were present and all with one thing in common - the dreaded cock (or fanny) pox.)

I was seen relatively quickly, although having to show the extremely hot student doctor my poorly penis was a touch embarassing, however the old boy with her had seen it all before though and put my mind at ease and had a good chuckle at my predicament, it was Chalmydia and i would be treated with no expected permanent problems, (co-incidentally i once had my prostate exmanined by a male doctor infront of two other hot female student doctors - suffice to say i have no shame these days.) I also had an Aids test - negative wooooooo!

I must have got quite a severe dose from dear old Kelly because i had pain in my balls which had swollen somewhat too, although the discharge did stop failry quickly after beginning anti-biotics.

The testicle pain proved a real problem and i was taking lots of painkillers and anti-biotics to get me through - i thinking getting on for 20 various pills in a day.

I think from the time it happened to being 100% back to normal was probabaly 2-3 Months and believe me i was in fucking agony.

Perhaps the funniest part of all this story is the fact that my mate also got a dose from the other lady of ill repute, but got off much lighter compared to me in terms of suffering.

Through all this i also visited my local GUM clinic in South London for retests and to see how i was getting on, overall i found there service to be incredibly good, i was never once made to feel an idiot (despite the fact i was for putting it where i did,) and the care i recieved was a true testament to the NHS. I did for piece of mind have a private ultrasound done of my balls just to check nothing had gone seriously wrong once i was all cured and better for reasons which are another story all together.

Lessons to be learned

1) Essex girls called Kelly on holiday in Torquay = Stay-away for gods sake

2) STD's have no boundaries - fat/thin/rich/poor/educated/stupid/black/white etc etc you get the picture - you wont know until its too late, dont make the same mistake i did.

3) Kellys pussy had absolutely no outwards signs of a problem - looked fine, smelt fine, tasted fine (errrrrrrr) - again dont take the risk

4) Visiting the GUM clinic isnt going to be a holiday but they are there to help, and in my experience they did so with the upmost professionalism and respect to me - I understand this hasnt been everyones experience.

I have had further experiences there which ill relate if anyone is interested,

Cheers

City Slicker

1 Like

Wow, people have had some bad experiences! I've never been to a specific STI clinic, but I've been tested at my doctors a few times....

The first time I went because I had pain during sex, I was 16 maybe 17, the doctor was awful and just said "I'll do an STI test get yourself ready"....I reiterate, FIRST TIME 16/17, wtf does get yourself ready mean? So luckily I know because I've been with my mate before when she was worried, so I "get ready" and she comes back....

she then proceeds to use an ordinary sized speculum, when my reason for being there is painful sex and I've explained to her that I have tearing. Then when I'm practically in tears as she's opening it and say to her "that hurts" she says "well it will be uncomfortable" I was livid and really uspet but too terrified to say anything so I let her carry on hurting me then left.

I went back to get my results, she said "no STI's, must be thrush" and gave me a pessary, still had pain so went back and she said "sometimes the pessary doesn't work first time" and gave me another....

So the next time I go, I ask for a different doctor, she was AMAZING, she booked me in for a double appointment to do an internal examination because she knows I'm worried, and she ordered in a smaller speculum for me, within a week I had an appointment with a gynae....

Seriously wish I had of complained about the first doctor, but I was too traumatised and upset....she also basically said that "you can't have any other type of contraception at your age" when I asked about switching off the pill....she was obviously against "young people" having sex even though I was over the legal limit! GRRRR.

Ax

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

^^ OH GOD AW! Thats friggin' horrible! ::Hugs:: Some nurses just have no sense at all!

Schibi - I understand your feelings on the "stupidity" of some people, but personally I -HATE- condoms. No matter what their advantages, I still can't stand one inside me. I also want to note that the feller with gonnoreah, I didn't actually have penetrative sex, only oral and I still caught the STI. I would actually rather be checked every so often (cuz I would do anyway regardless of using condoms or not) than having to rely on condoms. As already said, using condoms does not garentee safe sex! So I dont fully see the point. They are uncomfortable, a pain in the ass to take on and off all the time. I hate the taste and smell of them, even the flavoured ones and that taste and smell lingers for a while after taking them off. I dont like them at all and I just dont feel they are right for me.

I dont like condoms either but for one night stands especially if you dont really know the person they're a must so you just have to put up with them. For a long term relationship just get checked and then dont cheat if you're clean, then there shouldnt be a problem. I've never had a one night stand and i've never had risky sex or slept with someone who has and as a result I've never had an STD. As I said its not hard and it doesnt make me boring or anything, to be honest i'd rather be celibate than get a potentially really harmful disease.

Risky sex to me is having many different casual partners and not being too concerned with protection while doing it. As for how I find out I get to know them first before hopping into bed with them, if I dont find out through general discussion then I ask them directly. It might be sometimes awkward but it has to be done, im not putting myself as risk for an STD just for the sake of sparing myself a few minutes of being uncomfortable. Besides if you dont have any problem with your sexual behaviour then you shouldnt mind talking about it, if a guy gets really angry and defensive and refuses to have a test or even talk about it then I dont want to sleep with them anyway.

This is just how I feel so it might look like im being a bit uptight or serious etc about it but thats just how I am, I just dont like doing anything that might come back on me in a negative way.

Im certain many men are liers but you dont know me, trust me this isnt a problem. Im sick of all these guys i've known that sing my praises about how sweet, smart and beautiful I am, if I thought they were lying I wouldnt mind as much. Im the one who is likely to be the bitch treating the guys like crap to get what I want so really I seriously doubt any man could get one over me if they did then good on them since I deserve it. As I said before I get to know the guys first for a while before I sleep with them and i'd know if they are liers since liers dont tend to stick to one subject to be untruthful in and it comes out if you talk to them enough. Maybe i've not ran into the smart charmer type men since the ones that do try lying for sex are so bad it's truly pathetic especially since they think that i'll be easy and innocent just because im young, idiots.

Since when did the Sally Army take over the clinics then Sexy Get !!

TB

To throw my two pence in, I think taking the decision to have unprotected sex with a long term partner is actually really hard. And surprisingly so! It depends on your attitude obviously, but for me I found it a very strong experience when me and my ex tried non-barrier sex for the first time. Fun but way more intimate probably because of the trust involved.