Happy Passover Everyone

Happy Passover Everyone. Wishing everyone a great evening although we can’t all be with all the family we would hope to be with.

For those who don’t know Passover (Pesach) is a jewish festival from the old testiment where God send down the 10 plagues to the Egyptians who were keeping the jews as slaves. Moses (gods messenger) then freed the slaves (the jews) from Egypt and parted the sea to bring the to safety.

During this time jews cannot eat bread for 7 days as when the jews left Egypt they were in a hurry so didn’t have enough time for the bread to rise. This is why we eat Matzot. Tonight is the seder which includes a type of ceremony where families gather together (although not this year due to covid) and read from a haggadah (religious book) about the story of passover and recite prayers, rituals, and eat special symbolic foods.

Trisha released an interesting song this year about Moses. The fact that this is a cover of her own song about Jesus is iconic :joy:

11 Likes

Happy Passover Soph
:heart:

1 Like

@Sophie01 hope you can enjoy as much as possible

1 Like

Happy passover @Sophie01 :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Chag Pesach kasher vesame’ach! :hugs:

(Thank you, Google :wink:)

2 Likes

Happy Passover @Sophie01 :smiley:

1 Like

Hi, I’m not Jewish and knew little about it but happy Passover @Sophie01

3 Likes

Happy Passover @Sophie01 !

1 Like

Happy Passover @Sophie01 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Happy Passover to you to @Sophie01

1 Like

@Sophie01 thank you so much for the information. I was unaware about not being able to eat bread for 7 days - I thought it just had to be unleavened.

Happy Passover to you!

2 Likes

Happy Passover.x

1 Like

Chag Sameach! :smiley:

1 Like

edited by mod @Sophie01

1 Like

Perhaps a bit late @Sophie01 but happy Passover.

1 Like

@Sophie01 Wishing you a , Chag Pesach Samech.

2 Likes

Thank you everyone for the lovely messages. Now just counting down the days till I can eat bread again, haha. Only 4 days to go now!

4 Likes