Has any experienced supraventricular tachycardia after sex?

hi Lady Ness. glad your feeling better, sorry for late reply been a busy set of shifts..
what was up with ECG? did they say?
are there follow up tests re white cell count?

Hello,

I thought I'd update you all.

I thought it had gone away, but it started happening again. Last time was out for breakfast which wasn't fun.

They sent me for a load of blood tests the other day and I'll be wearing a 24hr ECG next week with another ECG following it afterwards.

They're still mostly hoping it's stress, although it has been suggested that as I seem to have an unnaturally high heart rate anyway, they may want to put me on beta blockers even if my heart is ok. I'm personally not sure about taking medication if I'm healthy, yet just showing something which isn't 100% for most but seems to be for me throughout my medical history, if that makes sense.

I've cut caffeine out and drinking, so hopefully that'll improve things. But I should hopefully know more next week. Apparently there are so many reasons for the heart to go funny.

I thought I'd keep you guys posted anyway.

Sorry to hear that you are still having a tough time. Sometimes there is an ablation procedure that can stop them. Not everyone is suitable but it might prevent the need for beta-blockers.

AsYouWish! wrote:

Sorry to hear that you are still having a tough time. Sometimes there is an ablation procedure that can stop them. Not everyone is suitable but it might prevent the need for beta-blockers.

I think they're now unsure what's causing it, it could be a number of things, from not having enough vitamins to a problem with the liver and kidneys. I know the blood tests were going to check a lot, although I'm wondering if they're similar to the ones I had in hospital. I'm just trying to relax. It could just be depression. I'm sleeping loads right now and just feel rather distant when I'm awake. I'm hoping they find the cause as there are a few things I want to book onto but want to know what's going on first.

What a scary experience 😕

Plenty of rest, lots of fluids, good books, films and plenty of tlc for starters. I know it can be frustrating laying around but it's important to listen to your body. Although with depression it's harder to gain motivation.

I hope you get a diagnosis pronto so things can be dealt with.

Sending positive & healing vibes along with big hugs hunni 😙💗xx

slinky binky wrote:

What a scary experience 😕

Plenty of rest, lots of fluids, good books, films and plenty of tlc for starters. I know it can be frustrating laying around but it's important to listen to your body. Although with depression it's harder to gain motivation.

I hope you get a diagnosis pronto so things can be dealt with.

Sending positive & healing vibes along with big hugs hunni 😙💗xx

Thank you. I've been sleeping loads still, going to bed with a book during odd times of the day. I had to do an exam today and my belly was jumping all over the place, it was horrid. I'm wondering if my body has also gotten confused with stomach flutters and thinking it's my heart. I guess I'll know more Wednesday. I'm just glad that exam is over. I have another at the end of the week and then I'm going to take a little break until my next one.

I hope the results on Wednesday are good news. Fingers very crossed!

I've had similar sounding SVT events on and off. I'll write some waffle here, some of it might help, or at least you'll know you're not alone.

I feel them starting with a series of really heavy beats, heart sort of bottoming out, then off it goes like a steam train with crazy beats per minute. Then a while later some heavy beats signal the event over and things go back to normal. The trigger is often hard to pinpoint, but some large chemical release is surely involved, probably related to some life event or sequence. Sex hasn't been a single trigger, but I have sometimes felt a familar feeling when in the zone and so relaxed and rested until it receeded (which obviously isn't always that easy, but possible).

I’ve been to see doctors and even A&E a couple of times. ECG, bloods and checks always come back clean and normal – apart from the crazy ass beats during an event, I’ve a couple of wild ECG graphs.

For me, getting yourself checked out is key and I think you’re obviously doing the smart thing by doing so. ECG, bloods and health checks will keep tabs on the heart and make sure it’s in good shape. A&E had mixed responses to my going in to see them every time I had an event – ambulance people said yes, A&E medics not so much... a big hmm.

I hope you get the news you’re looking for on Wednesday and beyond!

Now a slightly “preachy” bit (sorry): please don’t stress yourself if no Golden Answer is immediately forthcoming. These things can be terrifying, annoying and perplexing and take time to work out head-wise. Keep doing the smart thing and see the medics, listen to them and act on what they say. Try and de-stress as much as humanly possible(!), keep yourself in trim, eat well, continue to cut back on caffeine, sugar, salt, artificial sweeteners, booze (though I can’t kick Merlot).

Oh and smile. Always smile.

I can waffle more if you want or need. But you've probs had more than enough :)

Best of luck, Love Ady xxx

I have not had this myself but it is quite common when women have a "scrape". There is a nerve that sits right by the cervix and it can be overstimulated when having a scrape or sex. This is why there are special rest rooms for women post procedure, and why the procedure is only done in hospital. The women that experience it describe really fast heart rate, then usually faint, but with rest the heart rate returns to normal and they can go about there normal life.

Your episode is much more severe than most, but this could be due to the infection. It is a good idea to get your iron level checked as anemia will make it worse. Please rest and relax, I'm sure with a little time you will be right as rain again.

A break defiantly sounds like a good idea. I cant imagine how difficult it must be ploughing on through exams and stuff whilst going through a scary experiance. Anemia can have major impacts on the body. The sleepiness and feeling light headed are common signs of it.

I hope that you're okay hunni 😙💗xx