Hello - newbie here - be gentle

Hello and welcome!

🐼

Hello and welcome!!!

Hello and welcome!

Loving the love ❤️

thank you x

Hi and welcome to the forums xx

Hi! We're new, too. ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

I hope you are able to talk to your OH about what they don't like regarding toys. Is it specific toys putting them off, or the whole idea?

I read something years ago that really stuck with me in terms of helping to explain the use of sex toys within a relationship; We have all this pressure put on us to be the source of our partner's orgasm and pleasure, and so there can be a stigma against using sex toys because it makes some people feel insecure about their ability to provide that. But really, sex toys help to relieve that pressure. I know that I have tools at my disposable to get my wife off, since she(like a lot of women) doesn't orgasm through penetrative sex alone. And I don't feel threatened by her use of toys without me, just like she doesn't feel threatened by my use of them without her. I don't feel that pressure to be wholly responsible for her orgasm and pleasure through my body alone. Maybe if your OH can see the toys as an additional tool, it won't be as intimidating?

Hi, welcome to the forum![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

Welcome to you

Hi nice to meet you.

Thank you cheeky monkey

Hi tony

it seems to be the whole sex toy idea.

ive tried to talk about it but he just laughs and makes me feel dirty 😔

Well we won't make you feel dirty ![](upload://l9s9e23YKLHpoOzgGVeUkhZGcEr.gif)

I'm sorry, that's unfair of him. At least he should respect you enough to not laugh. I hope you feel welcome and supported here.

Hi Weezie, I'm new here too, so hi all.
Only talking from personal experience here.

I think guys are less comfortable with toys through insecurities. They assume that a toy means a vibrator and so he has competition. There are so many aspects to a great sex life and I confess LH has opened me up to that.
My wife talked about a vibrator years ago. I did myself have doubts, would she want me after she has had that. Am i not enough for her. What was my response. Laugh it off as she was joking. Now there was nothing wrong with our sex life, but it niggled my why did she ask that? I thought long and hard about it (no pun intended). Deep down I started to get an idea that this could be for me as much as her, i could use it on her and my mind started to run away. So yes the I decided to bite the bullet and get one. Yes I was that husband in a high street buying a vibrator with no clue really what I was looking for, but made a purchase and headed home.

My wife was to say gobsmacked. The first thing she did was look at it eyes wide. I must admit that look deflated me slightly, but what she did next was what i was hoping. She asked i use it on her as this was our toy. Yes we used it at first like kids with a new toy.

But what it did was allow us to open up about our pleasures and communicate them more. I think we appreciate that this was a token that I wanted her to feel pleasure. To be honest it never came out much after a while as we found more about each other thanks to this talking point. That's not to say it doesn't still have a place it does but it is not a main focus. Yes it gets used when I am away with work, but hey I'm not there.

I think guys in general have stigmas and hang ups about sex, as mainly sex is about the penis. It's a show if how manly you are to get a partner off with intercourse, so a vibrator is seen as an insult or an attack on your performance. On reading the forums I think you will see guys have deep down insecurities too.

We only recently found the LH site for lingerie for my wife. When I saw the guy undies I thought why not. My wife never thought I would wear anything sexy other than silky boxers (I admit I am no the most trendy) Again it comes down to communication.

As has been said toys and clothing compliment and add to the fun but communication is much more important.
As I say I am speaking from personal experience, and sorry if this came across as an AA meeting intro / confession.

Thank you tony x

Thank you Browncoats
Xx

Thsnk you xxxxx

Hi everyone bit nervous posting on here but need some advise off you ladies.. my profile is a true reflection of what im about ..it started as a fetish and got more and more progressive..any comments woul be welcome ..Cheers Lee

Hi and welcome to Lovehoney 😊