Help for using the new forums

Help is at hand!

If you have a question about how to use the new forums or a technical question about the LoveHoney Community, please start a new thread here

There's a forum help page here, too.

If you have a question about please contact our Customer Services team directly here:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/help/contact-us/

Cheers!

Richard

*flails around blindly*

Eh... I'm sure we'll get used to it! It looks very pretty, well done guys!

Ooh, ooh, I have a question... it won't let me upload a new image to my profile. It's not too large (48kb and it says the limit is 500k) but it's coming up with an error message when I try.

Fixies please and thank you? Or am I just doing it wrong?

Same problem here matey!

@shellyboo & BBG: Yes, that's something we'd noticed! We (I) had forgotten to install the image processing widget on the new server. It should all be working smoothly now...

Hurrah! Thanks Seb :) Now, to face pic or not to face pic, that is the question...

Oooh I do like the new look. It's good it's part of the main site now (though not for my bank balance!)

Cool, thanks Guys - really glad you like it.

Seb has a big wishlist of features to work through, high on them is private messaging.

Hold tight!

* grips computer and braces for impact *

Is a searchable members list on the wishlist? I seem to have vanished from it.

Well spotted BBG.

Here's The Members Directory - it's not searchable yet, but it will be soon.

Another one on our feature list!

As well as being able to search it, you'll also be able to browse it, so you can find reviews by people with a similar profile to you.

Should be fun!

Sounds cool!

Is that members directory correct though? From the number of posts I've made this week and in total I should be ranked on at least two of those lists. So maybe some members have gone missing in the system - or the ranking widged or whatever may be iffy. Not that it bothers me personally - I just thought you may want a heads up.

BBG wrote:

Is that members directory correct though? From the number of posts I've made this week and in total I should be ranked on at least two of those lists. So maybe some members have gone missing in the system - or the ranking widged or whatever may be iffy. Not that it bothers me personally - I just thought you may want a heads up.

Thanks BBG...

That was a hangover from the old system, where we could flag the more explicit avatars as not suitable for the front page - you must have had an iffy picture in the past! You've been reinstated now.

Although it's an adult forum, we still retain the right to remove any pictures we deem excessively explicit or offensive, especially as we're now integrating more closely with the main LoveHoney site. But we're not prudes...

Iffy? Moi?

Now you come to mention it, I do recall a brief flirtation with a somewhat x-rated avatar on a sudden whim...

Is there any policy about allowing gifs again some time in the future? They can be quite dynamic looking and add visual interest to forums I reckon. I know they're not an option at the monent.

Damn. My secret is out

Yes, I am that tortured soul - refugee from society and elusive victim of a scientific experiment that went tragically wrong... The proud body you see before you is a mere illusion, a confection of rubber created to fool your eyes and allow me to walk amongst you.

Mind you, it's great being able to take the suit off and mingle with the ladies...

_______ wrote:

Is there any policy about allowing gifs again some time in the future? They can be quite dynamic looking and add visual interest to forums I reckon. I know they're not an option at the monent.

There are a couple of issues with animated GIFs:

1. We're hosting the images ourselves now, as opposed to using imageshack before. This allows us to optimise and resize the images for the forums, and generally have control over how the site looks. Unfortunately, the resizing process strips out any animation in the GIFs, even if we save them as GIFs again afterwards...
  2. Animated GIFs can get quite BIG. Much as we all enjoyed BBG's recent avatar, it did actually weigh in at more than 320KB! Not something we want to burden our image server with... In contrast, each thumbnail on this page is about 4KB - making browsing the forums generally much zippier.

So I'm afraid there's no immediate prospect of animated GIFs being reinstated.

BBG wrote:

Damn. My secret is out External Media

Yes, I am that tortured soul - refugee from society and elusive victim of a scientific experiment that went tragically wrong... The proud body you see before you is a mere illusion, a confection of rubber created to fool your eyes and allow me to walk amongst you. External Media

Mind you, it's great being able to take the suit off and mingle with the ladies... External Media

OMG, an alter ego... you're practically a superhero BBG!

Hehe - sadly not.

Someone did once say that I'm a cult....

I had a question but I've read the thread and forgotten it.

Ah yes- what else is on the list so we know what to look forward to?

And will we be able to delete our posts - I made a right tit of myself the other week cos I misread something and got huffy over nothing lol (mind you- multiple posts up the OA rank I suppose!)

Yeah, Crayola makes a good point... it'd be great if we could edit our posts too because sometimes typos happen and some of us get a bit anxious about that kind of thing..

*twitches*

You're a typo demon/ grammar nazi too?! I luff you!