Help its nearly bikini season.

Its warming up which means bikini and skirt time so people will see my bum my very spotty bum.

How do I get a nice smooth peachy bum not a spotty bum that looks like the surface on the moon?

L

I make my own exfoliant using coconut oil and brown sugar . It works much better than many shop bought ones and smells great . I find it works best applied to dry skin - just stand in the bath and apply with your hand or a washmitt in circular motions then shower off . It can make the bath a bit slippery so take care !
I do this twice a week and find it makes my bum and thighs very smooth .
Hope this helps :)
P. S I'm 51 and my arse looks better now than it did years ago so it's worth a try .

Even more fuin if you get your OH to assist. I "assist" with my OH when she wants hers doing usually inconjunction with a massage as well .

Its also good to get your OHs honest views on it as well . You women are your own worst critics when it comes to your own bodies .

mysteron wrote:

Even more fuin if you get your OH to assist. I "assist" with my OH when she wants hers doing usually inconjunction with a massage as well .

Its also good to get your OHs honest views on it as well . You women are your own worst critics when it comes to your own bodies .

I love when my OH gives massage assistance! :D On the topic, sometimes spots can be caused by bad diet. Eating healthy (if you aren't) can make a world of difference, add proper hydration and you might just find yourself with a great looking skin all over :).

wildflower wrote:

I make my own exfoliant using coconut oil and brown sugar . It works much better than many shop bought ones and smells great . I find it works best applied to dry skin - just stand in the bath and apply with your hand or a washmitt in circular motions then shower off . It can make the bath a bit slippery so take care !

+1 very good I love doing this but almond oil is great also x

Not sure when you say spotty if you mean cellulite spots or actual acne... if you are talking about dimples in the skin that is more related to the undersurface the best ways to address cellulite would be diet and working out. Lots of water and some basic weight ttraining or resistance training will help with muscle tone. Think squats and lunges.

I also like to use a sugar scrub and use a nice cream or lotion to encourage hydration.

wildflower wrote:

P. S I'm 51 and my arse looks better now than it did years ago so it's worth a try .

I am going to try this, thanks for a tip.

I have this problem that I do a lot of biking (both stationary and "normal" outdoors cycling) and as the sweat keeps on running down my body (for 2 or 3 hours), my skin tends to get slightly irritated, particularly on my bum, and from time to time, some red spots appear. Obviously I do shower a lot and use some scrubs and mositurizing lotions (these tend to make most of the spotting) - but I am more than willing to try something else (it might be more effective). Coconut oil sounds interesting, I have never tried it before.

Mmmmm coconut oil, I love coconut oil. Both on my skin and in my mouth :D. It helps that the smell is divine too! :D

I was thinking this the other day too! It's nearly bikini season and my bum is a lil spotty too, always has been really. I don't actually own a bikini, being a size 16 and not comfortable wearing a two piece, but was thinking of buying one this year! I may try out the coconut oil idea too, thanks guys!

(Sorry I couldn't contribute, just wanted to say thanks for the spotty bot ideas!)

Getting sweaty won't help. Try to wear natural cotton, as it is more breatheable, and avoid harsh soaps or perfumed shower gels in intimate areas. I did notice in the local pound shops recently they sell a "back spray" it is a antibacterial mist that helps with back acne, if it works on bums i have no idea.

You're not alone! My sister always used to say as a kid that I had a spotty botty and if she saw it now she would still say it!

Im going to try the coconut oil and brown sugar tip though, thank you

I also LOVE the sea salt scrub from LUSH. it is a Canadian company and does wonders for this type of thing, they are also in the US, not sure about the UK.

Yes ,we have Lush in the UK - one of my fav shops, I could spend a fortune in there!

the rub of sea salt scrub is not cheap but a little goes a long way and last for quite some time.

Theres a item on this morning with gok for bikini styles for all shapes if your interested ladys x