Hi there everyone 🤗 Greetings from Norway

Male 42years living on the west coast of Norway. I’m a newbie here and are looking forward to being a member of this group.
I’m a bit of a (proud) nerd :nerd_face: so I want to learn about everything I can so if you have a fact, funfact, a life lesson, something funny etc. you want to share with me please do :blush:
If there’s something you wonder about don’t hesitate to ask me about anything and everything!

5 Likes

Great! Another international visitor. Welcome from Canada.

1 Like

Hi :wave: @TheOneAndOnlyViking
Welcome to the forum :slightly_smiling_face:

Welcome to the forum :blush:

Evening and welcome 🩷

Welcome to the forum.

Hey and welcome :wave:

Hey @TheOneAndOnlyViking … jump into this discussion - International Members

Hellooooo

Welcome!!!
When I was in high school, I new a kid who was first generation Norwegian; last name Brekke.

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Welcome. How cool to have a viking on the forum! Don’t hesitate to join in.

G’Day

Hello :wave:t2: and welcome.

@TheOneAndOnlyViking Hello and welcome. :norway::wave:

Hi @TheOneAndOnlyViking :wave:
Welcome to the forum!

My fun facts:

1. Despite what films and (non science) TV shows portray of them roaming together, the Tyrannosaurus Rex lived ~70 million years ago while the Stegosaurus died out more than 145 million years ago so we’re closer in time to walking with (or running from) the T-Rex than the Stegosaurus is!

2. The pyramids in Egypt were built 2 500 years before Cleopatra was born (69BC) so she was closer to seeing the invention of the Smart Phone than the Great Pyramid of Giza being built!

Lastly, not a fun fact but probably a fact and just a heads up, your profile photo breaks the “No nopples” rule so is likely to be removed. Have a quick look at The Great Big Photo Guide :purple_heart:

Hi and welcome @TheOneAndOnlyViking

Hiya and welcome :slightly_smiling_face:

Hello fellow nerd! Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

My favourite fact that I like to stun everyone with: “Laser” is in fact an abbreviation. It stands for Light Amplified by the Stimulated Emission of Radiation.

A fun fact about me: I learned to swim four different strokes and tread water by emulating Lara Croft. I can also swap between strokes much smoother than Lara does :wink:

Woohoo so this is our first Norwegian member! :crazy_face: hello and massive welcome to the forum sir :partying_face: