His way of showing that he loves my body the way it is?

I just spent saturday evening - sunday evening at my Boyfriends, due to us both being busy lately we hadn't spent as much time together as we normally do.
Anyway this weekend he started doing something he has never done something before, he's started kissing my stomache. (i'm not pregnant) i'm a large girl and most of the time i'm very self concious of my body. And naturally when naked infront of him i put my arms around my stomache (especially if sat down) he hates this! But he's never kissed my stomache before and we've been together for 14 months.
He's always said he never cared about my size, and that he's atracted to me, and that i'm beautiful, gorgeous, sexy etc etc... but i tend to just 'pfft' at him.
Is him kissing my stomache him showing that he does love my body the way it is? or am i reading too much into it?
It wouldn't bother me but it was very random and sudden of him. He's not normally the type to kiss anywhere but the obvious places, lips, neck, boobs.

yeah id so maybe he was just trying to reassure you that hes not bothered a loves you for who you are id take it as a positive thing hun you could always ask him why he did it

I sometimes kiss my OH's tummy and I think she likes it??!!

I think it shows that he is confident with your body and that you should take it positively....

If he wasn't sure about your body..... and was insecure about it.... he would leave or not do it. Perhaps it means that he realises that you are sometimes shy about it and that actually you shouldn't be (in his opinion).

That is his way of showing that. Smile and be happy. :)

I think it was a touching gesture from a guy who obviously cares about you. It might be s bit of a generalisation to say this but women (in relationships) tend to over analyse things and look for hidden meaning where none exists.

I know there is a lot of pressure particularly on women, to have the perfect body but your guy chose you. He's obviously attracted to you.
I have noticed when im out with my wife, that its usually women who cast a critical eye over other women. Its not the men.
Your guy is obviously tuned in enough to be aware of your insecurities and that was his way of reassuring you.

I am with Ron on this: women do overanalyze. Obviously he likes you, he likes your body, just enjoy his kisses.

Georgina71 wrote:

I am with Ron on this: women do overanalyze. Obviously he likes you, he likes your body, just enjoy his kisses.

I agree with Georgina... dont over think things and enjoy x

hun id be more than happy if my oh did that as im a big girl too and know exactley how u feel and think probably xx hun if u need a chat my email is amymarshall20@hotmail.co.uk xx

Hi corrieA,

My Oh is similar, she isnt small, I love her to bits and she was very self aware of herself, your oh is just showing you that he loves you and loves every part of you. A sure sign of affection and just loves you the way you are.

Enjoy it and maybe encourage it, it could premote things further for both of you. xx

amydb69 wrote:

hun id be more than happy if my oh did that as im a big girl too and know exactley how u feel and think probably xx hun if u need a chat my email is amymarshall20@hotmail.co.uk xx

hi, have emailed you

flash1 wrote:

amydb69 wrote:

hi, have emailed you

av just replied x

amydb69 wrote:

flash1 wrote:

amydb69 wrote:

hi, have emailed you

av just replied x

hasnt come through, got chat active too xx

I think it's a real shame that larger ladies so often have this idea that guys can't like their bodies because they aren't a size 10. As Ron has suggested earlier the critical eye that perpetuates this seems to be that of other women, not men. Unfortunately, so many times our womenfolk discount our comments and assume if we declare a preference for size 16 or larger we are just being nice and we couldn't possibly mean it.

Well, some of us, me included, really do mean it so accept it and be happy.

Gyrator53 wrote:

I think it's a real shame that larger ladies so often have this idea that guys can't like their bodies because they aren't a size 10. As Ron has suggested earlier the critical eye that perpetuates this seems to be that of other women, not men. Unfortunately, so many times our womenfolk discount our comments and assume if we declare a preference for size 16 or larger we are just being nice and we couldn't possibly mean it. Well, some of us, me included, really do mean it so accept it and be happy.

I totally agree with you here!! this is so true, enjoy that we love there bodies and take pleasure in it!!

Hey :) Maybe it is his way of saying that he loves your body for what it is and he doesn't see why you would want to hide it. So by kissing your stomach he is showing you he loves it just as much as every other part of you and that you should love it too! We all have our own natural body shapes and we should love them for what they are! x

WildThing wrote:

I sometimes kiss my OH's tummy and I think she likes it??!!

I think it shows that he is confident with your body and that you should take it positively....

If he wasn't sure about your body..... and was insecure about it.... he would leave or not do it. Perhaps it means that he realises that you are sometimes shy about it and that actually you shouldn't be (in his opinion).

That is his way of showing that. Smile and be happy. :)

I agree with wildthing on this. My oh likes to kiss my stomach too, I however hate it when hes does. I was a toned size 10/12 upper body with size 12 bottom half/hips ect...

However I have had to come to term with this, as I am pregnant and due to give birth on saturday so my stomach gets alot of unwanted attention now- add into the equation a few stretch marks and it makes it all the more unappealing now. But I see my oh looking at my naked tummy/bump when I undress for bed or come back after a shower, and he enthusiastically admires it and tells me he thinks it is and I am beautiful. I don't disbelieve him but it does make me feel a little awkward.

x

Take a look at the works of male artists from Titian to Harrison Marks and you will see that a well-rounded body with a tummy has been seen as a thing of great beauty by many men over centuries. The obsession with being thin is a relatively recent thing and seems to be promoted by fashion designers that seemingly can't design for a normally shaped woman with the active assistance of women themselves.

Bear in mind that, just as waist-to-hip ratio is a sign of fertility in women which men have evolved to be attracted to, so is a tummy - a pregnant one especially. I, of course, like my wife's tummy because my two wonderful daughters originated there. Why wouldn't it be special to me?

Hey corrie
My OH is the same, never been comfortable in the nude, always having her hands across her belly etc. We have been together (can't believe it) 19 years and her size has gone from a 10 up to a 20 but is now a 14/16 , the result of various medications,medical conditions & children.
I love every bit of her now as I did at the begining and kissed her belly before I left for work today. Your fella loves you, is happy & content with you & is expressing it the best way he can; sometimes words are not enough!

As you can see CorrieA, I am not alone in thinking that you should take this positively. :)

Enjoy this new found attention from your partner and realise that he really does adore you for who you are. Kiss his tummy back!!

thats realy cute and he oviously wants you to be comfortable around him cos he loves u and he wants u 2 love urself also i think thats great x

Thanks everyone! I never took it as a bad thing, In a strange way i did enjoy it and it did make me feel more comfortable naked infront of him after :) it was mainly the shock of it i couldn't get over.
All your comments are lovely. I agree with the comments saying that he's confident with my body, it has taken him a while but he does seem very much more confident with me lately as he's normally very shy. Whenever he wants to kiss my belly it is certainly going to be a welcome gesture from now on.

Also i agree that i can overthink and over analyse the simplest of things. I tries not to most of the time, and i'm getting better with it actually.

P.S @Ronnie-Baby - Good luck on the birth of your baby this saturday! :D x