Hobbies and other interests

Bass playing:
Been a bass player since my teens, although I had a 16 year gap after all my music gear was stolen in a burglary. In 2005 I got back into it, having managed to put aside enough disposable dosh to buy the bass I’d lusted after since I was 17 - a Rickenbacker 4003. I’ve got 6 basses now, all different, but the Rick is still my favourite.

Building and servicing valve amps:
My dad was a radio ham who built all his own gear, so I learned to solder at a young age and acquired a passion for audio electronics. If you could see me typing this and looked over my shoulder, you’d find shelves of test equipment and a wall full of component-boxes! :joy:

Other than that, I love music - my tastes are so wide-ranging, it would be easier to list what types of music I’m not fond of - and I’m a bit of a movie buff, although my interest tends to be focussed on vintage British movies or indie/world cinema.

Oh, and beer. I like beer. :beer:

3 Likes

@WelshCouple91 I’m getting into watercolour painting. Lovely hobby that makes the time disappear. Pre-Covid, I sang in choirs at a first Soprano, and did duets at the occasional folk club - I expect to pick that up again on the flip side.

4 Likes

I make pet tags (both for four-legged and human pets), write product reviews and spend quite some time on the LH forum. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I particularly like walking in the countryside with Mrs S and our dogs, and all kinds of more unusual music.

1 Like

Like baking when I get the time, and gaming on PC or console. Always been a bit of a geek! Also like eating/cooking in general and the outdoors if it’s not too cold!

2 Likes

Play and teach with the local pipeband, play dungeons and dragons (not kinky… yet…) reading, and a few others! Quarantine has been killing me with the free time! Going to try my hand at making green finger wine as well, so might need to add brewery if I survive my attempt :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I enjoying gaming, a little too much though :laughing: friday night is playstation night! :ok_hand: probably as soon as i finish work tonight, 10/11ish i’ll be on there until 4ish tomorrow morning! Tine flies when you’re having fun @chunkyKitKat :laughing:

1 Like

Music… Clubs with bands on… Motorbikes… Boots and footwear… Unusual clothing… Making outfits… charity shops…

3 Likes

On road or off-road @CurvyJilly?

@WelshCouple91 used to be able to do that, could game for 6 hours at a time back in the day! Especially on the Sims or something!

Like off road motor bikes and used to go and watch beach racing in the winter and love love love the smell of two stroke…OMG so arousing

Let’s just say that had something to do with my first ever orgasm…

:crazy_face:

4 Likes

Off road mountain bike was a manager of a football club but no more looking at re taking up fishing :fishing_pole_and_fish:

1 Like

:green_heart: :point_up_2: :wine_glass: :joy: :joy: :joy:

There is no other smell like 2 stroke @CurvyJilly :laughing: but they’re just a bloody handful to ride :-1: yeah i do like a spot of fishing @Gazza_64, what do you do, sea fishing?

2 Likes

@WelshCouple91 course fishing trying to get my son into it so when he says yes we can start in the new year hopefully :pray:

Yeah same here, took my son last year for the first time and he caught a 8/9lb carp off his own cast and he was chuffed! He couldn’t land it himself, his arms died to early :laughing:

1 Like

Lol, different thing entirely lol

Game fisherman here. Mostly wild brown trout but occasionally try for salmon.

1 Like

well beside the normal parent task (bank dad taxi service and the like) I like to make scale models(airfix and the like) but have been known to sail, parachute and clay pigeon shot among my other intrests

2 Likes

sim racing on ps4 and PC. Specially long endurance races between 6 to 12 hours :checkered_flag::grin::heart_eyes:

1 Like