Hot Wax

I've heard that dripping hot wax can be immensely stimulating, but you should be careful not to use the "wrong" wax. I'd love to give it a go - any advice? And maybe more importantly, what's the "wrong wax?????

Still waiting for some help here, people .... please!!!!

I love hot wax. It can be very intense, but oh so lovely.
If I remember correctly, beeswax is incredibly painful on skin, so I'm guessing that would be the 'wrong wax', you've heard of.

Thank you! Maybe I should begin with a tea light.

One thing I know about wax is that if you're using ordinary candles, then stick to colourless ones. Apparently the colours in the wax can really burn, so uncoloured candles are the thing, I'm told.

I haven't explored this myself yet, so take anything I say about it with a coupla bags of salt. :p

i think if your going to play around with hot wax then you should use the candles that are made for this purpose, theres loads on here to try out...

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=14008

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=16066

they all have a lower melting point which means burns won't be very bad or serious but still gives that pleasurable pain or sting people like from this kinda play. thats why these should be used instead of normal candles

Dxx

diamonds wrote:

i think if your going to play around with hot wax then you should use the candles that are made for this purpose, theres loads on here to try out...

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=14008

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=16066

they all have a lower melting point which means burns so bad but still gives that pleasurable pain or sting people like from this kinda play. thats why these should be used instead of normal candles

Dxx

need an edit button lol

which means the burns wont be very bad or serouse but be of the pleasurbale pain/sting

Yeah, I know LH sell special bondage candles which are designed to have a lower melting temperature than real candles.

There's no way I would go near anything like that lol, I cant see how it can be pleasureable, but each to their own!

I don't get this... I can understand spanking with a diminishing tingle but all my previous burns just hurt for a couple of days and it doesn't really get better....

What makes it so good for someone?

ive never played with hot wax, but ive had a read about it.

i know when ive burnt myself before with wax when moving or blowing out a lit candle that it hurt for the first part but then sort of felt nice kinda like the nice pain/sting u get when being spanked. i dunno how to explaine the feeling when i got it, but i didnt total dislike it but then it was just an accideant when its happend to me its not something i think i would look into doing.

however i do like the look of them candles carly was just talking about as they sound so lovely and they seem to be a bit differant to hot wax play

Dxx

I'm not into pain at all. Not even spanking or anything like that. I may well look back on this in a few months and laugh, but I can't make the connection between pleasure and pain. If something hurts, it's bad!

see i find spanking doesnt hurt cos im aroused it feels nice though it can hurt if he does it to hard or if im aroused i think this is probably the same for the hot wax play but im not sure so dont hold me to it :P

Dxx

diamonds wrote:

see i find spanking doesnt hurt cos im aroused it feels nice though it can hurt if he does it to hard or if im aroused i think this is probably the same for the hot wax play but im not sure so dont hold me to it :P

Dxx

Well thats the bit I get... arousal can make the pain nice

but burns last a long time, so I'm sure afterwards I think I'd just be annoyed I was burnt... a spank sting wears off quickly!

WandA wrote:

diamonds wrote:

Dxx

Well thats the bit I get... arousal can make the pain nice

but burns last a long time, so I'm sure afterwards I think I'd just be annoyed I was burnt... a spank sting wears off quickly!

well if you use the candles meant for it from what i can work out is that you wont be left with a burn as they dont get hot enoth to do this they just delivery that 1st pain/sting like u get with spanking.

and when i burnt myself by accideant it was only a small amount and so only felt it for bout half an hr.

Dxx

WandA wrote:

External Media I don't get this... I can understand spanking with a diminishing tingle but all my previous burns just hurt for a couple of days and it doesn't really get better....

What makes it so good for someone?

I think that under most circumstances, the human body is perfectly well equipped to alert us to danger by responding with pain signals appropriate to the situation. If there is exposure to stimulus which is likely to cause us harm, then our bodies are likely to respond with an urgent pain alert signal. For the most part, that kind of pain is entirely different to the kind of pain we explore with sensation play. I know it's confusing having the one word for all the different kinds of feeling, but that's just something we have to work with at the moment.

I mean think about it for a minute, how safe or appropriate do you think it would be for a person to experience enough sexual arousal during actually harmful pain sensation to seek more of that dangerous sensation? I think such a person would end up under medical supervision after much of that. Just think about it.

So there is no question of actually burning the skin for fun, because as far as I know, that kind of injury can never be fun. Most of us who explore the more diverse sensations are not some kind of crazy freaks who deliberately hurt ourselves and get off on it. Most of us are every bit as disinterested in hurting ourselves as you are, and we just enjoy certain diverse and creative kinds of stimulation.

So please keep that in mind. Thank you.

for me wax play has always kind of appealed, it is something i must be careful with though, as i used to burn when i was self injuring. and although the feeling of wax like those candles D posted is good and sexy i dont want it to slip back into self injury cycles ( which its highly unlikley i will, its something i have to keep in mind i think)

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

Yeah.. thats another problem. I haven't self harmed in 4 years except for a slip up a nearly 2 years ago when I had to have 8 stitches in my arm. But even though that was enough to scare me for life, I still get a bit worried about it from time to time. Spesh when I have the cravings for needle play etc. The best thing I found was to think what makes it pleasurable as a game. compared to real life. Like, I get off from getting piercings and knife play (lightly using a blade to stroke and restrain me) but I found it was the addrenaline rush and antisipation that got me off, rather than inflicted pain, for me.

its only been a year for me, and as the moment when i knew i HAD to give up was about a serious burn its somehting ive got to approach carefully at the time and keep reviewing as i go along. it isnt something id rule out completley but its somehting that i would have to consider seriously at this point in time. i know i like it and it turns me on,and i do agree its a totally different feeling but its something i'll always be a bit wary of

Lubyanka wrote:

So there is no question of actually burning the skin for fun, because as far as I know, that kind of injury can never be fun. Most of us who explore the more diverse sensations are not some kind of crazy freaks who deliberately hurt ourselves and get off on it. Most of us are every bit as disinterested in hurting ourselves as you are, and we just enjoy certain diverse and creative kinds of stimulation.

So please keep that in mind. Thank you.

As you described it, it is clear. I understand the pain play during a sexual situation but as I said, I find the idea of pain once out of the sexual situation baffling. It would just hurt afterwards, maybe some people like the reminder or the power and tolerance or something. I just think its one of those things outside of my realm!External Media

I guess for you AA power is a big factor in it.External Media

colours in wax are irrelevant, it hardly makes a difference, as for TEA LIGHTS. dont use them. DONT. as they arent free standing, they heat up more than necessary in the metal container, and the same goes for candles contained in glass, as they can get extremely dangerously hot. Any long stick candles are usually fine. unless they are old candles, as older candles could be made of pure parrafin which burns hotter than newer candles, which are a bland.

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

Oh, I'm not into pain. I dont personally agree with it. (gives me an icky tummy) But some people enjoy the pain factor. I just like the fear of pain, as it were.

And why does it sound like I'm being called a battery type? The Power of AA! meh..

Your name confuses me!! Avrielle_Aniko... Do you know how much I have to concentrate to type that!

Sorry anyway!