How ill would you have to be..?

... before you think to yourself "I should probably get rid of those sex-toys just in case"

I'm 46 and my parents who live a few miles down the road are in their 70s and I've only ever briefly considered it being possible that they outlive me and so they'd end up having to clear out my flat.

Now with all this covid stuff going on and myself working in the NHS (I'm not right on the frontline but I am still going into the hospital each day and do have regular face contact frontline people) it got me thinking there might be a chance (no matter how miniscule) that I get ill and end up with my folks outliving me.

Most people my age who get it don't get too ill with it but how ill would I have to be before I'd think to myself "ok there's a chance this might go bad so I'd better dispose of my sex toy collection just in case" ? and then what if it's not going that bad and I've prematurely got rid of my prized sex toy possessions?

I have a BFF who would help out if she could but she lives down in London and I'm pretty sure "emptying my friend's flat of dildos and his fucking machine" is not considered a valid reason for leaving the house and travelling 200 miles up the country in the current lockdown situation

Maybe what I should do is put all my dildos and butt plugs in box that I chuck out the window just before the ambulance arrives. Whilst the front garden would have dildos strewn accross it they wouldn't be certain that they came from my flat and then if it ended up not going that bad I can collect them up from garden later on....... as long as the foxes don't get to them first

It's a real dilemma .....

I have a BFF who would help out if she could but she lives down in London and I'm pretty sure "emptying my friend's flat of dildos and his fucking machine" is not considered a valid reason for leaving the house and travelling 200 miles up the country in the current lockdown situation

2 Likes

I wouldn't worry about it, if it happens you won't be around. Plus, there's nothing to be ashamed of, old people do it too!

Honestly I wouldn't worry. You could say this about anything. Car crash and all the other life threatening problems just to name a few. You would actually be surprised how many people have toys. I have been a person clearing out a house myself and found a load of toys and equipment...and honestly it simply went in a bag out with the rubbish. They was also the last person I would think would have stuff like that. Do u look at them and different , no of course not. Do sex toys remind me of them, again no. Please dont worry, you cant go through life thinking the worst. Stay safe & well done for doing such an amazing job. Credit to you x

1 Like

I think that by the time you get ill enough to be worried, you'll be too ill to be bothered.

Maybe keep everything in a locked box or cupboard and instruct your solicitor that this must be disposed of by someone trusted before any relatives arrive at the flat?

Good luck with your work, and thanks for all you do. OH also Nhs but not frontline.

We're in our late 60's and we've got quite a collection of toys. Wouldn't dream of getting rid of them. Let the kids sort them out when we're gone. I don't think they'll be surprised but they may be impressed.

I take this view. If anyone is clearing out your flat, you'll be dead. Therefore you'll know nothing about it and won't need to answer any awkward questions.

When my mom dies, my sister will be tasked with clearing her bedroom. She may be 80, but the picture of a topless Poldark on her fridge leads me to suspect my sister will be more apt than me!

2 Likes

Funnily enough I had this thought myself. But then was like well I’m not going to be here to be embarrassed if anything happened and sex toys would be least of a family’s concern.

I wouldn't even care if they found them now while I'm still alive 😂 But seriously, there's nothing to be ashamed of. People have toys, magazines, etc hidden in their room all the time. It's not a big deal. It's not like you're keeping anything bad or illegal.

2 Likes

I'm with most of the above....I won't be there to be bothered about it and in fact going through my treasure trove of dildos, vibrators and saucy lingerie might well provide my nearest and dearest with a few laughs at what would be a sad time!

It wouldn't be the end of the world if anyone found them now to be honest.

[Blowing dust off old thread] I’m considering doing the exact opposite - i.e. leaving my collection of anal toys and BDSM implements to a really prudish, homophobic relative who gets on my tits. :fu:

12 Likes

Love that. Leave it as a locked box so they have a big reveal.

Yaaasss! :sunglasses:

Even better if you could make it pop-up/Jack-in-a-box style. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

You should definitely do this you could even put it in your will. :+1:

The more ornate/antique looking the box, the better!

Often think about this in moments of distraction, the outcome is universally “screw it, I’ll be dead, and who cares anyway?”.

1 Like

My, at the time, very new boyfriend had to go and collect a couple of toys from my student share house when I was in hospital after a car crash (not my fault!!!) and was due to move out. My housemates knew perfectly well what he was doing there but he got them out before my parents went to clear the room :rofl:.

A decade or so later and we’re living together but if I died now he’d have a lot more to clear! Though if my parents were around it wouldnt really matter since Dad now knows I buy a lot of stuff from here as well as on occasion test and review so yeh, not getting rid :blush:

1 Like

So nobody is planning to leave them in their Will?
We’ve invested so much!
:grin:

6 Likes

I’ve also weirdly thought about this a lot, not only with sex toys, but other personal things like diaries and stuff, which I wouldn’t be too keen on anyone else seeing. Like others have said though, if I died I think this will probably be the least of anyone’s concerns and will probably give someone a laugh at least :sweat_smile:

1 Like