How long have you gone without sex?

and did it bother you?

My ex-husband and I split up shortly after I got pregnant (my decision). I then spent the next 15 yearrs bringing up my child and didn't believe in 'uncles' coming through. Over the 15 years I can say I'd only had 2 one-night stands (not when kid was around) until I met my now ex (and I think enough said about him). So, sex doesn't really bother me until it's someone I really like.

What about you?

I agree, I can go without sex (not masturbation!) for years until the right guy comes along. Although I'd rather be having sex, crappy bad sex all for him is just not worth it.

Mrs.N says: I think women can go without far more comfortably than men. I felt, the less I did it, the less I was bothered about doing it. When with my ex-husband, we could go for 3 months without doing it, (my choice), and even when we did I wasn't really enthusiastic about it.

My lack of sexual feelings towards him were so bad that whilst on a weekend break in Amsterdam, I stood knickerless gazing out of our hotel room window at the diamond quarter below, smoking a fag and telling him to hurry up as he shagged me from behind.

I have fond memories of this and can even say I enjoyed it ... only because I was enjoying smoking the cigarette ... hated the sex! LOL!

I completely agree with Mrs N.

Personally the longest I've ever gone was about a year, I was finding sex difficult during pregnancy, and once it was over I was too exhausted taking acre of a newborn for a few months. It was difficult to get myself back into the 'habit' of wanting and having sex though, but once I did I found the more I had it the more I wanted it.

Yeah, I've gone a year without when I split up from my boyfriend of five years - although five months of that was when we were still together!!

We've been broken up a 16 months now and the longest I've gone is about a month. I'm on three weeks at the minute - it's pure hell. Once I get my sex drive back up to speed, I get a little... greedy!

Since loosing my virginity? Erm... a month. (Well, if you're counting a failed attempt, then three weeks).

I have that irritatingly ability to fall into relationships one of the other lol.

7 Years

Tallboy

Im not sure how long i can go without it, at the minute i have to miss out on 2 weeks of sex at a time, but then i know we will be at it like rabbits for the 2 weeks at home.
But when i was with my x we could go weeks without it and it frustrated me so much (it was his choice not mine).
But i think its more to do with my high sex drive and he basically had none at all.

Im so grateful now that my current partner has the same feelings for it as i do.

Isn't it strange- most people expect the woman to have the low sex drive, but in my relationship it's the bloke with the lower sex drive too.

Hmm maybe 7 8 months, that was after i had lost my virginity and wanted the next time to be half decent!!! and my god it was sooooooo much better than the first.

Sex depends on your circumstances really. The hard one is how long you can go without masturbation or sex! That's almost impossible to not have any form of release! I think the time frames will come down significantly if people were to answer that question.

Mine is probably like 1 week MAX! Even that is probably too long!

i went 3 years with out sex, but now im back with my x wife i find it hard to go with out it for a week,lol.praps im trying to make up lost for lost time? or perhaps i just love her soo much.

crayola wrote:

Isn't it strange- most people expect the woman to have the low sex drive, but in my relationship it's the bloke with the lower sex drive too.

Mine were the same, always the bloke who couldn't keep up and with my ex (single about 5/6 months now) it was him that lost interest and it was awful but thats another story, so i think that was probably a good 4 months (I am not counting sex that was unenthusiastic and forced in that time) then we broke up...

its been about 6 weeks since my last 'shag' and it was rubbish but hey you can't rewind right? currently single so its batteries for me... well unless my new 'friend' becomes more than that! fingers crossed....

Oh and yes I miss it and hate been without it cos my sex drive is so high... darn me pressing the post button too early! x

pinkbeach wrote:

Hmm maybe 7 8 months, that was after i had lost my virginity and wanted the next time to be half decent!!! and my god it was sooooooo much better than the first.

Same except mine was 10months after losing virginity and the second time wasn't much better lol. I blame the first for my lack of experience and unfortunatly it was only a one night stand, the second was my GF who I loved to bits at the time, but she was a virgin so it didn't help matters.

Since both of those the longest is prob 3 months.

the longest i went without sex was 7 months while hubby was in afghanistan, beofre i was with him i never went more than a few weeks

I think the longest has to be a couple of weeks ish, after my daughter was born ,

I went 10 years (yup, you did read that right) without sex, apart from one, very unsatisfying, one-night stand, but never more than about a week without masturbating. Didn't miss sex, and didn't really see what all the fuss was about. But now I'm with my gorgeous other half, I can't go more than a couple of days without sex - never, ever had such a high sex drive! And now I'm faced with a week away without him. Going on a training course, sharing a room, so by next Saturday, I'm going to be gagging for it, even after a 7 hour drive home!

whirlybird wrote:

I went 10 years (yup, you did read that rightExternal Media) without sex, apart from one, very unsatisfying, one-night stand, but never more than about a week without masturbating. Didn't miss sex, and didn't really see what all the fuss was about. But now I'm with my gorgeous other half, I can't go more than a couple of days without sex - never, ever had such a high sex drive! And now I'm faced with a week away without himExternal Media. Going on a training course, sharing a room, so by next Saturday, I'm going to be gagging for it, even after a 7 hour drive homeExternal Media!

I like it External Media

the longest i've gone is 14 months but it didnt bother me at the time now ive ment a great guy, the sex still isnt a must thou, but wen we do its heavenly, the imtamcy ( hugs, kissies, talkin) is the most important thing (and 4 him 2, he loves to hug)