How lovey duvet are you?

Dangerous distance: loads of space between you as you sleep ... this usually translates to emotional distance in waking hours.

Thats us, although i resent the meaning, i dont like being touched when im asleep, i need my space and don't want to be woken and moved everytime OH gets up for a drink, rolls over, coughs, snores.........i prefure to think it shows we are comfortable enough with our relationship and ability to be independent when we need it that we do not need skin to skin contact continuously to prove any thing.......things like this get my back up.

missorgasm wrote:

Dangerous distance: loads of space between you as you sleep ... this usually translates to emotional distance in waking hours.

Thats us, although i resent the meaning, i dont like being touched when im asleep, i need my space and don't want to be woken and moved everytime OH gets up for a drink, rolls over, coughs, snores.........i prefure to think it shows we are comfortable enough with our relationship and ability to be independent when we need it that we do not need skin to skin contact continuously to prove any thing.......things like this get my back up.

External Media exactly the way we are missorgasm, the amount of contact when we are asleep has no impact on how much we love each other when we are awake.

Hiya! The only one we don't do is Honeymoon (I don't like hot breath on my face for long). So we're close & distant & have a relationship in good shape which we should be worried about...

Our bed position is decided by which part is coldest, how comfy we are, if one or the other of us has gas (romantic I know), if I have back ache, if we want the duvet between our legs etc etc...

I like the idea that your bed position could tell you how your relationship is doing but it seems a bit unlikely to me...

We sleep in all of the above and some of our own variations. We're usually touching at least one body part of the other when we fall asleep: feet or fingers, holding hands, head rested on shoulder etc.

xxKPxx

well i have to say that me and my hubby sleep in seperate beds most of the time. Isnore really loudly and have trouble with my breathing and he has trouble with insomnia its really improved things between us as we are both getting more sleep we always cuddle together in our bed before i go into the spare bed.

KittyPurry wrote:

We sleep in all of the above and some of our own variations. We're usually touching at least one body part of the other when we fall asleep: feet or fingers, holding hands, head rested on shoulder etc.

xxKPxx

yeah us too and if i wake and have moved to far i tend to shuffle back into his vicinty... im a bit odd though i tend to fall asleep in his armpit :|

Also, according to this analysis...DD and I are more emotionally close in winter because it's nice snuggling when it's chilly but too hot for bedtime cuddles in summer! Madness! Clearly our feelings are temperature dependent!

xxKPxx

we mix and match- some spooning, some whole body hugs and some bum to bum!!

i always worry bum to bum though that one of us will accidentally fart!!

Me and my OH don't live together so we dont get to sleep together often (proper night sleeping, not the conked out after sex kind of sleep, get plenty of that!), but when we do it's lusty spoon. We both squeeze into my single bed so it's necessary, not much space for much else. He is always insanely warm - we usually end up waking up in the middle of the night too hot and unable to get back to sleep again. On the other hand, if we had a bigger bed, I think we'd still sleep the same way.

I don't really believe in the over analysis from any of the body experts or sex experts as we are all to indivdual to be catergorised. It's all nonsense really. I get very hot in bed, we usually are bottom to bottom people.

Separate rooms for us as well. When we have visitors I end up disturbing her sleep when I come up at 1.30am, then Mini M wakes up an hour after I come in, then he wakes up for good at about 7am. This is not sustainable! So, spare room for me, and Mrs M sneaks out at weekends for snuggles. Everyone's a winner!

As far as I can see - this "advice" says, "If you touch your partner when aleep, you like them, if not, you don't"? Come on, I could come up with a better system than that!

CurlyCoupleWife wrote:

Hiya! The only one we don't do is Honeymoon (I don't like hot breath on my face for long). So we're close & distant & have a relationship in good shape which we should be worried about...

Our bed position is decided by which part is coldest, how comfy we are, if one or the other of us has gas (romantic I know), if I have back ache, if we want the duvet between our legs etc etc...

I like the idea that your bed position could tell you how your relationship is doing but it seems a bit unlikely to me...

Prettymuch totally ditto for us - I can't sleep with breath in face (don't get me wrong, I love her breath, & I love her face, just can't sleep with it, dunno why) but I think I've woken up in recent times in every one of the other listed positions.

As for whether sleeping positions can tell you anything about the healthyness or not of your sex life, I seriously doubt it. It's the bit before you go to sleep that tells you about that!

SlipperyWhenWet wrote:

CurlyCoupleWife wrote:

Prettymuch totally ditto for us - I can't sleep with breath in face (don't get me wrong, I love her breath, & I love her face, just can't sleep with it, dunno why) but I think I've woken up in recent times in every one of the other listed positions.

I'm the same actually - I can't breath warm air properly so if he breaths in my face, or I'm trapped under the duvet I really can't stand it!

I must say I like mine and WandA's system, we'll cuddle for a bit, either in spoons, face to face, legs over each other or me on my front with his arm and leg over me and then we'll switch to "sleeping" positions, which is usually facing opposite directions with bums and backs touching.

I used to sleep on my front most of the night but I can't do that now wiithout cutting off all the circulation to my arm :(

Adx

We're either dangerous distance - but my wife is like a boiler (Must admit it's quite nice at the moment with temperatures being what they are!!) so I can't do that snuggling thing.

Even on our honeymoon we didn't sleep in the honeymoon position!!

We tend to start off with my OH nestled in that gap between my chest and arm and then go to dangerous distance when I get too hot!!

How do interpret this for a couple sharing a single bed?

Bottom to bottom for us to sleep after going through just about all of the positions before settling down properly. If we've got the luxury of a double bed (single bed for now) we usually spread out to the 'dangerous distance' if it's warm just because it's so novel to have space, if it's cold then it's back to bum to bum, possibly through habit.

I can't stand feeling breath on me, and end up using my hair to stop it getting to my neck if we're in spoons.