I don't think I'm ready for this jelly

I’ve had a look at the forum on the topic of jelly toys and now I think I may have made a mistake. There’s much talk of how jelly toys are porous, hard to clean and bacteria nests of infection and misery.

I bought this double digger for use as an anal toy and now worried that’s a really bad idea and I’m out of time for the happiness guarantee return.

Is PVC the same material as jelly toys but with a different name or is it a different material?

I thought PVC was safe and jelly was something different, though someone who knows more might put me straight!

1 Like

There are a couple of good links here with more info about the different sex toy materials: :+1:

https://lovehoneyforum.com/t/dildos-problem/258342/2

The Happiness Promise is 60 days at the moment (just to check :slightly_smiling_face:).

ETA: I’m sure that guide had a pvc section? Let me see if I can find something else. :+1:

I don’t have this specific toy and do tend to stay away from PVC and Jelly toys - I usually go for silicone, glass or steel as I know they are safe. PVC and Jelly are both in the “rubber” catagory but are different materials.

The one you have bought says it is body safe, and says it is Phthalate-Free so it should be okay but I wouldn’t like to say for definite. If you are worried but out of any timescales to exchange you could always use with a condom to be safe :+1:t2:

Sorry I’m not much help!

1 Like

Try these:

We mainly stick to silicone and glass (and a touch of steel) so don’t know a lot about pvc and jelly, but I like dangerouslillys blog. It’s a little old, but still useful. :+1:

1 Like

Thanks @Ian_Chimp, had a look and can’t see PVC listed.

On a brighter note, I now have Kenicke’s PVC song in my head “PVC / It’s my favourite plastic / as it’s nice and shiny / and completely waterproof”

I could’ve sworn there was a section on PVC, and the real feel stuff. Maybe I linked to an old version? I’ll investigate. :slightly_smiling_face:

Crap. Found PVC on the first blog as a big no no. May need a chat with customer services. Bought on 1st July so maybe still in time.

Quick maths says you’re on day 55. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

According to customer services, the happiness guarantee is 30 days :scream:

They are extending to 60 so still in time. Not clear if it will be a refund or exchange. Better get to the post office soon!

It says it’s 60?

Sex Toy Happiness Promise

If you’re not completely happy with a sex toy you have bought from Lovehoney, let us know why within 60 days of receiving it and we’ll give you a full refund

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/help/returns-policy/

I know, right? Anyway, off to post office I go.

1 Like

Side note, in packing it away I saw the box states it’s a novelty for external use only :unamused:

Another side note, can we pin the links on safety to the forum?

I’m not 100% sure what you mean, but you can ask @Lovehoney_Brenna. :+1::slightly_smiling_face: