I think I'm done with bikini waxes

Oh, sugaring. I didn't even think about this.

I was bruised from my waxing experience, so that may not be revisited!

Lovehoney - Leanne wrote:

Oh, sugaring. I didn't even think about this.

I was bruised from my waxing experience, so that may not be revisited!

bruised ??!! what in the hell are these people doing in salons šŸ˜ŸšŸ™ˆ should definitely not have been bruised leanne that is bad ..... sugaring is intriguing though.....

I mentioned it and she said it is because we are more sensitive in pregnancies.

I won't be doing it again, the bruising was quite sore. Was hoping to have it done before birth but that has put me off, don't want to add more discomfort! haha

@Leanne - Ooff. Sorry to hear that. When I had my first wax, I was sore for a few days and the salon lady said it was just because it was my first wax. The other times were nowhere as bad but I still can't justify going through it for a few days of smoothness.

Sugaring does seem interesting, though. If the IPL route fails, I may give that a go.

Pardon my ignorance.

If sugaring is essentially the same as waxing, why would it last longer?

The Woodie wrote:

Pardon my ignorance.

If sugaring is essentially the same as waxing, why would it last longer?

That's a good point, actually. I've just looked it up and it says they last about the same amount of time before new hairs grow. Oh, well. It seems that sugaring is the better option to go with as it's less painful than waxing.

I'm still gonna stick with my IPL machine for now, but I definitely won't be going back to waxing.

Leanne, I epilated during my first pregnancy right up until I couldn't see what was going on then my poor husband was given the job. I found my hair grew faster during my pregnancy and I started getting uncomfortable and sore so gave up. I was high as a kite during the delivery, I could of had a unicorn reciting Shakespeare down there and I wouldn't have noticed šŸ¤£ Keep yourself comfortable as possible. Last thing you want is irritation on top of the whole giving birth malarky.

Sugaring is my choice . We do it at home and make our own mixture . We also make our own coth strips out of light colored thin flannel . It takes some practice to cook it to the right level of color and then we have a heated machine to maintain temp. Both things are very important . I would not even call it pain , just momentarily uncomfortable . I can do most of my cock and balls , but my wife does lower and my bum . I do think the hair comes back slightly thinner each time . For me it takes about 2-3 weeks to grow back enough to do it again . Wearing thongs and g strings is way more comfortable .

Oh , I forgot to add my perfect temp is 118-120F .

I Know this thread is old but just came across is.
I used to get Hollywood waxes every month for about 2 years until I got fed up of it. Luckily for my 18th birthday my parents treated me to Laser hair removal.
I recommend it for anyone who doesnā€™t like body hair on themselves and is looking for a permanent solution. Price was about Ā£1000 which is probs the same price as 2 years worth of waxes so in my wind totally worth it!

3 Likes

I started this early last year (but only managed 4 sessions so far due to Covid :cry:) - how many sessions did you need in total? Have you noticed any regrowth at all if you donā€™t mind me asking?

2 Likes

I had a total of 8 sessions and now I pretty much have nothing. I get the off single hair every so often (which is normal as laser is only supposed to be a 95% reduction, not 100%)
Apparently you are supposed. to get a touch up every year or something to keep it bare but Iā€™m not too sure. x

1 Like

@Sophie01 I have been thinking of laser as well any info would be good

1 Like

@Sophie01 is advisable to rim.before you ho for later as at the mo I have a full bā€¦h

I also prefer sugar waxing ( at home ) . Though with grandson living with us for some time , it is not really practical to be naked out in the living room for the wife to assist . So I have been using Magic Shave Powder . It is cheap and works well for me , especially for doing areas I can not see ( bum ) and taint . In my fantasy I have all my crotch hair removed and it never comes back . See my mask picture , smooth ! Anybody do laser ?

I used to love a Hollywood wax, loved how it felt after and If I mind right it was smooth for a wee while. I had to stop though as I discovered because it was so invasive it was giving me thrush every time. I now find that shaving has the same effect so Iā€™m down to trimming short as I can and shaving along the knicker line. Still not ideal though, the itch from regrowth is terrible!

1 Like

I think you mean remove hair. If so then yes. Before each appointment your are required to shave the area (not wax is this will remove the hair follicles). If you donā€™t shave beforehand then they will turn you away and you will have to book another app.

1 Like

@Sophie01 hi thank you for the info sorry for the typo should have said trim not rim hope you are keeping safe and well

Iā€™ve waxed for ages and usually go a month or two between. It doesnā€™t grow back too much in this time but I would love to get it all lasered / IPL so it I didnā€™t have to go through the waxing routine.

Thank you thatā€™s really helpful. Yeah, thatā€™s the information Iā€™ve been given too. Iā€™ve been advised itā€™s usually between 6-12 sessions, my bank has its fingers crossed for the lower end of that :joy: Iā€™ve been considering getting an at home IPL for afterwards so I can do the top ups myself - I know theyā€™re no where near as strong as professional laser but wasnā€™t sure how often it would be needed, so really helpful just to get an idea about how much will be needed etc. Slightly worried Iā€™m gonna feel the need to do whole body if it works well!

1 Like