Idea to help Brenna with picture threads

@Lovehoney_Brenna -

I’ve just done it again: seen someone’s photo in one of the picture threads and immediately posted a (text only) response to it in the same thread, like I would on any other forum I belong to - it’s 2nd nature! Of course, I should have responded in the associated chat thread …but I only twigged this fact AFTER I’d hit “Submit” on my reply, by which time it was too late: the post was no longer available for me to delete and you ended up having to moderate/approve the thing, even though it contained no images.

I have an idea. I don’t know how easy it would be for the LH site managers/tech bods to implement, but here goes…

Whenever someone composes a post in one of the photo threads, when they hit the “Submit” button, there’s an extra stage in the process. An info box pops up and says something like:

“You are about to post in a photo thread. Does your post contain any photos? If not - if you are merely responding to a photo post from another member - please hit ‘Cancel’ and re-post your response in the relevant chat thread [LINK TO THREAD].”

The user would be given the opportunity to cancel out of the submission process and post in the right place - thus saving you having to moderate posts that haven’t any pics in them. :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

I had a little look to see if it was something I would be able to add, but no dice. I shall pass it on to the techy humans to see if there is something they could do! Good idea! :smiley:

9 Likes

I must admit it’s very easy to respond to a pic without realising it!

3 Likes

I concur @WillC

2 Likes

Seems like a lot of us have done it then, not just me - see a fantastic photo and get carried away with a response…

1 Like