If we made a new forum, what would YOU want from it?

Hi Nick I do really like the forum it’s great to be able to chat about sex and ask questions and get guidance from others with more experience. It’s really good just to get someone else’s viewpoint sometimes.

I love the games and fun stuff, but hate the “how big is your dick” type of stuff. Maybe there could be a separate page for games, another for advice! So if your just popping in and want some advice you know where to look/post and if you just want to play a game or two you can do that easily too.

You all do a really good job of keeping the forum going. Thanks a lot

Thank you Nick for doing such a lovely job and thank you for asking for our input. I think that the previous comments have more than covered it. We as a couple love the forum and these little improvements ie search . Friends updates and messages when someone has added to the forum would be so helpful. X

I'd quite like something accompanied by an app. Tapatalk used to be good but took a rough turn some years ago, but that kind of thing. It'd make notifications easier for sure.

I love it the way it is! Although I would like a notification that someone has replied to my post or comment

I've been here a long while. Life gets in the way and I'm not as active as I once was. That's in no way a reflection of the forum. I do hope it doesnt change too much. For the most part I like it how it is. I'm used to it.

Lots of good suggestions so far but for me the best part is that it is open and non judgemental. There is no private messaging and total anonymity. I would never come on the forum if it became a seedy chat site.

Hi Nick, I love the forum but I think a few amendments would make it even better for us! I personally would prefer it if the forum was on the menu bar- I don’t know if this makes a difference but I always log on with my mobile and it would be easier if I didn’t have to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page. Again with the different forums, I find they are at the bottom underneath recent activity but I think they would be easier to join in if they were located somewhere at the top possibly where the join the community and sex toy testers link is. I just find myself scrolling down then up and getting lost quite a bit! Repeating what others have said I would like notifications if someone had replied to something I had said because the conversations can move on rather quickly and sometimes miss the chance to join in again. This might be too personalised but to display recent threads you have taken part in when you log on to the forum so you can continue to read/ take part rather than scrolling through if new threads have been added. I don’t know why but I really don’t like the army ranks, sorry!

For me as a long time reader, rare poster, the main thing is (as some others have said) to not sacrifice anything that already works great for additional features. One thing that would be really interesting and I'd engage with is to have some linkage between the forum and the product reviews, so we can build up some dialogue around different products. I feel there's a real missing link between the research into products that we all do and the single-shot nature of the reviews we leave. That's probably super hard to implement, but is definitely something I'd enjoy :)

I’ve been here for quite a long time, although not as active at posting recently (life getting in the way and all that) I like the simplicity of the the forum and wouldn’t want that to change. What I would change is I’m sure you used to be able to get to the forum from the menu bar..... now that you’ve got to find the forum at the bottom I keep losing the link to get to it. Please put it in the menu bar. I know I’ve had issues in the past with trying to edit a post immediately after posting it. Can we not have the ability to edit our posts at any point without any time limit etc. Perhaps a rethink/ jig around of areas.... as some have all sorts of posts in them. Could we organise it better some how? I think the ranks has always been a good thing, I’d definitely say please keep those! But could the different ranks give different things? Even if it was a different colour text depending on the rank etc

I wouldn't change anything.

The only extra I'd like to see is Lovehoney blog activity on my profile page (eg. comments I make on the Lovehoney blog showing up with the rest of my posts).

lovelylumps wrote:

I love it the way it is! Although I would like a notification that someone has replied to my post or comment

Yes, I second this. That would be a great feature.

Some interesting ideas on here. Definitely agree with the lik/upvote idea. Sometimes you just want to agree with someone not add another comment. One thing i disagree with is the ability for individuals to change the font/colour/size of their own text. There will be many of us on here who would struggle to access/read a changed font/colour/size due to eyesite problems including Irene's or limited vision. Let the reader adjust but not the poster please.

I don't post much, I'm more of a lurker/reader.

However, I'd agree with a lot of the above, but specifically would ask that the historic posts are transferred, as there is so much good information and history on there that it would be such a shame to throw that all away.

Keep up the good work!

Is It me or does spell check not work or Flag words why is this on my laptop buy works on my phone?

Thumbs up icon or smiley face if you agree/like

Maturecpl wrote:

Thank you Nick for doing such a lovely job and thank you for asking for our input. I think that the previous comments have more than covered it. We as a couple love the forum and these little improvements ie search . Friends updates and messages when someone has added to the forum would be so helpful. X

very much agree with this 👆 Also as already suggested I'd like to see a LIKE or ❤ function so you can use these to comment on a post, photo or review. Also notification when someone LIKES your posts etc.

Hi Nick, nothing really to add just to agree with previous suggestions already mentioned like a notification when someone has replied to your post also the smiley/thumbs up when you agree with a post. X

I think we need to be careful what we wish for! Notifications could be a bit of a pain as lots of people access and comment at all times of day. I don't want a Lovehoney notification to ping up when I am at work for example.

How about a dedicated info area alongside the 'Inside Lovehoney' forum? Somewhere relevant staff members can add information threads without them being open to further comments. I'm thinking for threads like the Secret Tester FAQs, the Important & Polite notice about the images you upload..., and the New Rules... (which contains the examples of gratuitous language), to name a few. Having them popped in their own little subforum would make them much easier to find and link to when necessary.

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/inside-lovehoney/1564322-important-and-polite-notice-about-the/

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/sex-tips-and-talk/700919-new-rules/

AsYouWish! wrote:

I think we need to be careful what we wish for! Notifications could be a bit of a pain as lots of people access and comment at all times of day. I don't want a Lovehoney notification to ping up when I am at work for example.

Hopefully they'd make them optional. 🙂