In grown hair!

I usually don't shave my bikini line just trimming it a little. I went swimming about a a month ago and had to shave as my bikini bottoms where a little small. I got an ingrown hair and now i think it is infected as there is a lump the size of a pea under the skin and its so painful!
Any advice on how to fix it!

use a pin to pull the hair out the skin and pluck it out. it wont be infected, the smelling will be your body trying to protect itself, like when you get a blister, it will hurt because the cells are under a lot of pressure, try and squeeze as much of the puss out as possible

Your doctor can give you some anti-biotics to get rid of the infection. I had one once in that area and it does hurt! I was given some amoxicillin and it cleared up within a few days.

if you dont want to go to the doctors you can take a bar of soap and shave a little of it off, then add some sugar and mix it in to a paste. Apply the paste to the ingrown hair / infected area and cover with a plaster or bandage and leave it overnight. The swelling and tenderness should be gone by the next morning for the most part allowing you to then remove the hair. Always works wonders for my family and myself.

I get cystic acne all over my groin, hurts like hell :( popping isnt good your underwear will stick to you and cause a sore that doesnt heal as it gets ripped open every time you wee, definitely see a doctor, get some antibiotic tablets and cream.

Allurement wrote:

if you dont want to go to the doctors you can take a bar of soap and shave a little of it off, then add some sugar and mix it in to a paste. Apply the paste to the ingrown hair / infected area and cover with a plaster or bandage and leave it overnight. The swelling and tenderness should be gone by the next morning for the most part allowing you to then remove the hair. Always works wonders for my family and myself.

this is amazing! am going to try it!

DO NOT PICK IT! Don't touch it or attempt to break the skin at all! You're running the risk of a worse infection, and permanent scarring. The puss is your body's way of trying to protect you. I totally agree with Allurement, but usually when I make this paste (usually for splinters) I use sugar, soap shavings and breadcrumbs mixed together into a paste with a very small amount of water. I find it useful to make it in a egg cup so you don't spill it all over and its easy to make a small amount while still being able to get it out.

It's amazing how well it works, if the infection is bad, you may have to repeat it for a couple of days but it should definitely work. When I get splinters that are too deep to get out, sometimes it takes about 2-3 days but it softens the skin and removes the puss and brings the splinter to the surface. So simple yet so effective!!

put a hot compress on it, will help take the soreness away and drew the crap in it, out

I get quite a few (but waxing definitely reduces the amount compared to shaving). Normally I just give them a gentle squeeze and try and work the hair out (usually quite easy to do) - I just push it in the direction I think it should be until a bit is poking out, then I whip it out with tweezers. Squeezing out the puss and washing the area well tends to lead to no more problems.

I wouldn't normally recommend bothering with Antibiotics for something like this (they are over-used in my opinion), but yours does sound quite big. I'd say if it doesn't squeeze easily and really hurts- then stop! Also, are you sure it's an ingrown hair? I've had it before when it was actually a cyst so squeezing hurt like hell and I did need medicine. If it is ingrown you can normally see the hair under the skin and squeezing shouldn't be too painful (well, for me anyway!). Good luck!

Yeah I'd agree, don't prick it or squeeze it. there's a couple of things you could try, hot water on a cotton ball and keep it there for a few minutes, do this a few times and it will draw it out, or Magnesium Paste, easily got in a chemists and it does the same by drawing the hair or puss to surface.... In terms of stopping them, I got this tonic called Ingrow Go by Skin Doctors, works really well.... I used to have serious problems with them, nightmare for a man, ended up just not clean shaving and just trimming to stuble, was even just bad elsewhere I had to get surgery twice.... The main thing with ingrown hairs is not to poke and prod and dig at them, can cause worse problems and of course scaring.

Leave it alone. After a few days it will go on its own. Putting a pin in it will leave it to scare and is very painful to do. In the mean time
Wear some lose knickers to avoid them running on it. You could always apply some germeline if not to close to your lady bits.

Just one more thing I have read a while back, if it is a hair, and you do mangae to get it to break through the surface so it is no longer ingrowing, then avoid plucking it out immediately.

The area will be very sore and by plucking the hair out you are exposing an open pore to further infection. You may get a tiny scar or scab growing over then wound, so small you may not even notice its there. What this does is restrict the new hair from growing through, hence becoming ingrown again.

Just let the little bugger be for a few days until the skin has healed and then whiop him out with some decent tweezers - just dont break him off in this process - so annoying!!

Just Jenson wrote:

Allurement wrote:

this is amazing! am going to try it!

Yeps, works for boils, infections around the nails / nail bed, splinters - all sorts :D