Interesting side affect of losing my sex drive

What I've noticed , is that , despite losing my sex drive , I seem to love women even more . I love being with them ,and sharing conversation . For some reason ,they seem to like me too (at work ,anyway ) . The other day , a group , in the office were going for a girly Friday night drink , out f the Blue , one of them said "Why don't you come along ?" I accepted the invitation ,and had a very pleasant evening I wonder , do women "pick up" on the fact that I'm not interested in sex with them , and love their company ? I'd be interested to know what people think

Interesting.....I would guess that maybe you aren't giving off as many of the pheromones that we are all supposedly (subconsciously) interacting with? There was a link to a Tracey Cox article about pheromones on the LH twitter feed yesterday describing how we are all taking cues from each other in this way.

It’s probably because your more focused on the conversation and taking more interest than scanning over things to hopefully get between the sheets. A lot of people don’t realise how desperate they come across when they get horny or a really high sex drive and it can be really off putting from both sexes. It’s similar to when I was single vs being in a relationship, now I’m with a long term partner I find I have more female friends and can have a proper conversation without things going weird. But I also find “lad banter” when I’m in a relationship makes me cringe hard and I can’t really deal with it, so I hang out with males less and females more.

LIL_KNOWN69 wrote:

It’s probably because your more focused on the conversation and taking more interest than scanning over things to hopefully get between the sheets. A lot of people don’t realise how desperate they come across when they get horny or a really high sex drive and it can be really off putting from both sexes. It’s similar to when I was single vs being in a relationship, now I’m with a long term partner I find I have more female friends and can have a proper conversation without things going weird. But I also find “lad banter” when I’m in a relationship makes me cringe hard and I can’t really deal with it, so I hang out with males less and females more.

Couldn't have said it better myself. As a female that has ALOT of male friends I absolutely love it when I can have conversations with guys and not have to worry about whether they are trying to get in my pants- especially now I am married. And absolutely, lad lads that are super horny are just so off putting!

It's almost like you start seeing us human beings 🤣

It's Very interesting - being more focused on conversation etc I'm sure they have noticed as a female can be off-putting when just being watched and eyed up. Actually talking and seeing the person's personality instead

And as part of the Male race in this world I am Sorry for some of the behaviour 😂🤣. In all seriousness I have been to a pub/club and had single friends who honestly can’t control themselves when it’s been a few weeks without female attention. They don’t even realise how weird they are acting so I guess it’s just something that’s triggered 😅. I love having mixed friends and being able to get female and Male points of view on subjects.

Totally agree with what LIL_KNOWN69 wrote! I'd also like to add that it isn't always obvious things that a person says or does. We humans tend to subconsciously pick up on tiny details, like tone of voice, small clues in body language and eye commonucation etc. These are hard to control and 'hide', so now that you are not interested in them sexually, you are not giving off these signals at all, and they see it. ;)