Introducing new partners to your LH alter-ego

Yep, that. Has anyone moved into a new relationship and told their new partner about their LH profile? How did they react? Were there any issues with the new person taking issue with any of your reviews (with them potentially mentioning sex with your ex)'...

Did anyone feel it best to leave the old username behind and start completely afresh on LH with your new partner?

Just after everyone's thoughts on all of the above :)

Happy New Year btw!

Sometimes it may be best opting for a new username should you tell a new partner. Otherwise they may just start looking at past threads of which there could be something there, that perhaps you would rather not let them see, involving previous relationships. The decision on this will be down to yourself of course.

Just to say that if anyone here decides to set up a new profile for a new username PLEASE contact me or customer care firstly.  Especially if you have or want to be a Lovehoney tester. 

As you can imagine running two or more accounts with us would be a huge issue when it comes to testing and can conflict with moderating members, so it is massively frowned upon. 

We can always work something out just let us know :D 

Lovehoney - Leanne wrote:

Just to say that if anyone here decides to set up a new profile for a new username PLEASE contact me or customer care firstly. Especially if you have or want to be a Lovehoney tester.

As you can imagine running two or more accounts with us would be a huge issue when it comes to testing and can conflict with moderating members, so it is massively frowned upon.

We can always work something out just let us know :D

Wow, Leanne - I have to say, NO other business is this helpful!!! Just another example of how LoveHoney and their staff are the absolute BEST!!

Sex Squid - You're in an adult relationship, My love, so any new partners should behave like adults! If they wanna go reading your reviews from when you were with another partner, then they have to bare the consequences. Sorry if I sound unempathetic on your new squeeze, but hell, it's not the 50's, we live in modern times, people have multiple sexual partners!

I think I'd just say (if you really must share your username with anyone) I use this site, lovely, my username is this, I have written several/lots of reviews of toys, from when I was with insert name - we had a great sex life which won't/doesn't reflect on our sex life which may be incredibly different - so if you read anything that offends you - sorry - but it was in the past.

New partners shouldn't make you want to hide your past from them - things will inevitable crop up if the relationship goes long-term... one of you'll mention an ex and summing you did in bed with them - always happens! (to me anyway!)

I found myself in this situation. I told my new partner about the site but he hasn't asked for my username. I'm not sure he'd want to read reviews which included my ex to be honest but if he did ask I'd tell him.

This is why I picked a username hard to find :D

But in all honesty, there are a handful of people in my life who know I am active on here and one who knows my username so they see my reviews and may possibly see my comments in the forum. In my experience, they are cool with it and I get awesome birthday presents because they see my wishlist.

I write with the thought in the back of my mind that nothing on the internet is private.