Is sex better drunk or sober?

Is it more fun after a couple of three G&T's or does stone cold sober work better for a good sex session?

I think this all depends on the person and what you are after. I use to be very up for going out drinking one night stands and this worked well with working abroad. I use to get of on trying to pull having banter and experiencing new things. I also think I learned a lot in bed through this and experimenting. However these days I am a lot more chilled out settled and in a relationship. I don’t feel like I need to be drinking for better sex and it’s a lot more intimate sober and brings a closeness to the relationship sober and I’m enjoying learning new things with my partner and finds it means more. I’m happy I have done what I have in the past but also settling and adding it into a relationship. Experiencing new toys and kinks add to our relationship and normally have sex sober

A couple of drinks help loosen inhibitions and enhance the experience in my opinion, but obviously too much can ruin it.

3 Likes

For sex with myself, sober works best. For partner sex, I prefer to be drunk. As WillC said, it loosens inhibitions and I don't have to think much. I heard that alcohol doesn't pair with sex very well as it dulls the senses a bit, though. Hmm...

A beer or 2 helps to get things going but better keeping in control

1 Like

For me, sober.

I want to feel every single sensation without an alcohol filter.

We really don't have any inhibitions left to lose ![](upload://nXzNBAACFMemirV1148YTO7ENey.gif).

2 Likes

For me Sober 100%, every time I agree rockstar I don't want anything filtering the sensations.

1 Like

I prefer sober compared to drunk, a beer or two is the perfect middle.

Ironically that said I love 420 sex, as it just seems to make me even hornier.

3 Likes

I much prefer sex when sober.

Or hungover, actually. I'm always insanely horny when hungover... ![](upload://rA41UoqYzU9yrgGiJUyzuRc98GV.gif)

I think there's positives and negatives to both.

If it weren't for a drunken romp one night we might have not had an indepth discussion about our fantasies and willingness to try new things, but equally it's not normally very fulfilling, I don't think either of us actually orgasm but we do tend to be a bit rougher.

Sober sex can be much more connected. We are both into most things so it's not like we need to loosen up with a bit of Dutch courage.

1 Like

I tend to find I last longer when drunk (guessing that's the numbing of ht senses), which sometimes feels great for me but OH isn't always keen on that

Depends on the partner and the mood.

It's not a good idea with a new partner, someone who gets drunk really easily or someone who isn't themself or can't make reasonable decisions when drunk (or buzzed).

Furthermore, sometimes alcohol enhances the experience for me while other times it dampens it out. If I feel it's the latter, then sex and play aren't that good.

That being said, during most (but not all) of the times I've had the best sex ever both of us were buzzed. It's a very delicate balance though, that's why I consider it edgeplay. :/

1 Like

Very true Smultron!

I second that Will c

I prefer sober, as the feeling is far more intense.... And close...

Sober for me as you get more sensations

I prefer sober. If I’m drunk, I just want to cum whereas if I’m sober I’ll pay proper attention to what I’m doing and make sure my wife does before I do- and properly. I do understand how other prefer being a bit loser and having less inhibitions. I’ve probably had the kind of sex I want more when like that

Sober, maximum 3 drinks. I wake up with such a feeling of regret after drunk sex, even though it's my husband.

I prefer sober but my partner has commented I’m more keen to be kinky when I’ve had a drink lol

I'm more kinky when drunk and more open to ask for things.