Keeping fit

I either go for a run (5K haha am no marathoner) or do a fun HIIT/pilates workout on any day where I am not doing: a group aerobics class (Mon), yoga (Fri).

2 Likes

I have a expertise bike for the fit part though mainly iā€™m a dork or dances and bounces around a lot, outside of that when they lifted the restrictions here(New Hampshire in the states) I started hitting the lakes for kayaking and swimming. Plus vigorous fun with my boyfriend too helps to stay healthy which is my goal always not weight loss etc but being as healthy as I can.

The mental health is a struggle but always has been, I have zoom sessions with my therapist and have been making sure to do what I can for extra self care. Also cuddles help a lot too from one of the 3 dogs my parents have or the boyfriend.

1 Like

Iā€™ve worked throughout so it hasnā€™t affected me too much, and thatā€™s mostly what I rely on for exercise. I average about 15k steps a day when working. Iā€™d like to do more and get other forms of exercise in but itā€™s getting into the correct headspace which is an issue for me at the moment.

1 Like

Chopped and sawed wood to keep me warm for the winter :fire:. Just 10 - 15 mins here and there to grab some fresh air and increase the heart rate. Run a bit, walked a bit
:evergreen_tree: :deciduous_tree: :evergreen_tree:

6 Likes

I have wfh since Feb and it is dreadful for mental wellbeing. Lot better now can go to gym and exercise properly and get out into the hills for long walks. Also I now take a 30 min walk before and after work to simulate the break from work to home. Find it incredibly difficult the lack of proper human interaction due WFH. Just try to get out and exercise as much as possible to stay sane (& fit). Not looking forward to a winter of lockdown and wfh :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

@Melody1 :joy: at start of lock down I chopped every log I had in the woodshed as didnā€™t have the gymā€¦ was a great workout but probably now have enough chopped wood for the entire winter :joy::joy:

3 Likes

Wood keeps you warm three times: Collecting, chopping and burning.
It certainly warmed me up chopping yesterday lunchtime after sitting still for way too long and not realising how cold I had become

1 Like

@VanillaWithSprinkles Himthat a start I usually do 5k every sat park run im cardiff

Oh my friend tried to talk me into doing the Bute park one on a Saturday morning with him but I couldnā€™t commit to waking up that early without a hangover every week :wink:

2 Likes

Most days i have been taking my dog and niece for a walk, if all goes well its nice but i dont call them the terrible 2 for nothing :confused:
If im honest ive been procrastinating about my fitness, my gym re-opened but im wary of catching anything etc.

Mental health i have always struggled with and some days it feels like its getting worse

2 Likes

Thats the one I do i hate being mot able to gonto bute parkmfor a run or walk you ok

I love Bute but live nearer Roath so tend to go round the lake instead. Iā€™m not too bad thanks, already bored of lockdown and itā€™s been 2 days for me! You ok besides missing out on your favourite running location?

I am very often down Roath down Waterloo

Iā€™ve been working from home since March which has brought about challenges and opportunities.

I used to cycle to the station so had a good 7 mile cycle each way so had fitness built into my daily routine. Would sometimes even head out for a run on my lunch break too if I was feeling crazy. On the odd day I worked from home Iā€™d go for a run and walk the school run.

Working from home has meant I lost an hour cycling but opened up running at lunchtime - and Iā€™m not missing the 6am wakeup :joy:

Recently Iā€™ve started varying what I do more; bit of running, cycling and HIIT workouts. Have done boxing in the past and enjoy, particularly useful on rainy days.

Iā€™ve also found the 100 pushup challenge. Meant to get you to 100 pushup in 6 weeks, which I havenā€™t achieved but Iā€™ve found the challenge fun and have increased the number of press ups I can do

3 Likes

I canā€™t even do one push up! Thatā€™s one of my fitness goals!

1 Like

you never know until you try @fizzy you may be surprised u at be doing them lol

2 Likes

Feeling that! Bibs arenā€™t that convenient for men either! Closed cafes are a disappointment as I often cycle for the coffee and cake!

2 Likes

Nope but thier so much comfier!

1 Like

@fizzy I find most shorts and leggins rub me so I have taken to wearing nothing

1 Like

The best advice I ever got about pafded shorts/tights is donā€™t wear knickers with them. My favourite purcshse for my bikes. Is a padded seat with a cut out in the middle to stop my bits getting squashed!

4 Likes