LADIES - COPPAFEEL!!!

After Alice's message getting all you guys out there to check your balls... I wanted to give the ladies a go...

Breast Cancer affects 1 in 9 women in their life time so when you're sitting there with your 8 close friends, the likelyness is one of you will have cancer at some point....

"Coppafeel" is a Charity set up by Kris, a 23yr old woman who had to fight to get her breast cancer diagnosied. She's telling the world how Cancer doesn't discriminate against age and the best way for women under the age of 47 (the average age the NHS will start providing you with a mamogram) is to COPPAFEEL of their boobies!

Whoohoo - Who Doesn't want to feel their boobies!

Want to know how to check those boobies or look for the signs of cancer? http://www.coppafeel.org/get_aware

If you want more help and information on Breast Cancer, no matter what age you are go to:

www.COPPAFEEL.org

im really really bad for checking my boobies, as when ever ive done it before, i dont really know what im meant to be feeling for/looking for.

i guess as well i dont like checking them cos i am scared id find something, which is really stupid i know!

anyway thank you for posting this and the links, i shall give them a really good read, defatinaly food for thought for me esp after i saw my OH checking his balls, i mean him (who can never go to the GP, dentice ect ect with out a push, can check his balls) then i can check my boobies.

Dxx

Theres pictures on this link.... http://www.coppafeel.org/get_aware

makes it SO much easier to check your boobies! You will most probably find nothing - BUT if you check them often then if you do find something they are much more likely to be able to sort it :)

x

will check that link out as well in a bit, thanks for this post :-) i will also write down the website and tell my mum about them as well (though wont tell her where i find them :P ).

Dxx

Thanx for this post lovely!! i never knew what to look for until now!!

With all the cervical cancer around too i was paranoid about that too!! doctor said they dont test under 25's as all results under 25 would come back abnormal as were still growing?!

Its nice to know i can take control of my breasts at least!! xxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxchelzsxxxx wrote:

Thanx for this post lovely!! i never knew what to look for until now!!

With all the cervical cancer around too i was paranoid about that too!! doctor said they dont test under 25's as all results under 25 would come back abnormal as were still growing?!

Its nice to know i can take control of my breasts at least!! xxxxxxxxxxxxx

brilliant advice!

I too am rubbish at checking my boobs depsite the fact that my mum had breast cancer so I really should be more careful!

the most important thing to do re cervical cancer is to have smears as often as you're asked to, because these pick up the slightest changes. I know it's not pleasant but it's vital :)

I'll be copping a feel later.

Also worth pointing out breast cancer can occur in men too, much less likely but worth checking out the high risk criteria.

Good thread too... I think it was breast cancer month last month...

Yes i will be having a smear as soon as i turn 25!! it will be my birthday treat i think!! I am such a hypocondriac! Cancer doesnt run in my family really... but then again it can happen to anyone!! and with hubbys recent cancer scare i am much more aware!!

XXX

WandA wrote:

Also worth pointing out breast cancer can occur in men too, much less likely but worth checking out the high risk criteria.

Good thread too... I think it was breast cancer month last month...

Too true hubby found his lump that turned out to be a benign tumour! Men should take notice!! xxxx

xxxxchelzsxxxx wrote:

Yes i will be having a smear as soon as i turn 25!! it will be my birthday treat i think!! I am such a hypocondriac! Cancer doesnt run in my family really... but then again it can happen to anyone!! and with hubbys recent cancer scare i am much more aware!!

XXX

Heh.

Good point about smears too!

Let us throw prostate checking in to the mix too!

Ohh ill have to suggest that to hubby!! x

Hm, I get worried about the "abnormalities" where women can potentially get cancer earlier than the stated higher age range.

The good thing is I don't know of anyone in my family that suffered from cancer- No immediate family anyways so that's a little reassuring.. Heart attacks on the other hand..

I'm glad to be well informed about sex ed and things like breast cancer; how to search for signs from school.

Fully approve! I like the coppafeel awareness guide, as I've noticed a lot of self-check guides don't direct you to look all the way up to your armpit and don't mention discharge, skin puckering, dimpling etc.

October was indeed breast cancer awareness month (and LoveHoney gave £1000 to Burlesque Against Breast Cancer who raise money for the - in my opinion - supremely excellent Macmillan).

i personaly think that women should be given smear tests from when they start being sexualy active instead of waiting untill there 25.

there has been quiet a few very young women who have died from cervical cancer due to it not being found early on as they was under the age of 25 and so didnt get to have smears. i think its in wales they do smears from the age of 20.

Dxx

Ooh, That's impressive. Yay for LoveHoney. I always donate that extra couple of quid for charities on ebay. >.<

Hm, maybe that can be an option for LH too? I think it would be quite resourseful especially for those that need a couple of quid more for a required amount of spending.

I remember in school where they explained how breast cancer wasn't as obvious as you first might think- Armpit area should also be checked etc.

diamonds wrote:

i personaly think that women should be given smear tests from when they start being sexualy active instead of waiting untill there 25.

there has been quiet a few very young women who have died from cervical cancer due to it not being found early on as they was under the age of 25 and so didnt get to have smears. i think its in wales they do smears from the age of 20.

Dxx

This is what has surprised me - I was given smears as soon as I started being sexually active - so have had them since I was 17. Every three years.

I didnt realised they waited till you were 25 now!

That's awful!

Thanks for the advice. I too get confused about checking/how to check, as although I do it, I'm never quite sure what I'm feeling for or if anythings different from the last time. However, I did find a lump near my armpit that was very sore to touch and went to the Docs and she told me it was a gland that had swollen due to hormonal issues and everything is fine now thank goodness. Breast cancer has been very common in my family and amongst my friends, so I'm so frightened of it. Thanks for bringing the subject up in a friendly way x

LoveHoney - Alice wrote:

October was indeed breast cancer awareness month (and LoveHoney gave £1000 to http://burlesqueagainstbreastcancer.blogspot.com/ who raise money for the - in my opinion - supremely excellent Macmillan).

Wow Alice, that's really great of LH - you folks are awesome! And yes, Macmillan are awesome too!

Me thinks the best idea is to get you OH to check for you im sure they wont mind 'helping out'.

Another excuse to feel you up girlies xxx

diamonds wrote:

Dxx

my thoughts exactly. iv demanded smears since the age of 16 due to alot of abnormal bleeding and pain, which my doc says was down to my contraceptive pill, id rather have had to option to put my mind at rest to be honest its not a gamble im willing to take, cant wait untill i turn 25 just to put my mind at rest!

x