Latex dress advice

Hi all. Last night me and hubby were looking through the lingerie section and we came across a latex mini dress. Husband then told me he thought it looked good and wouldn't mind us trying it out, totally took many surprise as I didn't think latex/PVC was his sort of thing. I was reading about the dress and it says about needing to polish it up for a shine and that it needs lubrication to help get it on...just wondered if anyone here has experience with this and what methods of putting it on and lubricating it would be reccomend for a first time user. Thanks 😊 x

I have several latex dresses and have never used a dressing aid to put them on...sometimes a light layer of baby powder on the body... then step into them and pull them up if possible...I spray the shine on when the dress is on the body and it has warmed up and much easier to rub up to a shine in situ...

1 Like

CurvyJilly34F wrote:

I have several latex dresses and have never used a dressing aid to put them on...sometimes a light layer of baby powder on the body... then step into them and pull them up if possible...I spray the shine on when the dress is on the body and it has warmed up and much easier to rub up to a shine in situ...

Likewise, we totally agree.

go for it, it's a great addition and a new insight to a different style of clothing.

Mr&MrsDLPS wrote:

CurvyJilly34F wrote:

Likewise, we totally agree.

go for it, it's a great addition and a new insight to a different style of clothing.

Another +1. Try not to be to put off when it arrives looking all dusty, just slink into it from the ground up. Spray the shiner on when wearing it IF you can reach around the back or enlist a friend, otherwise spray it before getting into it. Word of caution if you do this method though: the shiner is super slippy, and whatever surface you had the dress laid on will be equally slippy/ lethal.

Good luck and enjoy the world of latex...quite habit forming, no one can stop at one!

1 Like

I have been wearing latex for years and have many items, even some from high street stores. While the shine is down to personal choice i use pjur, also dressing aid is important especially for leggings, sleved garments or catsuits.

There are many other hints though, firstly putting latex on can be an very testing process to say the least, pacience is needed as much as shine or dressing aid. Also it is a cold fabric, but it warms up quickly, i tend to put the latex before having a drink and doing hair and makeup.

If its something that goes over your head and you have long hair tie it up, if it gets caught in the dress it HURTS. Beware of jewelery, nails, glasses, heels or anything else that may catch and ultimatley rip the garment.

I never use baby oil around it as it can damage or de colour it depending on the quality.

But believe me once it is on it feels and looks amazing, it is a very empowering to wear.

3 Likes

This is really helpful thank you!

1 Like

I have a dress that I really enjoy wearing for certain occasions and also a bodysuit. A bit of powder does help to get it on.

We do have some latex underwear too that is very exciting to wear, I have a thong and he has some briefs and we will often wear them at weekends or if we are going out somewhere together.

I’ve always had a thing for latex or PVC, love it when my OH wears leather trousers or tops. Do you think I should surprise her with some latex or PVC or ask her what she would feel like wearing it?

Try it as a suggestion and see how she reacts.

2 Likes

Not worn it personally but it’s a massive turn on for me. I’ve also helped shine - the Pjur spray is very good, along with begloss!

You can use baby powder but I’d rub it on the inside of the garment, rather than your body if that makes sense?

If I recall correctly, LH posted a YouTube video about latex! :heart::heart_eyes:

Have fun! Hope you both enjoy it!

1 Like

Great advice. My misses always powders her latex before and after wear. The pjur spray shine mentioned earlier in this thread works well and doesn’t take long to get a high gloss. She’s only worn skirts rather than full dresses as she struggled to get a good fit top and bottom but I still love the look. It makes getting it on and off easier too