Leather cock ring irritation

I recently got some kind of irritation from an adjustable soft leather cock ring/strap thingy, i got some tiny blisters where the leather was in contact. I stuck some sudocrem on it and it's cleared up.

Does anyone else get this and have you any ideas what might have caused it?

Thanks folks.

D

Have you used it before? You may have had a reaction to a tanning agent that had been used on the leather - it's quite rare I think, but it can happen.

Deffinately don't use it again. Was it actual leather? It's just a skin reaction, people are allergic to all manner of things

Thanks folks, yup it's real leather but probably tanned in something toxic knowing my luck, had it for ages but not used it for a while and only once before now. Bin fodder me thinks ![](upload://f8zGclFeQx35HwZLqJ7J1rFzQ0n.gif)

If you've had it a while perhaps something's degraded and you've reacted to that

Could be, probably some chemical leaching out or something. I did'nt have it on all that long either maybe 30mins..... It's in the bin now, might get a new one from LH but i think i've blown my toy budget this month ![](upload://JDvwB4BqTlXmc0TRZyEqziKCrM.gif)

As it is adjustable what is use to make it adjust?

If it has got a buckle or popper buttons they could be the cause of irritation. A lot of people suffer from nickel allergies (myself included) so have to be careful of this. Even items made of stainless steel contain nickel.

I can't wear regular stainless steel backed watches for example. Or if I wear a belt with my jeans I have to tuck my shirt in to avoid the buckle touching my skin.

The rash is extremely itchy and blisters, as you say, and seems to get worse for days after before it starts to settle.

Agree regarding the tanning method and an allergic reaction. I'd recommend going for an allergy test.

Also take note, because leather is pourous you may of just got some nasty bacteria stuck in it, which is causing problems.

Of simply, you could've got a friction burn without noticing until taking it off.

Good point's, thanks! It had pop fasteners which might have caused it, i had a reaction years ago from a sleeper earing stud which lost it gold coating...i had forgotten about that.

Hope it's not a bacteria Lady Ness, seems fine now so fingers crossed on that.

It seemed to be where the hair roots are that got blistered. I shave down there so it might be related to that. Dont know if i should try getting a new one from LH now, maybe i should avoid leather...

If anyone has a reaction to studs, rivets or popers. Then a small coating of clear nail varnish should be enough to act as a barrier.

Good tip BrumGuy! Turns out it was nickle allergy to blame. I ordered a velcro fastening one.